Pregnancy 35+ Community
Kids movies

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Kids movies

Hello everyone,
We have a snow day today and I'm thinking about taking my 8yr old DD to the movies. She really wants to see the Princess and the Frog but I'm a little worried. She gets extremely scared. She still has nightmares about Coraline! Her father took her to see it so I'm not even sure if she has reason to be or if she is just extremely sensative. Has anyone seen both. I know there is some voodoo/witchcraft that might scare her in Princess. Any ideas?
i dont have a clue but how fun it sounds!! i think caroline is such a different movie, i cant imagine princess being like that.  caroline was a tim burton fillm right?  i love him but he does do odd films for kids lol.  
That's true. I haven't let her watch any of his other films because I know how she'd react. Princess does look cute. And it's getting good reviews.
i think there is a website you can go to that will tell you more about the ratings and whta the movie has it in.  check it out i just wish i knew what it was called.
We ended up seeing the Princess and the Frog. It was very cute. I thought my DD would be a little scared, some of the scenes were dark and spooky. She seemed fine with it though and we talked afterwards. She said it wasn't scary like Coraline. I just have to wait and see if she has any nightmares tonight.  It was good though if anyone is thinking of seeing it. There were some parts that concerned me but like I said, she and I talked and I think she is fine. I guess I shouldn't worry so much.
Thanks for the advice.