Pregnancy 35+ Community
Odds of Pregnancy at Age 47?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Viewing 201-400 comments:
I have tried using ART to conceive via IUI...I had chemical preg that ended in miscarriage...The doc refuses to do IVF saying that I have 0 - 2% chance of conceiving and having a baby.....Sigh...should I get a second opinion, etc? I'd prefer to try using my own eggs, although my doc is pushing the donor egg issue...not really interested....Welcome your feedback...
Hi all. I've read some of you all comments & cannot believe there are so many my age or near that's either pregnant or trying to conceive. Being our age and trying to get pregnant can be lonely because so many cannot understand because it isn't the norm of society. Me & my husband have been trying since September, 2001 (so a little over 10 years) & I'm not giving up because this is what God promised me. First of all, it's in God's timing, not mine. Me & my husband thought about doing ivf, but we looked at each other & chose to wait and do it naturally. It's been a bumpy road, but a good road. I've learned so much & grown so much in my relationship with God & my Savior, Jesus. I know my baby is coming, but the greatest I've gained is my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I am hopeful & have faith in Jesus Christ. Also, I plan to have one more after this. You guys have really encouraged me because you are not letting your age stop you from having your baby. I pray if you don't know Jesus, that you do. Because without Him, I couldn't have made it this far. I truly can't do anything without Him. He is my source of strength. He is my strength.
Your story hit a note with me. I just turned 45, and started dating a man 32. He really wants kids, I already have 2, age 14 and 16. At first, I didn't think we could make it work because I wouldn't be able to have another child at my age. However, I am healthy, and my periods are very normal still. We were careful at first with BC, but then we both sort of decided unanimously to just let things happen if they are supposed to happen. It wasn't a conscious decision necessarily, he just stopped wearing condoms, and I stopped insisting he do so.

Now I am pretty sure I am pregnant. I am both terrified and excited at the same time. It is too soon to test with a home pregnancy test, but with both of my other children I knew immediately, and I was right both times. Sometimes a woman just knows. I share your same fears. Will he stick around, and what the Heck do I tell everyone? Especially after all the lectures to my teens about "safe sex." I will have a really hard time justifying my own decision to stop doing so myself. Of course, having a baby alone at 46 is very different than 16, but still not easy. I have been a single parent since my kids were very young. I have no idea how I am feeling right now, but just pretty much can't stop crying. It is like being blissfully happy and scared to death at the very same time. Stupid hormones...

Anyway, I hope everything works out well on your end, and if nothing else, at least I don't feel quite so alone today. :)
God is definitely  faithful!
I had my first  pregnancy at age 31 (my records had a label on saying 'geriatric prima gravida') and miscarried my daughter at 22 weeks.  I went on to have a healthy boy at age 33 and another healthy boy at age 35.  I was divorced shortly after that.  

I remarried at 39 and tried for more children straight away.  I had 3 miscarriages before my third son was born when I was 42.  I was under pressure to have amnio testing from my doctor and hospital but I refused because the only reason they had me as 'high risk' was my age.  If I'd had the same test results 10 years earlier I wouldn't have been considered a risk.

Since then I haven't been using contraception but was breast feeding for 18 months and didn't start my periods again until after that.  Then last September, aged 47, I had an early miscarriage which was a bit of a surprise.  It was quite hard and just before Xmas I decided enough was enough - I packed up 7 sacks of clothes from newborn size to age 5 and gave them all to a neighbour.  

Heard of sod's law?  I went into hospital for tests because of a suspected kidney infection the other day - to be told I'm pregnant again.  Their test apparently works very early because I'm only at day 24 of my cycle.

So now I'm wondering if I should knock on that neighbour's door and ask them to pass the clothes back as they finish using them!  Or wait and see if I miscarry again.  I'm thinking more the latter after reading this thread and the 85% likelihood of miscarrying.....

