Pregnancy 35+ Community
No foetal pole

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

No foetal pole

Hi if there is no foetal pole showing at 8wks and 3days is there something to be alarmed about?please help me with this question
Fetal pole is usually seen in the 6th week, usually when you see the heartbeat. Was anything seen other than just the gestational sac?
Yes she also told me that they could see the yolk as well.my doctor says that maybe its too early to detect but im concerned cause I miscarried in may this year and I really want this one.honestly do u think I should be alarmed.i have no cramping nor bleeding and all the symptoms of being pregnant.
Seeing the yolk sac as well is a good sign!! I understand your concern, I miscarried with a blighted ovum a few years ago, so I demanded an early ultrasound with all 3 of my last pregnancies, just to make sure all was developing as it should be. Don't panic, maybe its too early for them to see yet, and u could be earlier than you think. Please keep me posted :)
Also, was a heartbeat detected?
Thank you so much love you you have given me a bit of hope she didn't say anything about a heartbeat.she looked very flustered when she was doing it as it was her first day there.she didn't know how far along I was and didn't say anything about a heartbeat.will keep in touch I've just meet a really good honest friend.thank you.
I think its really weird they didn't even tell you how far along you were! Sounds to me like the lady was maybe too inexperienced yet. Just wait til the next scan with aa different radiographer! I bet all is going along as it should be:) when I had my first scan ay 5 weeks 5 days all they saw was a gestational sac, and a yolk sac. But the lady doing it said seeing a yolk sac is a very good sign, usually you don't see that if nothing is going to develop. So please, enjoy your pregnancy and best of luck with everything :)
Thank you so much I hope things r ok.cant help but worry.hope wat u say is right.
How many weeks were u when they found ur foetal pole?
And I forgot to tell u when I booked in for me us for 10days latter which is oct 5 the lady asked me when me last period was I her on July 28 she thAn said that I could be 8 weeks and 4 days.but in some cases the foetal pole doesn't show till 9 weeks unless they have miscalculated my due date.my friends didn't show until 9 wks and 4dayz the baby was hiding.
I had a scan done at 7 weeks and 4 days due to some spotting, and the fetal pole and heartbeat was detected. This was done vaginally tho, as they said they could see a lot more clearly. I just had my 12 week scan this morning, the trans nuchal test, and they said all looks healthy and normal. I was getting my hcg levels taken a few times a week too, by my choice to make sure they were going up. The doc thought it was all unneccessary but I didn't care,that's what made me feel better, so maybe until your scan you could do that too? It's funny isn't it that all it takes is a m/c to make you so aware of everything, but I think its our right to know what's going on with our bodies and our babies! Anyway, I'm from Australia, I'm 37 and I have 2 other healthy children, how about you? And I'm due April 11.
Hey I'm from Australia also will be 36 yrs on oct 13 only have one child which is a boy who is turning 2 in oct 22.had 1 miscarriage this year.and I should be due in may 4 if everything is ok.not experiencing any spotting or any symptoms that could relate to a miscarriage when you had a blighted ovum whatever that is did you experience anything?im praying every night for things to be ok.
Oh and I should be 9weeks today if correct by my gp
A blighted ovum is where a gestational sac develops, but nothing else at all. I didn't find out til I was 11 weeks when I started spotting and it got heavier, then an ultrasound confirmed it. It was horrible to get that far just to find out nothing at all was growing, and there never was a baby. That's why I always had early ultrasounds, just to be sure. Never want to go through that again. But please don't go stressing about that, like I said, you have a yolk sac as well, which is a good sign!

