Pregnancy 35+ Community
Looking for egg donor in ontario, Canada

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Hello ,
I am not new to this forum but I don't post very often. We are a couple who have tried numerous IUI's and IVFs with no success.Now our only chance of having a baby is by donor eggs. I am desperately looking for an angel. Is there anyone out there who can help me. We are looking for an egg donor in London, Ontario (Canada) or the surrounding areas. We currently have a fertility doctor in the London area and want to start our family ASAP God willing.
Tags: egg donor
Have you considered going to the U.S.?  Egg donors are compensated for their time and trouble here, so there are donors to choose among.
Hi there,

I'm a fellow Canuck in Calgary having the same challenge as you.  I can tell you that finding a donor is exceedinly difficult as it is illegal here to pay for them. Not to many potential donors are prepared to take all of those fertility drugs and undergo the egg harvesting for no compensation (at least in my experience). I am currently working with my Fertility Dr. to go to Seattle and work with a shared donor program there (shared donor is far less expensive).  It seems the easiest and best way to do this.  Ask your Dr. in London about recommendations.  That's how I initially found out about the program out of Seattle.  It's frustrating I know...how I wish our laws would change.
Thanks for your advises and yes my Dr did mentioned a program they are doing in collaboration with a NYC clinic and I may do that but still I wanted to keep looking myself too and you never know, find someone with good heart.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
adgal...you are right ,I am sure whoever makes the laws/legislation/policies has never gone through all this thats why they don't care
I am in Calgary as well and looking at going to the States for egg donation and IVF. Have you gone ahead?  I am wondering if it is are to find a clinic to treat and monitor you as you prep to have the embryo transfer given that it is illegal here?
maybe i am the one you are looking for....is there an email i can reach you at. i live in windsor.
I hope so too that you ARE the one. My email is ***@****
it's smithkaren910 yahoo ca
I dont know if you have been lucky to find egg donor. I hope you have. If not i will just tell you little of my experience. I live in UK. there is long list for egg donors for same reasons as in Canada. Some fertility clinics send you abroad anyway . cost about £8000. I did my research and found a highly regarded clinic in Athens. They sent prescription for meds to uk for me. Had to have all the tests. HIV, HEP B/C  sperm analysis, itravaginal scan in UK then email all results. Going to Athens in October for embryo transfer. I am 46 with older children . tubes tied. This to me seemed the very best chance of bringing home a baby. My DH first. Tests so far cost under £1000 and the procedure in Athens will cost £4500 inc DE. Obviously hotel and travel is extra. It requires one visit and staying about 5 days. Hope this helps . Good luck