Pregnancy 35+ Community
Is there a way for you to know what side you are ovulating from each mo...

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Is there a way for you to know what side you are ovulating from each month?

Hello, I am wondering if any of you know how to tell if you are ovulating for sure? and if so, how do you know if it is the right or left side? (during an HSG the dr said my left fallopian tube was in spasm? He did not know if it was blocked or not, but said it was probably just in spasm) Afterwards during the followup the NP said I can probably only get pregnant when ovulating on the right side. (My husbands SA is also in question)...Being 37 I am SO ready to conceive=) Thanks!
Alot of the women on this site chart there ovulation, there are a couple of different ways to do this some you one or a combination or all. You can check your cervical muccus, when it looks like egg white and is very stretchy, that is optimum fertile muccus, using ovulation test strips, these detect the lh surge your body has to encourage your overy to release the egg, usually 12-36hrs after this is detected you ovulate, or you can do basal body temping, you can also use an ovulation calculator off the net to help predict when you ovulate, the latter is only really good if you have regular cycles, I use the sticks and c/m method. Somen women experience pain in in there overy, which ever side that is releasing the egg, others can have a tiny bit of blood appear on the t/paper or on their undies at time of O, I always feel like I'm about to be sick. Usually you ovulate alternate sides each month, so if they're thinking that only the right side is working properly, you should ovulate from that side each time, I would get yourself onto some good pre-conception vitamins or if you cant find them definatley folic acid or prenatals, I'm abit older than you and I also take royal jelly, evening primrose oil (from the start of my period until ovulation) , and also vital greens, or spurilina is just as good, it takes 90 days for your body to mature an egg so the 3 months prior to concieveing are important as to what you put in your body, good luck
sorry about spelling mistakes typing one hand and b/feeding :)
Im 37...9 weeks preg w/baby #2. My daughter will be 2 in Feb...I only have one fallopian tube!! I had my left removed when I was 18 due to a very large cyst gone wild. You shouldnt have any problems w/only one tube...nature has a way of knowing. I also had a co-worker who concieved 2 of her 3 children w/only one tube also!! Good Luck :)
Lots of women conceive with only one tube.  It can take a bit longer, but it absolutely happens.  As far as knowing in advance.  I know they can tell you by ultrasound which side you ovulated from after the fact, but not certain about before.  I would think they could take a good guess based on the size of follicles prior to O, but I'm not certain.  It certainly is worth asking about though.  I am quite certain that there is no way to influence which side you ovulate from.  Best of luck to you.
For me personally I always felt a sharp popping pain from 1 side or other when I was ovulating.  Def alternates between the two.  

Im quite sensitive to pain in my pelvic area so was always easy to tell.  I'm sure a lot of women would never notice.

When I concieved it was from the right side for sure, which makes sense for me due to having endo on left side of pelvis and tube.