Hi my yolksac measured at 10.32mm and ges sac at 3.10 wat do you think I only have 1 yolk sac.
Hi just wondering at 9 wks wat should your hcg levels be for it to be an ok pregnancy .
Hi can someone please help me with these answers
I had a blitzed ovum in December.  The sac kept on growing but there never was a yolk sac, it was empty. I think it is a good sign that they saw a yolk sac. Hang in there nd hopefully baby will sow up at next ultrasound. I wonder if maybe the dates are off, and it was just to early.
I am currently 15 weeks pregnant. With this pregnancy I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks and all they found was a yolk sac, nothing else. Then at my 7 week ultrasound they found baby.
Thank you do much for giving me a glimmer of hope it has been a stressful couple of days had me h g levels checked today find out results tomorrow and have us on Friday I am a thinking a bit more positive now it's hard as I had a m/c 5mnths ago.anyway congratulations and all the best and thank you for your help will keep u posted.
Hi had my hcg levels checked today the dr told me that it's at 33000 and it's slightly low but not to worry until tomorrows us which I'm praying that they will see the baby as they couldn't find the foetal pole at first us.im slightly relieved but still can't help but stress until tomorrow.i hope they can see the baby.
I am still thinking about you and baby and praying that your ultrasound goes well. I sure hope you see baby and heartbeat!
Hi had me us today found out that I'm only 6wks 1day found the baby but no heartbeat back at doctors to find out whether ges sac has grown since last day of us I'm praying everyday but I can't help but think the worst please help.thanks for your thoughts I appreciate it do much.
Hi there is there something to worry about when your hcg levels drop?as my first hcg was at 34400 and me second was at 33227 please help as my go us already writing this pregnancy as a failure.
I really don't know what to think. It sounds good that they saw baby this time. And I know that some people don't see heartbeats till later, so things might be okay.
Do your dates match up at all? How far along do yo think you should be at this point? Is it possible to only be 6 weeks?
The dropping hcg level does have me concerned. It should be climbing.  In August last year when the babies hearts had stopped my levels started to slowly drop. I pray this is not the case for you.
Try to keep positive and hang in there. All we can do is to continue to hope and pray that everything is going to be okay with your baby and you!
Hi how are u.was told today that I'm define fly 6wks and 1 day they saw ges sac yolk sac finally the baby and an embryo measuring 5mm dr told me his worried about hcg levels and has pronounced it to be a missed miscarriage now I'm completely numb and lost he wants me to go in to my antenatal clinic and get a final us done for them to make a decision on whether to have dnc done do you think that heartbeat will show up latter on or am I kidding myself my husbands telling me that we need to think the worse but I don't want to lose it second time around again.please wat should I do.
I am so sorry but it seems to be a miscarriage. I have had several of those where the baby heartbeat stops beating and stops growing,  it *****! Good luck!
Hi no symptoms of bleeding cramping or anything that's suggesting miscarriage I'm still having all symptoms of being pregnant and am staying positive till next us.im also preparing for the worst but many people have heard the heartbeats at around seven weeks.
Baves. I would wait for the next ultrasound before you do anything. You never know, maybe there is still that slight chance that a heartbeat will appear.

Mine was a missed miscarriage and I didn't bleed or have cramps. I waited until I knew for sure that it was over. I watched my hcg levels start to drop and no heart beat was ever found. Then I finally went for the DNC. I had a hard time accepting the babies had died. I felt pregnant, and had no signs that anything was wrong.
Doctor said it was safe to wait a few weeks. As long as you don't start to get sick or have a fever.
hang in there. And if you need to chat my personal email is: ***@****
Hey thank you so much I'm so sorry for your loss loosing one was hard enough for me in may but loosing two I can't imagine you are honestly my angel right now called antenatal today to see what they had to say and they have scheduled me an apt on mon to talk about what to do next and to have us done as well as bloods but in some cases hcg levels rise than drop but if they rise again it's a good sign so I'm praying but I'm also prepAring the worst.thank you for your honesty and support.your a true keeper.
By the way no sickness or fever
Hopefully your hcg levels will rise and baby will get a heartbeat. It sure is scary what you are going thru right now. I found that a lot of my friends and coworkers just didn't understand what I was going thru. They just told me to get rid of it, and get over it. I sure hope you are getting  lots of love and support in your life right now. No one knows what this is like, until they go thru this situation themselves. Nothing more frightening than not knowing what is going to happen to baby. Our hopes and dreams are with our babies.
I find even now, I worry that baby's heart might have stopped. But my husband keeps on reassuring me that everything is okay. He bout me a fetal Doppler so we can listen for baby's heart when I get myself worried.
I will be praying for you this weekend, and hoping you get good news on Monday.
I had a miscarriage 2 weeks after no fetal pole had been detected.

I went in for ultrasound, to what should've been my 7th week of pregnancy and dr saw the yolk sac but nothing else. I saw my doctor again, the next week, at 8 weeks.

Again - no fetal pole and only a yolk sac. I was told not to worry, but to come back in another week.

The next week I went in to see Dr was because I was miscarrying. After the Dr confirmed that there was no baby & that I was actively miscarrying, I had a choice to have a D&C, or the abortion pill. I chose the pill since a previous D & C caused serious scar tissue.

After buying the prescription, I went home in what felt like labor pains. The miscarriage lasted 1.5 days and felt  exactly like labor. I have 3 children and can tell you that it felt like labor!

I'm now pregnant again - 7.5 weeks.  I had an ultrasound at almost 6 weeks and there was a heat beat, you could see the baby, yolk sac, everything.

All pregnancies are SO different. I've always, always had the WORST nausea/morning sickness and with this, 4th pregnancy, I'm fine.

I've had three live births (all boys), 2 miscarriages after the 3 live births.

I wish you the best Baves!

I wouldn't have a D & C or any other type of option the Doctors give you to terminate if they believe that your pregnancy is not viable just because of whatever, reason.

This is your body and ultimately, you get to decide in the end. Do what makes you feel comfortable with whatever decision you choose because you are the one that has to live with it.

I would wait it out. Nature has a way of progressing and you're body will let you know when things are not ok.

If I felt fine, I would continue with the pregnancy.  I would thank the Doctors for their opinions but choose to do what made me comfortable.

