Pregnancy 35+ Community
Multiples
About This Community:

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Multiples

Hi, I'm 37 and trying to concieve (conceive).  This is the first time i have used fertility durugs.  I just have a couple of questions
I was taking clomid this cycle day 5-day 9. I havent ovualted yet, but i went to docor today and he stated that i have 4 mature egg follices and I have to take a hcg shot tomorrow, and then my IUI on Weds.

1. What will happen after I take the hcg shot/
2. Since I am releasing 4 eggs, does that mean i will have triplets?

Please help......
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
After your hcg shot, your eggs will be released anywhere between 24-48 hours later.  So your doc, or nurse will inject the purified semen inside your uterus.  It will take no time at all and it doesn't really hurt either.  It may be a bit uncomfortable.  After the procedure is done, they may let you lie down for a bit, or not, it depends on the doctor.  Then you go on with life as you normally would.  In two weeks they will do a pregnancy test.  If positive, then they will repeat the test 48 hours later to confirm the growth of the embryo.  If it is negative, you will get your period soon after.  

Having 4 mature eggs does not necessarily mean that you'll have multiples.  It will, however increase your chances to get at least one embryo implant.  Good luck with your quest and keep us posted!    
Blank
803938_tn?1403751853
I tried Clomid 3 times, each time I had 1 or 2 good follicles and unfortunately I never got pregnant with it. So your chances of having triplets are not that's high, you'll be lucky to have one embryo - though 4 good follicles is very good and greatly improve your chances! Good luck!
Blank
I know someone who conceived 5 babies thru IUI although she tried selective reduction & lost them all.  The point is that anything can happen.  
Also, IUI is how Kate Gosselin conceived from Jon & Kate plus 8.

God has a plan for all of us...........best wishes to you.
Blank
Thanks everyone for your comments and wishes....
@ Kricket212, i spoke to my doctor and he did suggest that i can have a fetal reduction if i want to, but now readig your comment with that person losing all embroys, i willjust have to pray for da best and wait and sees what god gives me.  I cant take that risk at all....
I will definitely keep everyone updated...
Blank
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 35+ Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979