Pregnancy 35+ Community
No morning sickness - is this normal?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

No morning sickness - is this normal?

I am six weeks pregnant and am a bit concerned because I don't seem to have any morning sickness or major discomfort associated with pregnancy. I haven't thrown up once though I do get some nausea at times which passes very quickly and feel somewhat tired around late afternoon and evening. Other than that I don't even feel pregnant. Is this normal? This is my first pregnancy at 38 and with all the risks the doctor warned me about I keep worrying something is wrong. does anybody have similar experience? Or is it still too early to expect any such symptoms?
I'm the same age and having my first pregnancy too!

I don't envy that afternoon tiredness.. I remember it well! It's a very normal pregnancy symptom and will continue for a little while yet.

Some lucky mums-to-be don't get morning sickness at all, some get it part of the day, some have it all pregnancy... you may be one of the lucky ones! I had nothing except slight nausea until 10 weeks and then it hit me like a freight train until 22 weeks! There's no right or wrong on this one!

They love scaring us over 35 mums with everything that can go wrong, but even though we are more "likely" to have problems, those problem pregnancies are still in the minority of cases.

I say - rather hypocritically - try not to over-analyse every little symptom, there's no script for them (good or bad) and no two of us have the same symptoms in the same way. The only symptom you should be looking is the increasing HcG on your Beta Tests!

Congrats on your BFP!

Hi, I had my first baby at 39 and didn't start to experience morning sickness until I was about 7 weeks.  I didn't really start having any other pregnancy symptoms til probably around 10 weeks (eg tiredness etc).  I think what you're experiencing (or not!) is completely normal.  Congratulations on your pregnancy!  
You should not complain as you have it all nice!!!

Morning sickness is not something that all pregnant women get and if i had a choice i wish i never had any morning sickness!!

congrats on your little one and have fun with the pregnancy!
I never had morning sickness when I was pregnant with my son, except for very slight nausea which would pass immediately if I chewed on some gum. I didn't have anything that made me feel pregnant until I started showing and I started having taste aversions to fast food and junk food and both of these were second trimester. If you are lucky, you will continue to not have morning sickness. Congratulations and I hope you have a very smooth and easy pregnancy.
In my own experience, I had no morning sickness with my 1st two and horrible morning sickness with my last two! :)
I never had morning sickness, or any sickness and never really felt any more tired than normal, til towards the end when my lack of sleep wore me down.......  

Congratulations :)
J
Hello -

I am 38 + weeks pregnant - first pregnancy at 43 years old.

Did not experience any morning sickness - only some food aversions.

No complications, blood pressure and glucose are normal.  Am looking forward to meeting this guy soon.

I know it is hard, but try to enjoy every moment and not over analyze everything.
I don't have any morning sickness as well. I'm 11 weeks and I don't feel pregnant at all. I just have tender breast, and I feel tired of course.
I had the same (no morning sickness) with my first pregnancy.
Sometimes I wonder too if everything is ok, but not everybody had the same symptoms.
I never felt any morning sickness until my tenth week of pregnancy...then the floodgates of nausea were opened.
I'm having twins and remember thinking this is easy, then the nausea, heartburn, constipation and weight gain started.
I am 22 weeks pregnant, and still get nauseaous...you should read my journals it clarifies everything.
Enjoy the calm feeling, it does not always last.

Hi, I am 22 weeks now and I have no symptoms at all ( he just kick me ..lol) so don't worry, You are on the luckly list...enjoy it!
Other than weight gain,  I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms at all until around 20 weeks when I had a brief bout with really horrible acid reflux.
I did not experience morning sickness of throw up once when I was pregnant with Jazmine.  Everyone, and every pregnancy is different.  Unless you are cramping and bleeding then there is no cause for concern.
I did not have morning sickness with my 2nd baby, only felt nauseated when I gave birth, think it was more due to shock! lol
You lucky enjoy it!
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences and putting my mind at ease. You ladies are awesome :) I love this forum. I hope I will continue to be lucky and be spared the morning sickness... But if not, I guess I will have to accept it as part of this experience. I can't wait for my first trimester to be over and all the tests to come out ok so that I know I am having a healthy baby and enjoy my pregnancy. I was thrilled to find out I was pregnant but came away from the doctor quite deflated after he told me all the stats involving things that can go wrong with a 35 plus Mom. Can't wait to put all the worries behind me. Congratulations all you Moms and Mom's to be and good luck to all of you.
That is a shame that your doctor was so negative. I am glad my doctor was very encouraging when I told her that I am ttc. Don't let the statistics stress you out. The odds of some complications might go up as we get older, but the odds are still in your favor and you are still more likely than not to have a healthy baby.