Best of Wishes Baves

(I'm in The U.S.A.)
Thank you so much cutter and elsavela you two have made me think real positive I won't do anything until I start the bleeding or cramping as right now I don't feel sick or have a fever or bleeding or cramping do I might just wait it out I have an apt to discuss what's goin o tomorrow and u will see what she has to say good luck to the both of you I'll be praying for you two.thanks again
I'm from Australia they believe that because my hcg level is slightly decreasing that I'm loosing it or havin a missed miscarriage I've only had two done since being pregnant they told me that my ges sac is suggesting 6wks abs 1day on oct 5 and that what looks like an embryo is at 5mm.dont know what to think.
I live in Canada.   I was just looking at my ultrasound photo at 7 weeks, but it doesn't sure gestational  sac size, just CRL size. I was hoping we could have compared yours to mine.
I think it is smart to wait and see. Don't be pushed into anything until you are ready.
I waited till I started to not feel well, and my hcg started to drastically fall. At that point I knew it was over.
This pregnancy it was looking iffy at the start, but all seems to be going well now.
My hcg levels weren't rising as fast as they would have liked, and took I think till 7 weeks to start seeing baby. Before that it was just yolk sac.
Thanks I'm mostly worried about the hcg levels and the fact that I've only had two done throughout this ordeal I asked the dr for another one and he told me that there was no point.
My doctor wasn't much on hcg levels either. I have only had 3 done this entire pregnancy. They would rather go by ultrasound results. I think my three levels were all done week 5 and 6 . None since then.
So with the hcg level goin down and no heartbeat than I should be worried right?
Hi went to see ob today she told me to prepare for the worst as its not looking good due to hcg level slightly dropping and not seeing heartbeat but she doesn't want to rule anything out just yet just to hold on so I had another hcg done today which I'm praying that it has gone back up again I know it's wishful thinking but not givin up just yet and u have us on oct 15 and go back to see her again on the 16th asked her why it keeps happening and she could not answer me she told me sometimes mine and my husbands chromosomes don't combine together properly I don't even know whether I want to try for anymore because I'm scared to go through it all over again.
How many losses have you had?
I lost twins last August, then another in December. So I had two in a row. Specialist said there was nothing wrong, just have to get the right egg. I felt like giving up, but I am glad I kept on trying. But if something goes wrong with this one, I think I will stop. I can understand how you feel. It just tears your heart out. I still cry for my lost babies.
I sure hope you get good news at your next ultrasound.  I know that things don't look good right now, but hang in there. Miracles can happen!
Hey sweet thanks for your support I'm so sorry for your losses its just so sad I have had 1niscarry in may this year and this could possibly be me second I will pray for you everyday so you could have a gorgeous and healthy baby. I think that it may be a girl but that's just me.my mind keeps telling me to give up but the funny thing is I don't want to let go.us there a possibility that hcg levels can rise again and stay rising.
We are kinda hoping for a girl. But would be happy with either. All we want is a healthy baby. Thanks for praying for us. It is so nice that we can support each other thru all this. It is so nice to have some one to talk to that knows how I feel. Hugs to you!
Right back at ya see with my first miscarry I had all the symptoms loss of hunger severe migraine and bleeding with this one it's strange cause I feel nothing not even sick or fever.thats why I'm still hoping everything will be ok.hugs to all.cxx
A missed miscarriage is very strange. I always thought that with any miscarriage you have bleeding and cramping. Didn't even know it was possible to have a loss and your body not  even know it. I figured the doctors had to be wrong.. Because I felt fine and still felt pregnant.
With my loss in December it was strange too. I had a blighted ovum. The gestational sac kept on growing and my hcg levels, but no baby, no yolk sac, nothing. I waited till I was about 10 weeks than finally had a DNC. I knew that a baby should have showed up by then.
  My best friend gave birth to her son the morning of my DNC. That was really tough for me. I wanted to be happy for her, but I was so devastated.  But I sucked it up. Once I got released from hospital I went to the maternity ward to see her and baby. Now that was difficult. I sure love her little guy. She has been great sharing him with me. I feel a special bond with him.  
Man that ***** I'm in the same boat as you I could be or have lost my baby and my twin brother and his wife r due to have there's any day now can't help but be jealous but I guess that's life it *****.xxx
How are you feeling today? Still holding in there?
That must be really difficult for you. You want to be happy for your brother, but it hurts.
My husband just reminded me of something. The one thing I did different this pregnancy is I take one baby aspirin a day. And it seems to be working. My friend Roxeanne had 6 miscarriages in a row, then started on baby aspirin and had a healthy baby boy last November.
Maybe you should try baby aspirin. It helps to thin the blood. My fertility specialist is the one that told me to take it.
Hey I'm still feelin like im pregnant I'm feelin a bit doubtful now and haven't had any sleep whatsoever my birthdays on sat and there's nothing to celebrate i am just hoping that god will give me this baby as a present as I don't want anything else.wHat hurts the most is that I haven't spoken to my brother in over a year due to his wife not liking me so I've missed my niece growing up and now my nephew.how are you feelin?i hope everything is going well I pray for you everyday.cxx
Will the baby aspirin help me with this one even though my hcg levels are not right
Not sure if the aspirin will help right now. But it probably wouldn't hurt. Some women have miscarriages because their blood thickens. The baby aspirin helps with this, as well as do other things.
I am hoping you will have your answer soon. It is so hard not knowing which way the pregnancy is going. Atleast if you knew it was a missed miscarriage for sure, than you could start your grieving process. Or if you knew for sure that baby was okay, you could relax. It is awful to be caught in between.