But anyway - just to add to the list of people who've confirmed that it's perfectly possible to conceive naturally at age 47.
I meant to say too - to all those people miscarrying: I was told repeatedly that it was a good sign because it showed I was fertile and eventually I would carry to term.  My lovely five year old is the proof of that theory.
Ditto.....47 ........I was out to dinner with my man....had 2 glasses of wine and was very very buzzed. Anyhoo, we came home , had fun , lots. The next day talking to my sister , I explained the buzz. She said "Oh, I use to get like that all the time when I was ovulating" . (I currently get my periods regularly , but have small fibroids.) I went to the calendar, counted ....whammo ...mid month. I have never been pregnant, but have always wanted a child.I am now 10 days late for my period, tender breasts, cramping, bloated and exhausted. I am also too nervous to get the test .....this is bringing back all the emotions and torture of wanting. Am I ? or am I peri-menopausal?
Sounds just like I feel and I'm not even ten days late yet!  Do the test!
I am new to any type of chat but I need to talk with someone. I am 58 yers old, tubes tie in 1984, last period in 2006.  I have nausea, backaches, headaches and I look like 4-5 months pregnant.  I fell something but I tell myself it's a gas bubble. Took a urine test in the ER because I started cramping and tha was clear.  I am also feeling full in the lower abdomen and urinate a lot more.  The buldge is right under my breast. I am now waiting for blood test results since one of my seven pregnancies only showed through a blood test.  Is there anyone else this age experiencing any of this.  Afraid to talk to my husband or children for ear they might put me in a sraight jacket,
Honestly, The odds of you being pregnant at 58 is .00001. This could be a number of Woman issues. Don't worry about the straight jacket if you are pregnant after 29 years of having your tubes tied and not having AF for 6 then it would be a gift from God!...lol I hope all goes well for you Honey!
Hugs,
Melanie
Thanks for responding.  Just had to get it off my chest.  I now have a couple of days left to wait for test results and go from there,
No problem, I hate being negative, I hope your pregnant with a beautiful healthy baby!
Hugs,
Melanie
sounds like fibroids to me.
Thank you so much! Need to talk to someone! I am 46 and for the first time thinking maybe I can have my first one. Husband of 29 yrs didn't want any more but he passed away 6 months ago!  Wow still an ouch hurts a lot but I met the most amazing man and he loves me!!! Yes we are in love...1 in a 1,000,000 and we are thinking and talking about having a baby! But I am older no we r older, been reserching this. Can I have my first at 46? Really scared but really want this....always wanted this! Plz talk to me...K?
Sirena,

