Pregnancy 35+ Community
Low AMH levels...need some hope!

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Low AMH levels...need some hope!

I am 42 yrs old and my husband and I have been trying to conceive.  My obgyn ordered some blood tests and found my AMH level is a .69  I was devastated by the news. She is referring me to a fertility specialist but didn't seem very optimistic.  We have no children and can't imagine not having one of our own.  I am trying to come to terms with the possibility that I will never be a mother but it is so emotionally difficult.  I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with age and low AMH levels and was able to conceive?  Any advice?

I appreciate any feedback or advice anyone has to give.  Thanks so much!
I had that test done in oct last year and my one was -1.1, I also freaked out as well, what I can tell you is yes you will be able to get pregnant and using your own eggs if you want to but, you will need to do a few things and maybe change a few things, cut out or drastically cut down on caffine and alcohol and smoking, those are 3 deffinate things, then you need to get rid of highly processed food from your diet adding lots of vegetables and fruits as well as lean meats, do organic if you can afford to, dairy should be organic and only the milk should be light, you need to get what eggs you have left into good sahpe so you need to start taking some suppliments, you will need to take them for at least 3 months....
this is what I'm on and alot of other women are as well...
first off get on a good pre conception vitamin or prenatal one
then add to the mix...
macca powder to regulate your hormones, royal jelly for egg health, coq10,  fish oil, b6 if you have a luteal phase deficincy, evening primrose, take that from your period to ovulation time, I also have bee pollen and coconut oil, and vital greens as well, I then saw a specialist who said I was taking everything I should be and the only other suggestion he had for me was to take dhea suppliments for 3 months which I start taking in may... also start tracking your ovulation, using opk's is a good way and also checking your cervical muccus as well, dont let anyone tell you it cant be done as it can :)
then add to the mix...
Hi there.  I had my amh level at. 7 when we were ttc #3.  But with meds we conceived first try.  I was given femara, follistim, novarell, estrace, and progesterone.  I had 3 other obs tell me I was in early menopause starting at around age 34!  However being the stubborn person I am I found a wonderful re who treated me aggressively and it worked!  Don't give up, if u don't like what 1 dr says find another!  Good luck to u.
Oh I also forgot to say, try acupuncture as well :)
Thank you so much for your reply!  It was soooo helpful and encouraing.  I appreciate the advice and it makes sense to do those things.  I hadn't even really thought about the change in diet or vitamins, and trying to ensure what eggs are left are as healthy as possible. Thanks for the specific names of vitamins and food.  That will help me get started.  I hope things are going well for you.  All my best to you!  
Yes, I had heard about acupuncture from doctor.  Never knew that could help with fertility issues. Thanks again!!
Thank you for replying and sharing your success!  That is wonderful that you had success on the first try with the medications.  I am anxiously awaiting my appt with the fertility specialist to learn more about the meds that might be available to me.  It gives me hope to hear about your success.  You are right, I need to be stubborn and not let one doctor decide my future!!  Thank you again!  It really helps to hear from other women who are or have gone through this and to hear they were able to have children.  I really appreciate it!  
Also ad folic acid in there too. Good luck
if you cant find vital greens you can take sprilina instead, and alot of ladies take a baby asprin each day as well, I'm looking into taking that, but yes you have to get your eggs into good condition, then it doesnt really matter about you amh result as long as your popping out some good eggs, you will have to be prepared for a miscarriage or two in your quest but if your fully aware of that possibility, you have every opportunity of becomming pregnant and having a healthy bub :)
if you need to know the amount just send me a note or message me and I'kll let you know how much I'm taking :)
Your AMH level really isnt that bad for your age.. mine is lower and i am 38. My FSH is a bigger concern than the AMH. I have heard tons of success stories with women who have had similar results to yours. You didnt mention what your FSH was, but keep in mind, your eggs are still 42 yrs old-my RE feels sometimes bloodwork means nothing-age seems to be a bigger factor when it comes to women over 40. I would definitely try injectables first (with intercourse), Chlomid is evil I think and I do not think Chlomid should be used for us older gals. I would not waste any time though-if injectables alone dont work after the first few cycles, I would move on to IVF. You may still become a mother-if worst comes to worst and your own eggs do not work, you can alwayse use donors. I would absolutely see a Reproductive Endocrinologist first-GYNS are always downers when it comes to older women and truthfully, they dont know that much about fertility and may give you bad info. See an RE that is not afraid of older women- some are and will give you the donor egg lecture right away when it is too early to recommend that. Good luck.
Hey there,

I'm 23 years old and was told at the age of 16 that I will never conceive a child of my own.
I have recently done a blood test and my fsh was 39.9 and AMH was under 1. The doctors that i have seen have done nothing about no treatment was dne all they said is that the only way of having a child is through donners egg.
I have been doing research but unfortunately I have not heard anyone at my age with the same issue. I'm not sure what to do. Should I still have hope?
Hi, Im half your age & definately no doctor, but I just wanted to say, my mum & her (now ex) partner were really into fitness, organic foods & just a really healthy lifestyle.. But my mum wasnt living like that for long, approx 1year before she fell pregnant (unplanned) she was 40 when she had my brother.. Im not sure if 2 years makes a difference, nor do I have any idea what state her eggs were in when he fell pregnant as she wasnt trying to concieve (conceive).. I really believe when people say stop trying to fall pregnant and you will, not literally stop trying but all that stress waking up and wishing and praying every month that your period doesnt come and then being down when it comes would be hard month after month.. I cant imagine how much it would be on your mind when you want something so bad, just try to be less hard on yourself and believe that miracles happen everyday.. I wish u all the best & i hope you get your little baby one way or another..