Pregnancy 35+ Community
Odds of Pregnancy at Age 47?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Viewing 401-460 comments:
Try cyprus IVF.  They have a 70% success rate. My wife is now 48 and our baby is now 6 months old.   Sorry to hear it did not work. Stay positive.
Thank you and congratulations for your baby!!  I know that due to my age I should not wait,but I want to take a few months of rest. This has left me devastated. I will check cypress ivf. Is that their website? If you need to give me more information I can give you my email address.Please just let me know.

Thanks again and congratulations!!
Did you have your baby? I am 51 and 4 weeks pregnant too :)
So sorry to hear about your IVF.  I really feel for you.  Did you have this done in India? Did they freeze any embryoes? Not sure what meds you were on post IVF and was it a 3 day transfer or 5 day transfer? I know this is very expensive and it has cost us a fortune too.  We have 11 embryos frozen as backup.  The process of transferring the thawed embryos is MUCH cheaper. The big expense is the harvesting and medications.  What are your plans? I know this is a very difficult time and even though I have a positive pregnancy now I am still worried.  I go for my beta (bloodwork) in 3 days.  Then my ultrasound in a couple of weeks if all goes well.  I will keep you posted.  Take care and don't give up. We didn't xoxo

C
Hi agian babynow2012 I read your post again and noticed the embryoes were 6 x 2 day embryos.  Just wondered where you went for the IVF what clinic?
I am 45.5 and I am still trying to get pregnant. But I went to fertility clinic and the doctor told me that I have old eggs and the possibility is about 1% to get pregnant. And in year 2011 there were zero babies born to 46 year age. So I don't have a lot of hopes, but trying.
So happy to hear your good news!! I went to a clinic located in Gujarat India.the doctor is a female and well known. I trust her expertise as she does a lot of IVF's. Just met a woman there getting same thing as me,and she got pregnant.I guess just bad luck. But no there were eight extracted embryos,from those only six became fertilized. At two days,four of them were four cells,one three cells,and one two cells. Other ladies getting transfers too told me that their embryos at two days had more cells,so I don't know if that had to do anything with the fail transfer. Yes even if this process is in India it becomes expensive because the flight,procedure,hotel,and everything else.The doctor has sent me a message to repeat it again,but I want to give myself a break not only to save some money but i do not have time as I have to take time off from work.
Best wishes to you.Think positive and I am sure things will be fine with your pregnancy!! Best wishes to you and your husband!!
I am 46, five years ago my only natural born son had an accident and was in a coma for two weeks when he was pronounced brain dead at age 23. He was my only child (I have 3 stepdaughters) so I was devastated.  His accident was Jan 12.

One of his female friends who claimed he was the father went into labor and had a little boy Jan 13.  She was not sure if he was the father, but he was aware of the possibility he even had a copy of the sonogram. When my grandson was born I left my sons side to go to the maternity ward to see him, at the time I believed my son would recover and handle the whole situation. When he died my grandson wasn't my first concern I was too depressed to reach out until she called trying to find a way of getting the DNA test. The county coroner took forever to get the DNA sample to DNA diagnostic center.  In the meantime I found out I had breast cancer.

I had been on depo-provera for years and had to stop my injections, I had a lumpectomy and radiation.  After my treatment was over I was rushed to the hospital, bleeding heavily, but thinking I was having kidney stones.  I was told it was an eptopic pregnancy.  I was heartbroken but relieved due to all that radiation no telling what could have been wrong.  

When my grandson turned 3 I knew something was wrong he would spend every weekend with me and we shared holidays and took him on vacation every since he was 2 mos old.  He started crying not to go home and then she started stripping (I didn't judge, just this was no upper class strip joint).  Children services contacted me while he just so happen to be with me she was in psych ward suicidal/homicidal and to my total surprise she was heroin addict.  I got full custody of him and he is a joy.

