Pregnancy 35+ Community
Is taking B complex to extend Luteal phase affecting my ovulation also?...

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Is taking B complex to extend Luteal phase affecting my ovulation also?

I started to take vitamin B complex last cycle as I had read that it can help extend luteal phase and as mine had been down to 8 days at one point I thought I'd give it a try.  Last cycle I had a luteal phase of 11 days but my ovulation day this cycle is now around 21-22 days which if af arrives on time my luteal phase this time will be 9 days.  Can the B complex delay ovulation?  Is there anything else I can do to help extend my luteal phase to help implantation.  Any advice would be gratefully received.
Sorry my last month's luteal phase was 13 days not 11.
I myself took a B complex for my luteal phase too, but I did not have any trouble with ovulating on time. That is strange! I know if your cycle is longer then your ovulation date can be off, but not your luteal phase be longer (that is if your cycle date is still the same)

Have you mentioned this to your ob?? I found Clomid was my most effective route! I o'd on time and had a much better luteal phase too!

Good luck!
Are your sure that your luteal phase is really the short one? Are you using ovulation kits or a ovulation monitor? Sorry - I am just surprised!
Ecologic - I am using the digital opk's which I think are pretty accurate, so I'm pretty sure my luteal phase is short though I did get pregnant in April 09 but sadly lost my boy at 19 weeks.  I'm thinking of continuing taking the b-complex for the rest of this cycle and seeing how long my luteal lasts for.  

rdh1981 - Last month my cycle did extend by 2 days from 29 to 31 - I have no clue what's going on!  I am going to a consultant with regards to possibly being put on clomid in the future but unfortunately my appointment at the end of May has been cancelled and rescheduled for July which is frustrating.  When do you take your B-complex and has it extended your luteal phase at all?

Thank you ladies for your responses.  
I have been taking the vitamin b complex and just found out I am pregnant!!!  I was taking it because I have had 2 previous mc's and heard it could legthen my lp and maybe help me to not mc. But it didn't effect ovulation. I was using opk's also and got a bfp 11 dpo :) good luck!!