Pregnancy 35+ Community
I'm 15w2d...where should the baby be?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I'm 15w2d...where should the baby be?

Last night, I was trying to find the baby's heartbeat (the last few times I found it, it was pretty close to my hairline (sorry for TMI)...), but I thought with being over 15 weeks, it would be closer to my belly button now ... at least higher than my line, y'know? But it was down there again....I had more trouble finding it and keeping it on the screen, but when I did...it was 150-152 bpm. And nothing else could account for that number, right?

Then, I woke up this morning and I could 'suck in' everything and felt downright skinny.

What's the deal?  Could my uterus not be expanding the way that it should be?
i was the same way! : )   my dr said it was since i had a concave pelvis, she sat down in my pelvis longer than the majority of people- totally normal though! : )   i am tall too, so that can also be a factor.. it also depends how he/she is laying each day.. if they are sidways, they can kind of make your uterus more horizontal and make her HB harder to find! : ) totally normal at this stage!   When is your next sono?? oh , and i'd also have days around that time where i'd wake up and feel like my belly was totally gone! Congrats on 15 weeks!!! : ) almost halfway there!!!
My next OB appt is Sept. 3rd...I don't know if they'll do a sono that day or not. But I'm so nervous that something is wrong. It's hard when you've never been through it...there's no books to tell you everything to expect and not to expect.

I can hear the heartbeat so that's all that matters, right? I hope?
I'm over 17w and everytime we find the h/b, the baby is still down there. The baby moves around alot and me and my DH have chased the h\b, but it is still further from the belly button than the hairline.

I think I read that the top of the uterus does not reach the belly button until around 20w. And even if the top of the uterus is there, the baby is definitely below this point and could be in any position. I don't think the h\b will be near the belly button for a while.
I also rented a doppler and would find a h/b closer to hairline as well.  It was never anywhere close to my belly.  I think it's normal since my ob was searching fo h/b in that arera as well during my exams.
Relax!!!  I am sure that everything is OK.
Thanks, everyone...I don't know what's wrong with me. Chalk it up to hormonal mood swings, I guess :P
Relax mommy to be...

I am 24 weeks today, feeling the baby move all around and I still listen for the h/b.  Every time I find it, it's a little above the pelvis area.
Ditto for me, I always found the HB down low.