Now, I thought I was having pre-menopausal symptoms, but come to find out I am pregnant.  My grandson is 5 and now having a newborn at 46 or I will be 47 when this baby is born, I am so confused.  I am pro-choice, I would not be able to terminate a pregnancy unless the test come back abnormal.  Still I am so scared a grandson and a child.  Worst part is my husbands girls are now all 18 and over, so I am not feeling any support from him.  His only comment was he feels our grandson would suffer neglect because I would give more attention to the baby.  I know this would never happen.  I love my grandson unconditionally.  Help, Advice, Support, Someone?????
I am sorry for all you have lost in the past. Look at this child as a blessing and a miracle. Don't be afraid,trust in God!! Best wishes!!
Hello !!
     I am 47 myself and had my first IVF done in Spain(i live in italy)...2 class A of 2 days old were implanted...we've been trying for a couple of years now with Clomid etc. and 8 naturally...I am six months prego!!...as soon as it's possible we will return to have our second child...don't give up continue with the IVF...be calm and serene...and continue to fight for ur dream...
You have been through so much . Losing your only son . To lose a child is the worse thing a parent can go through  ,I lost my first child Sophie when she was just 5 months due to heart problems  Having custody of your grandson is such a blessing. On your dilemma I think your husband is being a little selfish . He is trying to put it to you that your grandson will be left out but that is rubbish. If you give him lots of love and attention he will never feel left out. Maybe your husband would like your attention now his own girls are growing up it is a little bit daunting going back to looking after a baby. But i think if you lucky enough to carry this pregnancy through he will feel different holding the baby in his arms. Good luck and best wishes  
Shocker46; miscitalia

I am happy for you ladies!
I am 45 an had my first @ 44. I want to have another but afraid i can not with ny own egg. It is wonderful you both are pregnant at this age. It gives me hope.

Shocker46 - your hubby is nervous since his responsibility will not be over. I cant imagine he would not embrace this child as it seems this will be the only one you have together. I pray all goes well and i am sorry for your loss.

Miscitalia - please let me know the clinic you went and cost treatment there. I want to know in the event i do IvF again. I will be 46 by the time i can try again. Did you have a lot of follicles? How was your FSH level.

Baby dust!
thanks for your kind words. i am happy to hear you got pregnant. if you don't mind could i have the name of the clinic you went in spain? i live near spain and this would be a possibility for me if i can instead of going very far like india.if you need to give me this in private,i'll give you my email.thank you and best wishes with your pregnancy
I understand.  I am 46, single, and long for a baby, too.  We do not, however, have a "right" to a child.  You have an obligation, though, not to be selfish.  Every child has a mother and a father - that's a biological fact.  To deprive a child of his or her father is wrong.  There is a UN Treaty on the Rights of the Child.  The US is a signatory.  It says every child has a RIGHT to a relationship with his/her parents - both of them.

You can do a great deal of good helping other children, or you can still marry and have your own or adopt.  Having one on your own to fulfill your desires is truly tempting, but a selfish disregard of the child's rights.