It is difficult when you don't have a good relationship with your family. We haven't spoken to my inlaws in 7 years. We are wanting to tell them about them becoming grandparents, but not sure how to do it.
I am feeling pretty good.
Maybe you should tell them it will definitely bring you all together I'm sure if it. And it will make you both feel a lot better I'm sure your husband wants to know how they are.i feel for you.but just look after yourself the rest will come naturally.xxx
We stopped talking to them years ago because his mom told me she didn't want us having children cause they will turn out retarded. Which really made me angry. My nephew has high functioning autism. And she says since my nephew is retarded, so will be my children.
I told her my nephew is NOT retarded, and even if he was what a horrible thing to say. I love him no matter what.
So I am not really sure if I want her in my life because of her attitude. But it is my husbands mother and father.
But what would happen if my child ends up having down syndrome? I am going to be almost 41 when it is born. Will she deny it because of a disability? I am not sure what to think. But my husband is hurting because of his parents and their behaviour. And I love my husband and want him to be happy.
Gee that's so wrong my husband has partial cerebral palsy and I love him to death no natter what we have a beautiful son so she needs to snap out of it and stop being heartless apologist to the both of you and accept what is goin to be her grandson or granddaughter no matter what happens.at the end if the day you and get son are giving her a great gift and she needs to embrace it as we aren't going to be around forever.tgat makes me angry how people can judge where all human no matter what disability people have.xxx
I agree with you. I have never stopped her from seeing or talking to her son. She is the one that has chose not to apologize and carry this on for 7 years.  I told her I would be polite if she phoned, I just won't make her coffee, lunch or entertain her.  
I don't understand how people can be so cruel about people with disabilities.
Maybe she doesn't understand how a person with a disability feels and if she were in that situation than I'm sure she wouldn't be judging.i don't think she deserves hospitality right now she hasn't earned it and to disown your own son was she born with a heart?
I know what you mean. I just don't get it. Makes me wonder what is wrong with her, to be that way.  I just don't get it. I have such a loving, accepting mom. Guess I am very lucky!
Hey don't worry about it just worry about your baby and your husband right now don't stress over it.sometimes it will sort itself out.i feel like I need to be on own I feel like I know I've lost it I'm just kidding myself. I really want another child so much that I don't know what to do anymore and I feel like I'm drifting away from my husband cause of it.
Hi I haven't been able to sleep for days I've even cried myself to sleep.im physically and mentally tired.i don't know if I can keep goin like this Till mon.please help me
Baves, I know this is such a difficult time for you right now.  You are in an awful situation. It is understandable the feelings you are going thru right now.  I remember crying all the time. I cried for days on end. My poor eyes were swollen and puffy. Maybe you just need to cry and let your feelings out.  Try not to pull away from your husband. I am sure he s grieving in hs own way as well. I found I was kinda angry with my husband at first, because he didn't seem as hurt as i was. He later told me he was trying to hold himself together to be strong for me.
You know in your heart what is best for you.  Is there any way that thy can give you another ultrasound sooner, so you can decide what you need to do? Or does it need another week for changes to possibly occur? How about another blood test? If your hcg drops again, then you would know it was a loss. That is what finally helped me accept the loss, was the fast dropping hcg levels.
Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind me butting in....
I'm trying to get pregnant, I'm 43 at the end of this month so may have missed the bus but time will tell. I lost my 1st baby boy at 29wks gestation, my 2nd baby has DS, (she is 4 and a the light of my life). I also took low dose aspirin throughout my 2nd pregnancy as it helps with the placenta attaching to the uterus wall. The key times for this I was told are 6 and 12 wks, so it's worth starting them, it may just help
Also....with comments like that, you're probably better off keeping your relatives at arms length! Appalling how some people are so ignorant as to dare to thing their views are valid in this day of age.. They must live in a parallel world to the rest of us LOL
Wales12 I am sorry about your loss of you son. That must have been so tough so far into your pregnancy. So glad that your daughter gives you so much joy :)
I sure hope you have success on getting pregnant.  Some people make it look so easy getting pregnant. Why is it so hard for some of us?
Yah, I really don't get my motherinlaw. Makes me wonder what her problem is? Is she really that igonorant!  I just don't know. But I hate how it hurts my husband. Even though they are not compassionate people they are his parents.  My dad died 10 months ago and all we have is my mom. It sure would be nice if his parents grew up and stepped up to the plate, because I would love for our child to have a grandfather. But if they are going to have that kinda attitude, then the child is better off not knowing them.
Hi I'm do sorry for your loss wales but also happy for you that you have a ray of light in your life your daughter thanks for the advice.hey cutter thank you do much for caring but I just feel numb Im beginning not to care and all I want is to be on my own I know it selfish but in feeling like I'm loosing the baby.
Baves. I can understand that. It is a very hard time you are going thru right now. Take care of yourself. I am there for you if you want to talk.
Everything seems to be falling apart I'm pushing those people who want to help cause I feel like they don't understand and Im feeling numb inside with my husband. I just want it to end.
Hi baves, how are you holding up? I have been thinking of you and finally managed to log back into this site to find out how things are going! I hope you get answers real soon, I hate living in limbo too, not knowing what's going on. Please let us know as soon as you find out what's going on :)
Hey how are you have final us on mon to find out if it's progressing or to do a dnc.its getting hated to cope
Baves. I have been thinking about you today. I sure hope you were able to get some sleep.  You really need to do what you can to look after yourself.