Just make sure that you get the proper genetic tests done when they offer them.  I laughed at genetic counseling, and my daughter was diagnosed at 21 weeks with Trisomy 18, which is incompatible with life.  I don't mean to scare you, but if I had taken the tests more seriously and at 11 weeks when they suggested them, we would not be grieving as much as we are now at the loss of our child.  I am 46 and my husband is 38.  Remember that things must be viewed differently at this older age then when we had kids the first time around.  We will be trying again too.  Best of luck!
Kim
Hi, i will be 46 in May 2012.  Was married to my sould mate in May 2011 and conceived unfortunately we lost our little angel on 6 September 2011 (11 weeks).  I am now 14 days late for my period and have done a pregnancy test which is negative.  Dont want to do another just yet (scared) I want a positive so badly.  I have made an appointment to see the doctor on Thurday morning to find out what is wrong.
It gives me hope seeing that a full terms pregnancy is not impossible.  I have a beautiful daughter aged 20 from a previous marriage and would love a baby to complete my current marriage.
TTC - Tracey
xx
I had a pap smear on Friday.  Doc said the uterus was tight and the tubes were smooth.  I'll call today and see if the results are in for the pap smear.  But I have also scheduled myself for a second opinion for next week. Maybe an ultrasound might tell. Blood work for kidney, thyroid and pregnancy came out normal.
I am trying to become pregnant with my husband of a year and a half. We lost one right after we got together. I am now 47 and he is 64. His father was 64 when he was born. My children said they will be angry with us if I get pregnant. They feel it is selfish. they think its worng to bring a baby into the world with the added risk of age and they want me to be happy with my grandchilden. I have 5 children and 4 grandchildren. Am I being selfish. I will still love my children and grandchildren and spend as much if not more time with them. Why are they angry. I have to say its mostly one child thats angry.
Hi ellen I am in the same boat as you I want another baby Im 46 going on 47
Iv been told I am only ovulating sometimes buy doctors but they only done one test so I have done my own every month and I have been ovulating every month they told me I could be going through early menopause. But I will not give up I do believe in keep trying dont be scared because my friend had twins at 46 they were both healthy . good luck and all the best denise  
i have been trying for a baby for 3 years but nothing.i have been tested and i've been told that i need ivf as i have a short supply of eggs.i am 44 years old my husband is 38 years.i have 2 children age 18 and 21 he has none.our first appointment is next wednesday 25th jan.please keep your fingers crossed for us as we can only afford one go on ivf,
I recently read "Pregnancy Miracles" which gave me much hope at age 45 to achieve pregnancy.  I recommend this ebook.  God Bless You and your faith!
I have 4 grown children and am a RPN.  It is possible to be pregnant and still test negative.  I did for my second child.  Had a negative at week 9.  then a few days later had an inconclusive.  it took until 10 wks pregnant to get a positive urine test to come out.  so wait for one week and retest.  Do you have pregnancy symptoms such as tender sore breasts, having to pee more frequently, nausea or just a yicky feeling any time of the day that is unexplainable?  if so you might be pregnant.  It is unusual to start menopause that quickly without some kind of symptoms or changes first.  If you keep getting a negative and miss a second period go see your dr and get a blood test done.  good luck.
I am sorry for you loss but I think you would still have grieved as much at 11 wks as you do at 18 or 21 wks.  A baby is a baby and any loss whether only just pregnant or at full term is still excruciatingly painful.  Best of luck in your next try.
I lost my dear husband 1 yr ago and am in a new relationship with his cousin whom i adore.  I am 46 he is 45 and I am starting to think about having another baby..  I have 4 grown children 25,23,22,20 and they have also told me they will be angry with me if I get pregnant.  They love me though and I doubt they will stay angry long if I do conceive I am leaving it up to god and we are not using birth control.  He has lots of grown children and doesn't really want anymore but isn't trying to use birth control and has not asked me to use any which is hard as i am latex allergic.  I think while we are close to the age where we shouldn't be having babies it is your husband's age that they are most upset about.  64 is way to old to be having a baby.  I am an RPN and from a medical stand point the average life span for men is about 70 but for women is 82,  You have a chance of your husband dying before this baby enters kindergarten and that is simply not fair to a child.  Plus at age 64 men are just not usually healthy enough physically to keep up with the demands of a baby, toddler, then active child.  It is a little selfish to be expecting your children to raise this baby if anything happens to you both which is most likely another reason your children would be angry with you.  If your husband was your age I think you would find they would be much more tolerant of your wish to have another child.  Just my opinion of course.
WOW! Such inspiring stories. We miscarried at 8 weeks last year. I was 45 and now 46. We are walking towards our baby again. I'm terrified, anxious and joyed. We're going against the odds here and it's good to here victorious stories. Keep positive
I finally got my results of the pap smear and it was normal. I am scheduled for an ultrsound in the morning and then second opinion gyn later in the evening.
I had an ultrasound today.  No fibroids but the uterus wall lining is thick.  Doc suggest DNC.
I am about to be 47. I have no children and have never been pregnant. I have finally met a man I would consider having a child with. I am an only child and I was late in life for my parents. They were both in their late 30's or early 40's when I was born. My father is now deceased. My mother is 85. I am soon to be with no family other than my partner, his family and some of my cousins. I am debating the baby issue. I have no health issues at this time and I am still having my monthly visitor on a regular schedule. Are the health and emotional issues too great to continue with this train of thought?
I Don't mean to be a Debbie downer but at our age pregnancy is really difficult, I have been told 1%. I tried for 2 years with my age and after a MC decided on donor eggs. It a difficult journey but if your strong maybe you can be that 1%! I am now pregnant and will be 46 when I give birth.
Good luck!
I feel like slapping doctors when they say that it's "nearly impossible" to get pregnant at 45+.
I have known a number of women that have 'spontaneously' became pregnant in late 40s.
I myself became pregnant at 47 after being told when i was in my early 30s that it's highly unlikely that i would get pregnant again (at the time i had one child).
I adopted a second child in my mid 30s.
By the time i entered my early 40s the last thing on my mind is having/raising any more children. I didn't have the energy nor the optimum health as i did when i was younger.
In fact, i had several back injuries and was borderline diabetic.
In an attempt to stave off full blown diabetes and rehabilitate my back-- i began to work out by simply walking and doing tai chi, lost about 15 pounds and changed my diet to include alot more fruits and vegetables, flax seeds to my fruit smoothies, fish oil, olive oil and far less simple carbs. I cut out all junk food. I even replaced coffee with herbal coffee called Teecino.