Although you have a right to your opinion, you should not get on here to thread where people are looking for support and state such negatibe things. The fact that an adult single woman can not successfully raise a child is archaic. How many fathers die in war or some other way. If you look at history, women have raised children wothput fatjers FOREVER. Even if married, because men have always died in war or dangerous jobs or have worked abroad etc...Just because you dont have the strength to have a child as a single parent by choice, dont judge others here. Even if a child had two parents no one knows if one would die in some way- so what you are saying is conservative rhetoric and you need to evaluate it deeply. Many two parent homes send very maladjusted children into this world!!
dont be sad there is a reason why you did not have that child, something nice will happen to you and you will be happy then.  keep smiling.
what an amazing thread... God is awesome!! Im 46 and am 5 days late. I took a HPT it was negative I took it in the evening though. I am in tears and in denial about being pre menio. Dnt want to be there and I refuse to go until i have this one last baby. I think I may have over did it a bit. I took all kinds of herbs! Maybe my body doenst know what to do now! I confused it HELLLLLP
I am 46 and i just got married to a 32 year man and he has no kids, I have 3 daughters ages 26, 24, and 16. I had my left fallopian tube removed about 9 years ago because of an etopic pregnancy back then i didnt think i would want to have anymore kids so i had the my right tube tied with fallope rings. Call me crazy but i want to have another child with my husband and i know that it will be risky but it is something i really want to do. I am in good health workout 5 times a week at the gym, very active.  Please tell me a solution
i am 50 with irregular periods that come and dissapear. I am ovulating but with no periods now for 3 years. My ovulation is very painfool everymonth and i use ovulation kits to confrim that it happens every month. I will use prayer and not psychologically think to much about it . Soon I will concieve (conceive). I prophesize concption onto myself. Any ideas on whatto eat and supplements to increase cervical musus
Try Cyprusivf. It worked for us.
Having a child with Ds. You lost out on a beautiful gift from God. The wrapping was different, that's all. Sorry that you didn't except the gift. Our son with Ds is the light of our family.
Where did you get your stats? I had a baby last year at age 46.
I agree Tracey..I had my 3rd at age 44 and a half conceived naturally too..I went thru a number  unsucessful rounds of IVF at 40 where I was told that my egg "age" was that of a 32 year old ..I found that despite having a retroverted uterus no care factor was taken during implantation ie unguided and sadly no pregnancy eventuated ,We gave up and 3 years later I conceived naturally,Ive since had 1 pregnancy which I sadly lost at 9 weeks,Now I am 2 weeks late,2 tests were positive one was unreadable..I would love 1 more ..so I have been sitting here praying when I found this thread.Bless you all and it is defnetely possible ...I really believe that <3
Try reading the book "Fertility, Cycles, and Nutrition" by Marilyn Shannon. She has a wealth of advice to offer women who want to conceive naturally.
Yeah, it was violently traumatic for your unborn baby.
Hi M, I am 47 yrs old,living in NYC, i have been trying to have a baby for 3 yrs.Is it really possible to be pregnant with your own eggs???at yr age.Would you beable to email me?I got pregnant at 45,miscarried at 7 weeks,had another chemical pregnancy using clomid/iui.One failed ivf so far and about 13 iui's with meds. Considering donor eggs but i feel Very discouraged at this point.Very expensive attempts since i have to pay out of pocket for EVERYTHING.All advice is appreciated.
I know that it is a bit late in the year to offer a response, but i was so touched by you message.  I hope that you receive your hearts desire.  If it is God's will for you to conceive carry and deliver your own child it shall be so.  I am a 46 year old woman with the same desire the fruit of the womb, though i already have two children 22 and 18 years old.  My husband and i so desire another child our last! I am trusting God for our desire.  I was caught up in guilt especially for those women who have no children as yet, however, now i believe i am a blessed child of God and  i believe in God's blessings for all of His children.  Be blessed also my sista!