You are having normal feelings right now. Don't be so hard on yourself. you are right most people don't know what you are going thru, or what you are feeling. Until someone has been thru a similar situation, they have no idea. Even then everyone copes differently. There is no right or wrong way to feel right now.
Hi still haven't been able to sleep my body and mind is exhausted.i know it's the end as I can sense it but I don't want to believe it.my badly this sat and my sons on the 22 and I just don't feel like celebrating but my husbands upset and keeps telling me that it's over and to move on I can't help but be angry with him.he feels that I'm blaming him for wars happening and I'm not.i just want him to be a bit more sympathetic to my feelings.xxx
Hey I think I'm feelin symptoms of loss like I have bad inde gestion which is making me want to throw up I'm not having any cravings and nor am I eating as much as I was and I'm sometimes I'm getting stabbing  signs in my left side.and yet I can't sleep.how to I relax myself it's getting frustrating.
my last menstrual period was July 27. I'm 11 weeks 2 days, due in April. I'm sure everything is fine! did anything else come about since your last post?
Hi nothing so far waiting till mon us to find out the verdict but I've prepared myself for the worst because if I get happy I'm scared I'm going to fall.but congratulations on your pregnancy wishing you all the best.
Hey cutter how you?tidays my badly even though it's been rough I've had a lot of good things happen today my hubby bought me a ring and a lovely card that made me cry I know his hurting to but I wish I could give him another child and I pray every day for god to allow me to do that. And I hope he does.xxxt. Thank you for your support.
Also is it normal to feel some butterflies in your stomach I've been experiencing it for the past few days I don't know what it is but I also haven't been feeling as hungry as I have been should I be concerned.
Sounds like a bit of anxiety maybe? Two days to go, and hopefully you get some answers :) that was a lovely gesture from your hubby too :)
Thanks thirdtimemum. It probably is anxiety and yeah my husbands been really nice I love him for that.
Good luck with your appointment on Monday.  I was told this past Friday that my babies did not developed.  We saw 2 empty sacs on ultrasound and will most likely miscarry.  I have my follow up appt on Tuesday.  I understand what you are going thru.  *Big Hug*
That was so sweet what your husband did for you Baves! I sure hope you are able to have a good birthday. I know you don't feel like celebrating it.
I am still praying for you and baby. Please let me know how it goes on Monday.
Bao bao so sorry to hear your news. I had a blighted ovum in December, so I can understand what you are going thru. Hugs to you!
When did you start taking a baby aspirin a day for this pregnancy?  Also do you happen to have cold hands and feet before you took the aspirin?
Doctor got me to start taking baby aspirin even before getting pregnant. I have been taking prenatal, folic acid for months as well. I have always had cold hands and feet so I don't know if it makes a difference or not. I have a thyroid problem and I am always cold.
Hi so sorry to hear about your loss bao bao but I wish you all the best.abd cutter will let you know tomorrow.still praying that it's good news.
Just to give you piece of mind going from my last menstrual cycle at my first ob app. i should have been almost 10 weeks but was actualy only six! so especially if you just came off b.c. or lost significant weight (anything that can cause sporadic ovulation ) i really wouldn't worry because your last cycle isn't that great of a way to calculate gestation because so many things can throw off ovulation
All the best today baves, I am praying for you and hope everything turns out ok. I hope you get some answers today :)  please let us know how you go.
Thank you thirdtimemum will let u know.
Baves. I pray that your ultrasound went well today.....
Hi to you all.just came back from me us this morning the lady calculated me at 6wks and 1. Day finally saw the baby but no heartbeat yet she told me that it's progressing slowly and that it was better than the last us I had.which sounds a bit positive but yet I'm still worried about wat my hcg level will be when the ob tells me tomorrow.and that she still can't hear the heartbeat I'm hoping and praying that the hcg has doubled.
Well Im glad that things are looking up after all, wow, you must've been right off on your dates! Hope you can relax a lot more now, and I truly hope your hcg has doubled :)
I just read some earlier posts, and noticed you said your last period was July 28, which is a little concerning as you should be going into your 11th week.
Baves, it is good that they saw baby. Hopefully it was just too soon to see heartbeat. I sure hope your hcg levels go up. What do they suggest now? Another ultrasound in a week?
Yeah that's what the lady suggested but I see my ob tomorrow to find out whats next I hope it's all good.
Hopefully your obgyn will give you some hope :)  have you already had your blood test and just waiting for results!
Waiting for results for bloodiest still stressing though she told me also that I may have ovulated a bit latter than expected.
Hi I'm really confused now I did a pregnancy test on my own in aug 29 so I don't know whether I had my period in August or not or whether it was July.if its aug than it makes sense that I'm only 6wjs I'm so confused now.i don't know what to tell ob so does that mean that my hcg levels could change because of it.help
Just tell her you are confused and unsure of last period, etc.... They will figure it out.  It is easy to forget that kind of stuff if you don't write it own.
