Pregnancy 35+ Community
It has been a long time for me....

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

It has been a long time for me....

I HAVE 2 GREAT KIDS A GIRL 15 AND A BOY 17 I AM NOW PREGNANT WITH A BABY BOY NOT SURE HOW LONG I HAVE ONE DR SAYS 36 WEEKS BUT THINGS HAVE RAISED QUESTIONS LIKE THREE WEEKS AGO A SONOGRAM WAS DONE AND HE WAS WEIGHING 6LBS4OZ I AM ALREADY 2CM AND 60% AND I HAVE CONTRACTIONS DAILY JUS NOT REGULAR HATE THE UNCERTAINTY JUS READY TO HOLD MY BABY IS THERE SOMTHING MAYBE WE COULD DO TO HELP WITH THE UNCERTAINTY ...AM I BEIN SELFISH...I M JUS IN ALOT OF DISCOMFORT DAILY...WAS NEVER SURE ON LAST MENSTRUAL CYCLE...
Based on the size,  the doctor can determine approximately how far along you are.  There is a chance that you could be having a bigger baby.  Im 23 weeks and am measuring 26 weeks.  Unless you know for sure the date of conception,  wanting to have the baby now might not be good for the baby.

I know the last 4 weeks can be very rough.  Every day feels like a month.  You are almost there.  Try and relax.  Do some light exercising every day ,  like walking.  Chances are youll have the baby early.  

BTW,  with my first,  i was a day past my due date.  I got BH every day and was dilated 2cm.  Same as you. Only difference was i was leaking fluid which i didnt know.  Because of that,  the doctors decided to induce me right away.
Just remember that sonograms reliability diminish as pregnancy gets closer to due date especially during third trimester that's why ultrasound due dates are usually given during 1st trimester or early 2nd. Even the estimating of weight is less accurate. You are generally in the final stretch and at least when baby comes s/he will be of good weight and will be healthy. Congrats
I definitely want to keep him in as long as possible i have went threw so much i switched drs at 34 weeks he thought everything was a joke when last ultrasound was done at 33 weeks i was measuring 37 weeks and outside measurement was 38 the new Dr is alot better but just recieved records have not seen him since he recieved them but 2 days before he did i was contracting steady given two shots in hospital to stop them the uncertainty is killing me ...
First of all...relax.  Second...my doctor told me that if I didnt go into labor soo (with my first) that I was going to have a 10 pound baby...said she was a really big baby.  7lb, 7 oz she weighed, so I always question the accuracy of those tests.  Finally, make sure you are drinking lots of water (stay hydrated) and get plenty of rest for the big day.  Namaste.