I had regular periods until age 58. At age 54, I thought I was going through menopause because my periods stopped. My breasts were very tender. Then 2 months later I started bleeding profusely with severe cramping and pain. I went to ER. We were shocked to learn I was miscarrying. I had conceived naturally at age 54. My OB-GYN doctor was amazed. Sad ending to a surprising story, but it definitely is possible to conceive after 50.
I was just wondering how you're pregnants was going? I hope you are doing good.
We had our baby last year.  He's now 8 months old. We are now going to try for another one.  Mother is 48 now.
Hi, saw your posting.  I am 47 and have run up against brick walls with fertility doctors given my age. I can get pregnant, and all my preliminary ferility tests are a go for getting pregnant.  It looks like you found someone willing to help you at 46, and was wondering who that doctor or clinic might be.
I also hope the rest of your story bore the results you so desire.
Try ukcfa or Cyprus  ivf
Thank you so much for this encouragement. Yes I will continue to have faith. I am 47years old. At the age of 46, the gynaecologist told me that I am too old to have children and that there is no way this can happen but I refuse to believe this. I got married at the age of 45 to my husband who is 6 months older. we don't have any children but will keep believing.  I just don't know what help is available to people like my husband and I.
0baasima
Hi Ladies,
Thank you for your support and encouragement- my prayers are sent to you all- trust your bodies and God.  I turned 46 a few months ago and though my  partner and I werent necessarily trying, I realized I'm late, bought a test and the little plus showed up! No children for either of us yet- im excited, happy and enjoying this.  My guy will be 50 in 6 months.  And just to think my OB encouraged freezing.  We did it the old fashioned way, but use what ever you can and don't listen to anyone who says its selfish or too late- you will be a wonderful parent and your child will be blessed.
Hi I am 47 years old. I have a daughter at 43 years old thru IVF, that was a long and hard road for me then but I made it. It was difficlut costly and really challenging. Now  I am trying to have a second child a playmate for her to play with. I did three ivf cycles last year one fresh cycle in June 2012 and it failed. I did a frozen cycle in september 2012 and it also failed. I then tried again with a fresh cycle in november 2012 and it also failed. I am trying to keep up hope and do another cycle.The doctor said that I have eggs like a 42 year old and he dont mind trying again with me. He also spoke to me about donor eggs, but I would really prefer if I have my own biological child with my own eggs. I am not giving up and I think that where theres a will there is a way. I have an appointment with the doctor next week Fridaya dn I pray and hope that this ivf cycle works out for me. It will be my fourth cycle.
hi I read your story with interest and and wondering if you did conceive? How was it? im 46 and thinking that a baby would be beautiful.
thanks for your inspirational words
My wife is 49. Just had second FET and waiting for 14 days. - got 11 days left.  First time was sucessful with baby now 10 months old. It can be done.
itll all workout..ur husbands concerns are natural... once the baby arrives everybody will b over joyed...relax and pick out names..u are blessed and ur grandson will have a playmate
Hi I am 47 will be 48 in November, I am about to start a new IVFCycle this month. I did three two fresh and 1 frozen in teh past 6 months and they were not successful. I am doing my 3rd fresh cycle and it may be my last since I have to pay out of pocket for it and it is very expensive. I am prayig  and hoping that I wll have a miracle this time around. My new cycle should start at the end of this month March. I hope for lots and lots of baby dust my way.

