Pregnancy 35+ Community
Measuring 2 weeks ahead

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Measuring 2 weeks ahead

Hello All My Friends:

I usually don't post questions; just basically respond to most of them, so most of you know me already.  Now I need some responses to my question:  Since I have hit my 3rd trimester I have been measuring bigger when they measure my fundal height.  I will be 29 weeks on Friday and today I measured 31 weeks (only like 2 weeks 2 days).  I have been measuring 1 - 1 1/2 weeks ahead since they started with the tape measuring.  I passed the 1 hour glucose test and also passed the 3 hours glucose test.  They did both test because I had Gestational Diabetes with my DD 15 years ago (she only weighted 6 lb 10 oz).  Now, my husband weighted 10 lbs 4 ozs at birth and his two brothers weighed over 9 lbs as well.  

As most of us do I started to look this up on the internet and was reading not such good things, that it could be too much amniotic fluid, which could mean fetal abnormalities, making it hard for him to swallow the fluid, which could be blockage in the gastrointestinal track, kidney problems, cleft lip or palate.  So now what do I do PANIC of course.

I'm sure there are some of you out there that measured bigger??? What was the problem?  What do you all think???  I'm scheduled for an ultrasound in one week to get the fetal growth.  But any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks all my friends.
Debbie
I know this must be worrying you so much. Like every woman in here we all think of the worst case scenario.  This happened to my sister.  She wound up having a beautiful but huge baby girl.  Over 10 lbs.  She did look like a baby sumo wrestler but now she's 10 and gorgeous.  I'm sure everything is fine.  Good luck to your family!
Can you ask your dr to measure how much liquid there is?  They can always tell you if there is not enough liquid so I assume they can tell you if there is too much as well.  That way you do not have to wonder and worry.
I'm having an ultrasound next Wednesday regarding the babies growth size and measuring the amount of fluid.  I also forgot to mention that I have gained already 34 lbs and I'm only 28.5 weeks.
I wish I knew something about this personally so that I would have more to offer then words of encouragement.  I do know that I have no doubt little Gavin is just fine...try not to worry too much.  I have noticed many posts on here of women saying they were measuring way ahead, and they had healthy (but most had big!) babies.  You have come so far, and are getting so close.  It will be ok I am sure.  I will be thinking about you Wednesday.  

Hugs, Amanda
I'm certainly no doctor, but I've been measuring really far ahead for most of my pregnancy, and I know when I conceived because it was with fertility drugs.  At the beginning, I was literally measuring 5 to 6 weeeks ahead!  I finally leveled out at measuring 3 weeks ahead until the last few weeks and seemed to have caught up with myself.  Last week I was 37 weeks, and finally I was measuring 37 weeks.  Baby just grew fast and he's a big boy, and I guess he's out of space!  The doctor never seemed concerned about too much amniotic fluid or me measuring ahead.  She said with second and subsequent pregnancies, measuring ahead is very common.

So, tomorrow I'm 38 weeks and estimated weight of the baby is over 8 lbs so far!  

Sheri