Pregnancy 35+ Community
Is duphaston safe in early pregnancy?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Is duphaston safe in early pregnancy?

Hello everyone,
just found out I was pregnant, should be six weeks now. I did suffer a miscariage two months ago so of course quite worried with this one. My doctor performed an ultrasound everything looks normal, but she said my "baby" was a week late. I should be six weeks, but the ultrasound showed that I was five weeks pregnant.
The doctor said that its normal at this stage and not to worry. She did prescribe for me DUPHASTON does anyone know it and taken it during pregnancy?
I know that its to keep the endometrium strong for the "baby", but could it have any negative side effects?
I know that the doctor knows best, but I'm still worried I dont want to take too much medication She even told me to take an aspirin a day to help the blood flow......
Any advice.......
Thanks for your time
I do not know anything about duphaston but on my own I took a baby aspirin (81 mg) for this last pregnancy as soon as I learned I was pregnant. I have had 3 miscarriages in the pas and a baby aspirin is often recommended for women who have had miscarriages in the 1st trimester. I also took progesterone pills for several weeks. My OB-Gyn approved both, I am actually still taking the baby aspirin at 23 weeks.
Trust your doctor, not all medications are bad in pregnancy and some can make a difference.
Hi, I am taking Duphaston and it is safe. Its actually progresterone supplements to help maintain your progresterone levels to maintain the pregnancy. Don worry - the doc wont give you anything that has side effects without telling you - they can be sued! I had been takign Duphaston in my previous pg and this. So its safe :O)
Thank-you very much for your responses, but I have one more question.
Before prescribing duphaston should the doctor have your progesterone level checked first?
What I have read on the net, too much progesterone in your system can have negative side effects on the foetus.
My progesterone level was never checked, only my tsh, ft4 and prolactin and I don't think that would show how much progesterone is already in your system.
Did the doctor check yours before giving you progesterone tablets??
For this pregnancy no my OB-gyn did not check my progesterone levels (I am now at 24 weeks). She told me it was OK to take it until the 12th week. I took vaginal suppos, 200 mg once a day.
My dr. checked my levels three times before she put me on them...levels were low, so I was put on vaginal suppositories (100 mg) until 12 weeks.  She continued to check levels until week 7 or 8 to ensure I didn't need 200 mg.
No - my doc didnt check my progesterone levels either. Given my history of an ectopic and one mc before, once he knew I was pg, he put me on progesterone for my 2nd daughter and I was not overdosed or anything. With this 3rd pregnancy, it was the same meds and same dosage too.
Read ur comments, My doc has also prescribed me duphaston now,  am in my 29th week of pregnancy. My last USG showed a low placenta and my doc told that duphston would help the placenta in its natural process of moving upward.
I am a bit confused reading the above discussion, none of you seem to have been prescribed duphaston in the third trimester. Will it be safe for me to take it now, will it have any side effect.
Am on aspirin protect 100 and duphaston i am 4 weeks pregnant doc did not check my progestoron but i did the test anyways and will show my result to my doc on thursday did quantitative beta hcg twice so lost dont know what to do am also taking pregnaplan and folic acid
I have been put on duphaston 10 mg tablets and weekly fertgyn 5000 hp injection. My doctor did not check my progesterone level or hcg hormone this is my first pregnancy and my only medical history is that I have bilateral endometrial cyst. I am really scared
does this also help in reducing facial hair in pregnant ladies
Hi ladies, I feel a little relieved after reading the comments and learning more about Duphaston. I just learned that I'm pregnant and the doc prescribed me with Duphaston coz of my history. I've had 4 abortions in the past and a miscarriage. So I'm super worried. In my ultrasound, she could only see the gestation sac. The doc said that it's probably still early. I'm on the twice a day for 2 weeks until my next scan. I hope this drug will benefit me in maintaining a healthy and strong start of pregnancy. I very much would like to have a baby now.
Did the embryo develop from your gestation sac after taking duphaston?
I'm delay almost 2weeks but in pregnancy test it is negative.my ob suggest take DUPHASTON to have a menstruation.but i'm worrying, if i'll take it.what if i'm pregnant, because pregnancy test sometimes is wrong, what happen to my baby?..is there a side effect to my baby?..please answer my question.thank u..