Pregnancy 35+ Community
I need some help :'(

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I need some help :'(

I been in labor for about a month in a half already & I am 38 weeks now....im scheduled for a cesarian in 2 weeks and I really dont wanna wait that long because my pains are so horrible to the point where I cant walk & the pains make me cry......i been in & out of the hospital with my contractions at a minute apart but they keep sending me home cuz unfortunately its not making any changes to my cervix :'( Im frustrated & fed up with all this pain & im tired of the doctors not doing anything about it! Thats why I decided to ask this question to see if any of you other mammaz out there can help me out......everyone has been telling me about castor oil that it supposibly puts you into labor really fast.....i just wanna know is it safe to try  if im scheduled for a cesarian? Ive had 2 cesarians before.......i just dont wanna cause  no harm to me or my baby girl.....or if you know any other ways to help dialation or to break my water? Thanks everyone in advance & please no bad judgements! I am seriously in horrible pain & need her out! Anything helps :) have a nice day!
Tags: Pain, TIRED, help me
Why are they making you wait? Most of the time if you have a csection before they don't want you to wait to go into labor b/c you can rupture the csection scar.  That's just wierd to me.  Call your doctor and tell them you want a c section asap and you aren't waiting anymore.  You sometimes have to be firm with dr.'s. Baby should be fully developed. I've heard castor oil and sex spicy food and lots of walking will put you into labor. Good luck.
Yeah I know but i guess theres a new law that u can only schedule a cesarian a week before the due date & the only way they can take her out they said if im 3 centimeters dialated which I think is crazy cuz I thought ur not suppose to dialate if ur getting a cesarian? But yeah I tried to yell at my dr but he said he cant do anything about it :'( do u know how much castor oil ur suppose to take in order to induce labor?
Don't do the caster oil unless u want raging diahrea!  It can dehydrate u also and that's not good for u or baby.  May b tmi but nipple stimulation causes body to secrete oxytocin the hormone that induces labor.  Also try drinking red raspberry leaf tea.  Ride down bumpy roads and walk walk walk.  Good luck.
Should be fully developed and actually BEING fully developed are two very different things. Just being 38 weeks doesn't mean baby is meant to come yet and some babies aren't yet mature at that age. I understand you're uncomfortable, I really do. I spent my entire pregnancy vomiting non-stop and being nauseated 24/7. It's horrible and the end can't come quickly enough. But this is for your babies own good.

The reason they want you to be 3cm or more before they take her, is because you can dilate 1-2cm and stay that way for awhile. It doesn't mean you're actually in labour. You do NOT want to use Castor Oil for ANY reason though. It's dangerous and should be avoided. Not to mention unless baby is ready it's likely to only cause YOU more extreme pain. You stated you have so much pain it hurts to walk, how would you handle diarrhea/vomiting if this didn't sit well on your stomach?