Pregnancy 35+ Community
Implantation at 9 dpo

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Implantation at 9 dpo

I am 9 dpo and since about four months ago my 28 day cycle turned 30 to 31 days. I am due for AF (period) on this thursday-today is sunday. Today I woke up and took my temp. It spiked up to notches. Before bathing I went to check my cervix which was completely out of reach and found blood instead. Not heavy but definitely red. I put on a pad but it's been a couple hours and not drenched. The first day of my AF is ALWAYS heavy without question and with a lot of cramps. I have nothing but that blood. NO pain.

I'm confused because I am 9 dpo and it's way too early to start my AF. I'm hoping it's IB. Has anyone else had red IB this early and had a BFP? I only want those who have either had red bleeding (not heavy or heavy) or known of someone who had this to answer. I say this because people will post they don't know. I want people that DO know. Thank you.

9 DPO is right about when implantation should be happening.  Bleeding occurs in some.

Early days yet, but reckon you should take a pregnancy test (sensitive one) in about 3 days.

Best wishes
I had one episode of red spotting with my last two pregnancies.  One was at 9 dpo, one at 8.  The first time lasted longer than the second, which was only once when I wiped.  I was taking low dose aspirin which may have contributed to the bleeding?  
Your timing is right- fingers crossed!  BTW I got a BFP two mornings later with a very sensitive test, but I almost needed superhero vision to see it ;-)
Thanks ladies.

Chinesebones, I have been taking low dose aspirin also. I wondered if that had anything to do with it. This is my first month using that.

I never have mid cycle bleeding like that unless it's tiny spotting the night before my period. Well my fingers are crossed.

I actually didn't even try to conceive this month. I was so worn out from the past months from hoping. I was giving my brain a break this month so to speak.  

By the tme last night came it had turned brown and then stopped. Today nothing just residual when I wipe and I'm sure when I get out of the bathtub that will be gone too. Wow I'm trying not to be excited but it's hard not to you know?  Thanks again.