Hi you all just wanted to thank you all for your love and support.found out today that it is a missed miscarriage and scheduled for a dnc tomorrow yes I'm very decestated I don't know why it keeps happening?
Baves. I am so sorry to hear your news. I was so hoping that everything would turn out okay.
I will be thinking of you tommorrow. Sending my love!
I am so sorry to hear that, when I read your post saying your last period could've been August I thought maybe that was the mix up. Wishing you all the best in the future for you and your family ((((hugs)))))
Thank you to you both.its been a really difficult couple of weeks and I don't know what I would of done. Without you two.you will always have a special spot in my heart and I now classify you to as my family.i hope everything works out for you to keep me posted my heart goes out to the both of you.i will keep trying till I succeed but hopefully next year.you were right cutter the ob told me next time I want to conceive to start on baby aspirin.xxx
Baves, just want to hear how you are doing?  I have benn thinking about you all day. I am so sad for your loss.
Once you are given the okay to try again, I would start on the baby aspirin right away. I swear that is what is keeping my baby growing.
Hugs to you!
Hi cutter doing as well as expected still have severe pain after dnc.hope all is well with you and yeah I will deffinetly try the baby aspirin when I want to fall pregnant again.do you take it throughout your whole pregnancy and do you take Elevut or any other supplement with it.hugs to you to.
I am to continue taking the baby aspirin until we get closer to the delivery date. Aspirin can cause you to bleed more. So I will continue to take them until they tell me to stop. I also take prenatal vitamins, folic acid.
Take it easy this week, try to get some rest. Have they given you something to take for the pain?
Yeah Paracetamol not that's it's helping rest not for me have to look after my son cause hubby doesn't have patience.
Yes, women tend to be more patient then men :) glad to hear that gave you something for pain.
Yeah I just don't know if I'm ever going to be ready to have a child again.im so happy for you guys and I can't wait for you to tell me what it is.when you havin the baby?
Give yourself some time. It is so hard to think about trying again when you have just had a loss. You need some time to heal.
Thanks cutter.wish you well so do I need to take baby aspirin as soon as I know that we want to try again.
Yes.  Start taking one baby aspirin a day when you decide you want to start trying. Also take your prenatal and folic acid.
If you do decide that you want to start trying soon. I would wait a few weeks, so you havea chance to heal from your surgery. Cause aspirin makes you bleed more easily.
Thanks won't be trying till next year some time but thank you do much for your advice you have been a god send.xx
Whenever you need me I am there :)
Hey just wanted to know is the baby aspirin a suppositories or liquid . Sorry for bothering you. Thank you do much
It is a pill 81 mg.  
I don't know why it is called baby aspirin, since babies can't take it. Aspirin can cause an illness in children, Reye syndrome. I guess they call it baby aspirin because it is a low dose aspirin. Lots of people with heart problems take them.
So it doesn't harm you in anyway?do I tell my doctor when I want to take it?
Hey cutter.tomorrows my son 2nd birthday and even though I'm so excited for him and love him to death I just can't get into the party mood.is that mean of me?my mother in law has organized everything and I just don't feel up to it.she keeps telling me to try and forget and to move on but how?ive become distant from my husband and do has he?we just don't communicate anymore and it feels like he doesn't want to be around me.im hurting so much inside that I can't even cry anymore.is it ok to still feel cramping after dnc even though it's almost been a week.should I see doctor?
As long as you don't have a bleeding disorder, the aspirin should be fine. It thins your blood a bit. So I find if I cut myself r get a bruise, it bleeds more. You can always talk to your doctor about it if you are unsure.
Baves, what you are feeling right now is completely normal.  That is how I felt. I cramped for several weeks after and had bleeding.
As for your feelings, I went thru that to. But don't worry, it does get better in time.  My last miscarriage was Dec.14th and I did not want to celebrate Christmas, but had to for the sake of everyone else. I just went thru the motions. I survived it, but did not enjoy it. My heart was broken and I was suffering. It took me months and months to emotionally heal.  Your family and friends just need to give you some time, you need to mourn your loss in your own way.
Men and women grieve differently. I am sure your husband is grieving as well, he is just trying to be strong, and sucking it up, and trying to move on. My husband did that and it made me angry at first. I thought he didn't care.
I just wanted to lie in bed all day and cry, or I just felt numb and lost inside and hated anyone that was pregnant and happy.
You are having big adjustments in hormones right now as well, and that can be a yo-yo ride of emotions.
Just give yourself time, and talk about your feeling and thoughts with people to can understand and not judge. You will eventually be whole again. Hang in there!
I had a miscarriage earlier this year. I was 9 weeks along and when I had my sonogram, there wasn't a fetal pole. I had to have a d and c done a week later. I hope you can get another ultrasound done and see a little heartbeat:)
Hi thanks to the both of you.im sorry for your loss