Iva, I had a baby in 2011 at the age of 46 (I was 10 days away from turning 47), so your doctor is misinformed.  I conceived naturally and had a healthy baby boy and this is my first child.  I had gone to a fertility doctor months before getting pregnant, and he said there was nothing he could do for me unless I wanted to use donor eggs - essentially he was telling me that he thought traditional methods of fertility treatments would  be a waste of time and money on my  45 (at the time) year old eggs.  I left there feeling a little disappointed but not surprised, and realized there are pros and cons to a life with kids or without, so I was going to make the most of mine regardless.  I got pregnant about 6 months later and was fortunate to have had a successful pregnancy with no complications, so keep in mind that it is possible.
I lost a baby due to low progesterone - be sure to get your progesterone checked!  Also ask your doctor if you have a tilted uterus - if you do - you should lay on your stomach after intercourse not your back !!

Knowledge is power !  
Amen, u r being blessed with 2 miracles.  God is testing your faith through this. so considerng your strength & courage to get through all this I see it all as a beautiful journey.
Hi, ladies!
.Anyone got pregnant naturally and have successful pregnancy on 44 years old?
What vitamins, supplements do you take? Thank you.
You are so blessed.  Enjoy all of your gifts(babies) God has given you.  I had 2 misscarriages when I was younger and now I have no children and cannot get pregnant.  I am very sad because now I am married to a fabulous man and apparently I'm too old now to have his kids.  I'm 47.  Please know that you are very blessed to have grandchildren and children, no matter the ages.  Love and enjoy every single day you have with all of them!!!!
HI all
Wonderful to read such heart warming stories ,I am 47 and not sure if I am still ovulating ,is it possible to get pregnant naturally at this age ?
I just turned 46 have a 27yr old dtr, 19 yr old dtr and 16 yr old son. Had mc when I was 21 and again at 32.   Now we are contemplating having another child.  Or at least try.  If we decide to try, he will have a vasectomy reversal in November.  My issue is.....I have read so many negative comments and articles and think, it's pointless.  $3000 (reversal cost) is too much money to spend for such a small chance of conceiving.  Besides what my husband will have to go through.  Though he insists he's willing to do it. Then I read tons of positive success stories and feel hope.  One day I'm feeling very positive the next not so much and feel depressed.   I have an appt with on/gyn mainly to get "established" as a new patient as I recently moved to a new state.  I thought I would talk to her about it and ask for bloodwork to see where things stand with my reproductive system but after reading all the comments of how doctors react, I am scared to bring it up. She does specialize in high risks pregnancies according to the website so maybe she'll be understanding....idk.  Today after reading so many positive comments on here I think, yep lets give it a try.  Won't hurt to try.  If it doesn't, well then it wasn't meant to be.  Hoping positive thoughts and the fact I don't feel 46 (feel more like 36), eat healthy (lean meats, no sugar, no caffeine, lots of grains, fresh fruits and veggies, smoothies with flaxseed and nuts and of course supplements. I work out 4-5 times a week and recently lost19 lbs. anyways, sorry for going on so long.  Just needed to get my thoughts in print.  I can't talk to family or friends because I know they'll think we are crazy.  I've asked my husband to keep this private, just between us until we see how things go. Good luck to y'all who are trying and congrats to those who have been blessed with a baby. .    
Thank you for sharing. Your situation is not a coincidence; it's your destiny so embrace it. You have been granted a wish. There's only this life for moments.
I'm 47, will be 48 in June, I have a 24,22,17 13 month old and I'm pregnant again. Ok with that being said, the older I had in my 20's had my tubes tied at 29(biggest mistake) met my DH 12 years ago married 10 yesturday. Went to an RE at 43 and 10 months, had my first ivf made 18 eggs lots of $, they told mt to go straight to donor eggs and I was like, what?, no way, I had babies before! Nothing happened, had a tubal reversal, 4 medicated iui's, plentynof eggs, fsh of 5 AMH 5.3. Re said i was too old she couldnt help me sny more. Went to NYC to see an re that uses frozen donor eggs, price was right no need to wait....he saw my chart and told me to do a mini ivf(low drugs) I made 11 eggs, 3 went to 5 day blast, I MC at 9 weeks.. I asked him what my odds were he said 1%, on to donor eggs, we got 6 eggs 4 made it to blast, transfered 2 on Christmas/Chanukah morning2011 by jan.2, 2012 I was pregnant, sept 4, 2012 Ella Abigail was born! Aug. 2013 we transfered our 2 snow babies...bfn : ( so so heart broken! Begged my RE to let me have 2 more eggs from the same donor,  only 1 made it so on 9/29 we transfered and 7 days later I'm pregnant! I just wanted to give you a heads up on the reality of getting pregnant, not to hurt anyone's feelings! It's not easy in our 40's you've got to be strong and ready for anything! Lots of heartache and Joy!
Love hugs and SSBD
Melanie
I'm 45 n about 2 weeks along....I have had 5 kids... 1 miscarriage... N my pregnancies... Well let's just say....each one has a story! N a pregnancy test...best in am when u first go potty...levels r higher!
They'd be 2 months along.... I am!
Hi , Cristina here, i hope you will get pregnant , really do ! Pray for me to please i am 47 and lost my both fallopian tubes but still pray for a baby , thats all that i want more than anything else . You can take Maca and vitex , also vitamin E everyday , eat fruit and veggies and exersize so you are fit and healthy ....find more on the net about eat for fertility ...God bless you
How did it all turn out?
My partner and I have been together for 3 years now. I have a 13yr old son and my partner has a 5yr old daughter who we sadly don't see as his ex partner won't allow it. We have been discussing having a child between us but I thought I was too old. I turned 47 in January. Reading all your posts has helped me tremendously! And we are going to try. We can't afford IVF so fingers crossed I can conceive naturally! Thank you all so much for your lovely posts, and I'll let you know how we get on!!
Did you get pregnant? I am 46 yrs old and am marrying a 32 yr old man. He wants kids and I'm not sure I am able. I had a tubal ligation 15 yrs. ago. Thanks.
you would do anohter baby with IVF or naturally, is there any positive experience?
I'm 47, I have a 21 month old dd and 38 weeks with a girl. I started ttc at 44 with my eggs, had tubes tied at 29. We went straight to Ivf, made many eggs but only ended up pg with a MC. I have 3 grown bio
Kids so. We did a tubal reversal and 4 medicated iui's nothing. We decided to do Donor eggs and here we are. It's totally up to you, I really just wanted a baby, biology wasn't an issue! Ttc is really hard, you must be strong! Your at the right place though. There are many of us her willing to help you every step of the way!!!
Hugs and good luck!
Melanie
hi  I'm 46 and trying to concive and had a tubaligation 19 years ago and had my tubal reversal 4 months ago. My husband is 41 and has no chidren and wants a child so we are trying naturally. I did alot of reserch on the pros and cons and decided to try. no pregancy yet put praying for our little miricle.
I don't know when you posted... But you are very lucky... This is a true blessing.
Viewing 401-460 comments: