Pregnancy 35+ Community
Natural/Vaginal birth of Twins

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Natural/Vaginal birth of Twins

Hello Everyone, I am just wondering whether it is possible to have vaginal birth of twins if one of the baby is in breech position? Any experiences? I just watched a video on YouTube and the lady had natural birth having (although she was taken to Operation Room) the second baby in breech which is the case I am asking for?
I believe a good midwife would deliver you even with one baby being breech. I have heard its best to stand to deliver breech babies, but I have seen videos of women lying down to deliver them. If you want a vaginal, start calling around to midwives. Ask friends for recommendations. Good luck!
Thanks Trevia, and if its placent previa is it still a possibility?
I don't think so. The danger of placenta previa is that the placenta would most likely deliver first leaving the babies inside with no means of getting oxygen. PP always results in c section, that I know of. If you aren't too far along the PP can correct itself with time. My placenta was forward in my 10 week ultrasound but has now moved up, I'm 28 weeks 3days now. I do hope you get the birth you want. While c sections aren't fun, it is better to have two healthy babies. Good luck.
My doc says as long as baby a is vertex we will go for vaginal delivery, I think it's very dependent on your doc....just ask at your next visit.
Thank you friends.  My wife is 35 weeks 5days anda c section is advised at 38th week. If one havea c section how it can affect future pregnancy?
My understanding from responses to my two posts is that vaginal birth is a possibility even if the baby is in breech position,  but it is not a possibility if its pkacenta previa. Am I correct?
You are correct, but ask your doctor. Get the opinion of several doctors if you can. Good luck.
also generally baby A has to be head down, baby B can be breech, sometimes then try and manually manipulate baby B to a head down position, other doctors want both babies head down, as pp have said its best to go through your wifes options with your doctor, ultimately the healthy delivery of your babies is the most important thing, and having a c-section will not adversly affect any later pregnancies :)
Thank you so much friends, really helpful information.
Im a twin, i was breeched but my sister was not. my mom delivered with her and had a csection with me :)