L
Lilsalva.its hard but I hope you find happiness again.i know I need time to heal but I feel like I'm losing my husband we don't communicate like we use to my sons badly was very good he enjoyed himself that's all that matters.
Baves... How are you doing? Just thinking of you and wanting to make sure that you are doing okay.
Hey cutter.some days I'm ok some days I just want to give up.i desperately want a child.booked myself in with a private ob to find out why I'm havin recurrent mc on dec 10th just to ease my mind.how r u doin?hope all is well?is it normal to skip your period after a dnc as I have crampings and I bleed for one day but it doesn't seem like a period.should I be worried,
Baves, it took me about 6-7 weeks after my DNC before I got a real period. It sounds like everything is normal what you are going thru.
Everything seems to be going well with me. I am going to the hospital in a couple of hours for my detailed ultrasound and see if baby is girl or boy. I will update you later. I am so nervous. I still worry that something is going to happen to baby. I guess when we have had reoccurring miscarriages it is normal to worry, but I sure wish I could put my mind at ease and stop worrying.
Hi. I just read this entire thread & wanted to say how sorry I am. I too had a miscarriage, my 2nd pregnancy, @ 12 weeks. It was a blighted ovum where the sac & placenta continued to grow and hcg levels to rise. Fortunately I did not have to have a dnc,  it was able to pass on its own. As someone else had stated, it was like full blown labor! Possibly because my placenta continued to grow & was very large. I thought I had passed a kidney! It was the most devestating thing I have ever been through!
Afterwards, I was so desperate to be pregnant again, it was all I could think of! I spent hours online researching miscarriage & ways to prevent, etc. Anything to give me hope. One thing I found was that the majority of miscarriages are due to neurological deficiencies but this can easily be corrected by taking daily doses of folic acid & eating foods high in folic acid such as dark green vegetables.
Many times, chronic miscarriages are due to something going wrong once the pregnancy is established. For instance, blood clogging in the umbilical cord & cutting off nutrients to the baby. That is where the baby aspirin helps. Another reason could be rheumatoid arthritis in the mother. The mothers immune system fails to recognize the baby & thinking it is a foreign body, will attack & destroy it. This however is easy to diagnose through blood tests (a rheumatoid titer, ask your Dr for this) & is treated with medication to suppress it.
Your issue may not have anything to do with any of these, but it is something to think about. Taking the baby aspirin (also called "low-dose aspirin") & folic acid are easy enough to do, as well as getting a blood test from your Dr. If for nothing else than to just rule it out.
I wish you all the best & good luck!
P.S. Go easy on your husband. Remember, he lost a baby too & men don't always know how to handle it.
Sorry, stupid spell check! Its supposed to be *blood clotting*.
We went for the ultrasound today and the baby was squirming quite a bit and it took over an hour for it to reveal its gender. We are having a boy :) everything looked normal, and on schedule he was showing 19 weeks, and that is exactly what he should be.
I hope you come back with an update. I really feel for you. I don't think I would have had d ands c if I hadn't had all the signs of miscarriage.
Hi thanks to you all.hey cutter I'm so excited and happy for you both a boy wow and don't worry everything will be fine.im goin through so much at this moment I just don't want to be in this house and I regret that I married him Im even resenting his parents.we live them so I don't have time to myself and if I'm quiet she thinks it's about her.shes selfish I feel like leaving or doin something stupid at times.they just don't get it.she keeps telling me in stupid and to move on.i don't know what to do.im in my room with my son right now cause that's the only place I get to be on my own.
It sounds like you aren't in the best of situations. I am so sorry you are having such a tough time.  
How long have you and your husband been together?
It must be tough living with your inlaws. Have you thought of maybe getting your husband to move you all out of his parents place and get a place of your own?  Or maybe you really need to re-evaluate your relationship and decide if you love him enough to stay and if he loves you enough to work this out.
Hey cutter doin ok today.bern with my husband for five years I reAlly do love him and I know he loves me but I tell at him all the time for no reason and get upset cause he doesn't spend enough time with our son.as for moving out he would b
Never leave his mum cause she was abused pretty badly by her husband when she was young he saw everything and at times experienced it himself do his very protective if her.she comes first.so that's out of the question.would love for you to send me your address so I could get you something for when the baby is born.
I am going to send you a friend request :) Then we can talk privately. That is sweet that you want to send baby something, but you don't need to do that. That is very sweet though :)
It sounds like you do both love each other and maybe you just need some time to works some things out and make things better.  it sounds like it would be worth it.  Maybe you are the one that will need to start to make a few changes in order for things to start getting better. Have you tried to figure out why he makes you angry? Why you yell at him? What needs to change to not make you angry at him?
What do you want him to do to spend more time with your son? Maybe he needs to be given some ideas or suggestions, if he didn't have a good upbringing and a positive male role model in his life, then maybe he really doesn't know what a dad needs to do.
Hi I had my second dnc done in oct how long do you think I should wait till I start to think about havin another one.as I started really early after my first dnc which was two months after.i feel now that maybe I did not give my body a chance to heal.
I would give it a few months. I know it s hard to wait.  I tried to get pregnant a month after first DNC and ended up with a second miscarriage. Then I waited longer second time, (3 months) but it took 7 to get pregnant. I have to take the right dose of Clomid to get pregnant. My RE wanted to try me on a lower dose, and 4 months went by, and nothing. As soon as he put me back on the higher dose I was pregnant that month.
During te waiting time I started taking a health food supplement called Maca, Royal Jelly, co-q10.   And I really believed it helped my egg quality improve. I really believe egg quality was my problem.
Hey cutter how you going?i really want to try for another one in April next year but do you think it's too soon.we are getting there slowly we do love each other alot.your a great friend.have a ob apt in dec to find out why this happening will keep u posted.take care of yourself and the little princess you have inside you.xxx
Baves. I think April would be a perfect time to try again. That gives you around 7 months of healing before you try again. Just make sure you take your folic acid, and prenatal vitamins. And talk to ob about adding any aspirin, and then hopefully you will get pregnant and ave a healthy pregnancy :)
I am glad to hear that you and your hubby are trying to work things out. This sort of thing can make or break a marriage sometimes.
We have decided to name our son. Obgyn thought it was a good idea to help us be closer to him, consider how nervous I am of losing him, because of my other losses. We have named him Hunter Ryan Jones. It is kinda neat talking to my tummy and calling him by name. I will keep you updated on his progress.
I am happy to have met you and made friends with you too!
Hey cutter that's the most beautiful name ever.his a fighter do hunter is perfect I'm so do happy for you.i haven't been feelin great lately I've been constantly tired and have stabbing pains In my stomach as well as migraines and reflux I may need to book an apt with my doctor to find out what's goin on it could just be stress.i have also decided to return to work just because I need time to myself and it maybe just what I need to try and get my mind off things.taje care.
It probably is from stress what you are feeling. Good idea about going o the doctor.  He might have something that could ease your discomfort.  Going back to work and keeping busy might be just what you need. What do you do for work?
Hey cutter.i use to work as a retail manager but don't know what to get into now as I'm wanting a change.how do I get to friend request to talk to you.cutter why do I want a baby so bad I can't seem to get it out of my head.how do I move on and try to wait for another.
On the top of the page on the right hand side s te inbox.mcluck on that. It should show friend request there. Or click on my name and choose friend request.
What sort of work do you think you would like to do?
I know wat you mean about wanting a baby so bad...... I truthfully was feeling very sad and depressed until I got pregnant again. Having a baby was all I could think of.  All you can do is try to live day to day and get thru it. Hopefully you will be successful soon and get your baby.
Thanks cutter I will go into inbox now I'm really looking for a work at home job.
Hey cutter how r u?how is your pregnancy goin,got my first period after the dnc is it normal to have it for only four days and feel cramping.ive been feelin a bit frustrated and anxious due to me wanting a baby so bad my husband refuses to talk about it and I wonder if I will ever have a second chance.losing two was hard and I blame myself for it everyday I feel like my life will not be full until I have another baby and give my son a sister or a brother.i know it sounds selfish but I don't think I will be fully happy until I fall pregnant.
Yes, it is normal. Same thing happened to me.  It is just your body readjusting. It is nice to hear from you, I have been thinking f you and wodnering how you were doing.
I am doing good. I am 24 weeks on Monday. Things seem to be progressing like normal. I have been starting to get Braxton hick contractions. Sure hope he doesn't decide to try and come into the world too early.
Hang in there Baves, when the time is right, hopefully you will get the right egg fertilized and carry on to have your baby :)
Thanks sweet I'm glad everything is workin out for you and don't stress everything will be ok.i just want one so bad that that's all I think about these days but it's in gods hands to give me another one.
That's right :)
I just was wondering how you are doing? I had my d & c Oct 8th. I still think about my baby angel. I blame myself for my baby's loss. I did a lot of things I should not have like being around chemicals and such. Good luck when you try again and keep us updated.
You can't blame yourself for your loss. I was around chemicals with my first pregnancy with the twins, and I don't blame myself. I was still embalming and working with formaldehyde.  We live and learn. This time I am taking extra precautions and I am staying away from chemicals, just in case.
I know it wasn't the chemicals,, it was probably a chromosome problem.
TWO YOLK SAC ONE SMALLER THAN THE OTHER