Well surprise surprise- three months into my "lifestyle" change i became pregnant one month before my 47th birthday!

Here's the really pathetic thing--my fiancee and i are not even that sexually active. We're talking intercourse once or twice a month. We both have lower sex drive and are fine with it.

I am convinced that my diet of daily fruit smoothies, veggie juices, vitamins, flax seeds, meditating and mild exercising had a huge impact on my body conceiving.

Bottom line is this--as long as you still have your period you can still conceive. I don't care what any doctors says.
I adopted a second child in my mid 30s.

Thank you for your inspiring story! Are you pregnant or is your little one here now?
Hugs,
Melanie
Congrats!!! Doctors don't know everything because they are always in practice.  I have gone just about everywhere to find out what's wrong with me..  No one seems to know. if this is something that happens when you are menopausal.  All the symptoms of pregnancy and even a little hcg in the blood.  Had ultrasound and no fibroids but uterine lining is a little thick.  Pap smear is good from two different gyn's.  Second one wants to o  D&C.  I want to know why.  If  they suspect something tell me,  Regular doctor wants to order more test but the office girls can't tell me what they re either.  I ust give up and going back to eating.  Gained 4 pounds since Thanksgiving and still going. so I might as well enjoy it.
I am 44 and had two children until last month when in a tragic freak accident I lost my younger son who was 11 yrs. Me and my husband are in a total darkness and our lives seem to have no purpose now. The only hope that we see to build our shattered family is to plan for a baby and I am going ahead even if I am 44 now. My initial tests, FSH, AMH are not very encouraging and this has caused further depression. I have read through some very interesting stories and would invite suggestions, tips from all to help us rebuild our family
p/S: In my early comment, i made an error (study scale 1 - 5 means Bad to Outstanding and not 'to worst'. Ha! ha!
God bless you!

Be patient and remain hv faith in the Lord! When i was 30, i prayed hard and after 7 yrs, i got my daughter who is now 9. She's very smart - bubbly & spirited, has lots of energy so she's doing a lot - playing the violin & piano, was in artistic gymnastic for 8 yrs of her life. She's active in school plays, popular in class, school, daycare centre. She plays tennis and advancing well. For studies with scale 1 - 5 (bad to Outstanding), she's getting 3-5, with more 4 & 5.
I mentioned all these to encourage you that the coming baby won't be growing up 'dysfunctional' but greatly blessed by our Lord the Maker of heaven and earth and all that has breath ! Amen! May the Love of the Lord keeps you going! Sincerely, C
No one should judge you! Take good care and be in constant consultation with your GP. God bless!
Maybe you should ask yourself why you want another child when you already have 3 ? Can you provide very well (emotionally etc) for this future baby and go through pre-menopause? It's important to be unselfish as well and look to the big picture. Of course, do what u think best for your own situation and life. God bless!
The Lord watches over you and may your dream in having a child come true soon! The Lord is good and i can feel how you feel, wanting to be a mom. It's such a natural emotion - Motherhood ! Take care, C
If there is another addition to your family, Rejoice and celebrate! It is then a wonderful blessing !
I am praying for you & your family to find peace and comfort in God. I am so sorry for your lost.
It's always best to take a hpt with the first morning pee. I'm 35, second pregnancy after a m/c 11/10, and am approx 9 weeks today. Have my first doc appt tomorrow morning. Hopefully they'll do a u/s too. I wish everyone here the best of luck, baby dust and God Bless.
Thank you for sharing such an amazing story!
  This morning and many times I would go to church and pray that I would be able to conceive a beautiful healthy child just like baby Jesus. After I met my soul mate, I was ready to be pregnant, but after trying for the past 11 months, I have gotten to the point where I cannot be. That was also confirmed by few IVF specialist and also by an ovarian reserve lab work.
  in a week I'm turning 48, thank God for a healthy body so far...and keep holding on my hope. A hope where I can see the man I love so much to father my child.
Please, you all kind people pray for me... as I wait for the miracle to arrive!

Lord Bless//
AngelFace!

Lord Bless//
AngelFace!
thank you for your testimony it has truely helped me
I am 46 and 33 weeks pregnant. I got married in Nov 2010 and did not use contraception for religious reasons.

In July 2011 I was late for my period, very tired with sore breast and slightly nauseous but no morning sickness. I did a pregnancy test which was positive. I have 3 children from previous marriage and relationship (youngest is 14) and thought it difficult to get pregnant.

I am keen on keeping myself fit and eating healthily, which has helped me to concieve (conceive) in my opinion. However, I did leave my fate of getting pregnant in Gods hands.  

All the usual worries came to mind after intial shock of actually being pregnant, will baby be healthy, will I have complications etc. I had to triple test but was determined no matter what I will not terminate, for religious reasons again.

At 20 weeks was told I had a low lying placenta which meant a likely hood of cesarian birth. 2 days ago had my last scan which showed that placenta was no longer low. I did worry about low birth wieght as I am not very big (my height is 5ft) but scan estimated baby's wieght at 5lb 7oz. Hubby and I are really pleased.

We a talking about having a water birth and getting things ready for baby now. We decided not to know the sex of the baby as it's my husbands first baby and wants it to be a surprise. I myself think by the shape of my bump I am having a girl.

We are anxiously awaiting the first signs of labour. While I have had short labours in the past I am not sure what to expect with this pregnancy. I am getting very tight and baby kicks and punches a lot. The head is down so could have baby any day now.

I do have concerns if I will have the energy to look after a baby well at 46, but if others can do it so can I.

I have been reassured by most of the posts here. Good luck to everyone trying to concieve (conceive).

God bless you all.
Your not pregnant! Stars getting pregnant past 45 are more then likely IVF. Unfortunately for Women trying to get pregnant, it leaves false hopes for the average people. Why would anyone want a baby at times of becoming a grandmother, beats me!
I don't think it's nice for you to be so negative. Do you even know anything about IVF? I think not, Maybe you have had kids and I have but many woman on here are on here for support, not judgment! We get it all the time! Maybe this is a woman's 1st child so to mention time to be a grandmother is really insensitive! I have 3 children and went through a really hard time to have my 4th with my husband who doesn't have kids so to be able to have one with him is a blessing. I did do IVF but it didn't work so we went onto Donor eggs and now I am pregnant. Please don't come here to hurt anyone that would be really sad!
Why are you here?
Okay my story is definitely worth telling, so here goes.

I am 46 yo. I have six kids. Five from a previous marriage-all born before I was 32 and one from IVF donor-egg. We consulted a fert dr after four years of trying, I was 44 hubby was 45. He is a genius dr and said you want it quick and painless, here ya go. You're old, donor eggs will work. We did, it worked fast, love love love my daughter, she's eighteen months old. We have 7 embryos on ice. All perfect. Cost a freakin' fortune. 35K.

Okay forward to last few months. Decided to go for number two. I wanted to lose weight and get ready. Hubby and I both started an Atkins diet. Lots of eggs, cheese, nuts, veggies etc. Lost alot of weight and then followed that with a home made juice diet. Mostly green juice. Spinach, kale, broccoli, tomatoes, herbs all kinds, mango, oranges, apples, kiwi, onions, garlic just everything. Did that for a month, lost five pounds more. Got pregnant on day fourteen of this diet.

I am in shock. Just found yesterday. My periods been getting irregular and that sort of worried me, I'm getting old. My hubby bought a preg test because he was dying to find out if it was actually true. I blew it off as a big joke. I didn't even finish peeing on the damn thing before it lit up! I am floored! This is unbelievable. By the way, we were not trying at all. Just happened.
I am a bit nervous in posting. This is my first time. I have a few questions for you. I just turned 45 and I missed my period Feb 3. My last period was January 3 which actually lasted for about 12 days last month. I did have intercourse on the 21 of January. My periods are usually every 28-30 days. I took a pregnancy test February 11 which came out negative. I am now 2 weeks late. I only took one pregnancy test. I think they are 99% accurate? My question is do you think it is menopause just starting out of the blue? Like I said my periods are normal every 28-30 days. I don't know what to think  My nipples are just slightly tender. I have no nausea. I also feel slight twinges by/in my cervix.
Anyway Thank You for listening to me  :)
I would go get an early pregnancy test and test first morning urine, then you'll know!
Good luck!
Thanks for listening. I did take one test, but I believe they are 99% accurate right?
just like you, i'm new to this site, but i have been asking questions about menopause , i had a tubaligation in 1991 after my 4th child, which i might add i had what i thought was my period throughout the pregnancy but i had also been on birthcontrol so i didn't even know i was pregnant but i delivered a healthy boy! i have had all the signs of pregnancy but i figured at 46 and a tubal it was just menopause even though i had no symptoms leading up to this. took some pt and they were negative so i went to the dr and he said it was nearly impossible that i would be pregnant at my age and having a tubal but he took some blood and came back with a negative result after about 20 minutes ! i left that day thinking he was right and the test proved i wasn't but still had the same symptoms of pregnancy and my stomach was continuing to grow so i went back to the dr and they did a pap and said i appear to be around 13 weeks and have been scheduled for a battery of tests including ultra sound to see if it could be twins ! i'm so freaked out but excited also because the man i've been seeing doesn't have kids, but we never really thought about having a baby and i thought i was done after that tubal, someone else decided otherwise and i just pray this baby is healthy but i feel it is a blessing ! goodluck to all you ladies who are asking for a miracle they truly do happen !  
That is great news! I am so happy for you. I just don't understand how a pregnancy test comes up negative when in fact your pregnant. I mean mine came up negative, and I am 2 weeks late. I just called my Obgyn, and they just told me it is very rare these tests aren't accurate, but going by this site, I think they are wrong. I am going to take another test. I have no symptoms of pregnancy. I keep telling myself it is menopause starting out the blue. My cycles were always pretty much normal.The only difference I feel is lower back pain, but that could be from cleaning? I really don't know
My doctors office also said my well visit isn't until after March 8, and she also told me to see if I miss another period? Is that normal? She said usually doctors like you to miss 2 periods? I never heard of that with my other children.
Why are they checking you for twins?
Hi i want to try your diet you done I am 47 and have meet a man younger than me and so want to have a baby with him . I have been told by a doctor that I can not have a baby as he done 2 blood tests one showed I did not ovulate and the other showed I did . I have been doing my own every month and they have all showed that I ovulated . This doctor did not want to help as He said you have children already. I left there in tears these doctors do not want to help when you get to a certain age so bad. I read your story and want to change my life style with eating and exercise. I want to no the flaxseed you put into the smoothies how much and how often did you do this . many thanks denise  
I have tried to get pregnant I am 48 and my husband 32 . He wants a baby and I would like to give it to him. I went to the doctor and he said it would be impossible for me to have a baby. Another doctor at his hospitla told me without a doubt I can. I am confused. I say keep trying my roommate from college got pregnant at 40 plus. So its possible if you  have normal periods its more likely. I have realized that when we are in our 40's we are more set with ourself and are able to handle the responsibilites of being a parent we even embrace it more cause we are more sure of who we are.
Your children should want their mom to be happy.  Sounds like mine...a bit jealous.  I am 47 and my fiance is 44 with no children of his own and we are also trying.  Boy will my 3 older kids be mad!  Mom has a right to happiness....and you do too!

Susan from Le Roy, NY
I am 46 and my husband is 56.  I have 2 children from a previous marriage ages 21 and 18.  My husband has a daughter 28 who will be getting married in October.  We both have been filled with excitement for the wedding and my youngest going off to college.  My period over the last few months would be extremely heavy and then end.  I figured I was in Menopause because my sister and my mother were all finished by the time they were 47.  Well, I am 11 days late, so my husband and I bought a test at it came out positive.  I sat there basically like, "Oh my God" is this true.  So, my husband ran out and got another test.. Still positive.  I called the Doctor this morning and I will see him tomorrow.. I am very scared because I was not planning this.. forced with decisions I am not sure of... don't know what to do..
How wonderful to know I am not alone.We can never give up and we have to have faith. I am 46 and my husband and I are trying to conceive. I/we have no idea where the past 5 years went. WOW!  My doctor said I have eggs but they are immature. ( I talk to them every night; Grow up! you have a wonderful mom and dad waiting for you! lol     really :))   )  I do know my body and I realize age is against me but I am extremely healthy and I have hope. I have been increasing my vitamin intake, A,B,C,D,E, folic acid, vitex, siberian ginseng, and recently DHEA (75mg)  I went to a fertility doctor, paying out of pocket, he tried gonal F, 225m for 9 days, I started day 2 of my period for 9 days, no response, my estrodoile is low, so he does not want to continue. I was researching IVM and found New York Center for Human Reproduction.... DHEA   I'm going to try... Then I am off to India, Appolo Hospital, New Delhi...    Today, I have just got through ovulating and I have stained/spotted. I pray that I am pregnant. We will keep trying.   Mrs. M
Hi, I know how you feel. At 46 with a husband who is 49 and a son who is 13 I fnd myself 7 weeks pregnant.  I know the options,  just not the right decision. My husband feels we are too old and would prefer a termination, I'm erring that way but am very unsure.  I read all the email threads and they all sound postive, surely there is another side ? At the moment it really doesn't fell wonderful
The reality is that at 46, you have a 90% chance or more of having a miscarriage naturally.  And the odds of your even being pregnant at all at age 46 with your own eggs are less than 1 in 200.  So I would say you have a miracle going on, and I hope you won't terminate!!!  God must have a special plan for this baby and your family for you to beat such tremendous odds.  I gave birth to beautiful twins at age 49 thanks to an egg donor, and my husband is two years older than I am.  Our children are now toddlers, and we are having so much fun raising them.  You are not too old to have a baby!!!  
Hi I just turned 45 and I was told I could not have any more children after having my first in 1988 when I was 20 years old, my second husband has two children from a previous marriage and one granddaughter aged 7 months, I really really want to have a baby with this man whom I love with everything I have, but I have endomitriosis and they tell me that it is impossible to have a child I have been having unprotected sex for the last 8 years and nothing, is it possible that my husbands drinking has something to do with the fact that I cannot get pregnant or are the doctors right about my condition causing me not to get pregnant, but Ihave heard about so many women with the same condition and miraculously they have become pregnant naturally
Ok tell me if /i am crazy or not for even trying to get pregnant.......I will give you my history.....I have always been overweight,and never had regular periods, matter of fact for years i never got my period.  4 years ago I had Gastric Bypass Surgery and lost 160 pounds and now I get my period regularly...I will be 49 in March and Just got married on Valentines Day and have always wanted a baby.  2 years ago I had an IUD put in cause I didn't think i would ever want to take the risk of getting pregnant but now that I am married and love my husband I want to give him a baby....I am going to have the IUD removed and have a fertility test completed to see if i can even conceive......tell me please am I crazy......My faith has always been if it is gods will for my to have a baby he will give me one....I think I have never conceived cause it wasn't the right time, but know it is the right time....I know in my heart and soul I am where I am suppose to be and my heavenly father will give me a baby if he feels it is right.......Can someone tell me the risks to me and the baby...I am trying to do some research before making the appointment...
This is all awesome! I can't believe after all these years this thread is still going! I pray that we all, regardless of age, conceive and carry healthy babies! I believe God still works miracles so that we may know and believe that HE's still in control! HE's the same God that blessed Sarah and Hannah and other Women to conceive. Through this all and no matter what we do to aid Him, HE is still in control of what happens!!! This baby desire/journey is not about age this is about knowing, learning to trust and falling in love with God!!!!!!!!!!
im christian and 47 , my doctor says my eggs are to old but I believe in God and so I believe in miracles . I pray at Gods feet I will be a mom .
Dear D3termined,
I just wanted to say I loved your comments, thanks for such inspiring and encouraging words. I myself I'm a proof of God's infinite love and power. I am 44 yo and 12.5 weeks (naturally) pregnant with my second child. Not only that my chances of getting pregnant at this point were few by age alone, but also due to the fact that I had an ectopic pregnancy in the past, I only ovulate with one ovary. So how's that for a miracle? My husband and I feel truly blessed and privileged. Thanks again for your words. Be well!
Wow, this hit right at home.  I am 45 and was dating a younger guy.  He is gone away now to a certficate program in Maryland.  My two children are 10 and 14 and I think that I may be having a baby.  I am late by 2 weeks but not sure if it is just my hormonal change or I'm actually going to have a baby.  I always wanted another one but I too have been raising my children since they were little and to do it again, I don't know if I can.  So, I ddn't think at age 45 you could have a baby without some kind of assistance.  Do you think that I am?  I too have always had normal periods although a few have been a week late or week early in this past year.
he truly is i had my 3rd baby when i was 37 after 4 years of trying, i had 2 children in my twentys and had got pregnant really quickly. so trying and waiting was hard but i knew that God had placed this desire for a another child within me there was times during those 4 years that i wanted to go and see a doctor,concering the time it was taking but everytime the holy spirit was NO. and so i waited and in 2007 i had my little girl i had not had the triple test because it would have made no difference. and Estelle was born with downs syndrome it was a shock at first but i can say now nearly five years on i wouldnt change her for the world, shi is such a blessing to us and also to our church everyone loves her. Like you said God is so faithfull and his timeing blows my mind. keep loving and serveing Jesus and dont give up beliveing. kelly
I posted my story earlier about being 42 have had a tubal 16 years ago and i am now 2 weeks late.  I took a dollar store test after one week in late afternoon and it was negative.  i was going to take another one on Friday in the morning.  i read over and over how sometimes the home test show negative but you are in fact pregnant.  My mind is full.... am I pregnant or is this menopause or just late.  All the symptoms I have, you could have with all three I think.  My nerves are on edge and want to blow but then i want to cry.  NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!! I feel alone and almost stupid when I try to talk about it to even my closest friends.  They look at you like your not pregnant.  I go to the dr on the 13th but i just pray that this next home test i take is correct but now I'm not sure that will give me any comfort.  I'm ok no matter what the Lord has in store, I just need some answers.  
I had unprotected sex on January 30th just before my last period which was Jan. 31st - Feb. 6th. I then had unprotected sex on February 8th. I then noticed a brown discharge for two days. I was then an emotional mess and crying every day for almost two weeks afterwards over anything slightly upsetting or even when I thought about something sad. I am now ten days late for my period and I am experiencing sore, swollen breasts, constantly sore erect nipples, fatigue, and bloating. I had a tiny bit of cramping about two weeks ago. I have taken three (3) pregnancy tests but all are negative. However, two (2) of those tests I did not take the first thing in the morning as we are advised to do due to higher levels of hormones. I feel healthy otherwise. From what I have read here on the forum, it seems I should wait about a week longer before I go get a blood test. I have never been pregnant before... so I am clueless. Thoughts?
I had a dr. appt on Tuesday and was a wreck after and since.  I am in the health and fitness level of a pro athlete of much younger years than my actual 50 - just turned so let's call me 49.  The western docs are very down beat.  They seem to feel they shouldn't waste their time.  And you know, western medicine puts everyone in the same "averages" bucket where the averages are based on people not like us.  I'm quite discouraged but am going to continue with acupuncture and chinese herbs - also diet and supplements and keep charting my cycle and trying.  Western medicine will want older women to go directly to donor egg - which is highly certain to be successful.  But I'm not ready to give up yet.  I may get there in 6 months.  There is a ton of info available on line about diet and eastern medicine options for donceiving naturally at advanced age.  Also, try the books "Making Babies" and "The Infertility Cure".  The latter is dense and I've jsut started it but it is a big seller.  Making Babies would be a good place to start as it is very easy to read and covers western and eastern medicine and covers all the basics.
no, children are not a collection but a blessing and great gift. who are you to tell someone 6 is too many. as long as you are not being asked to contribute to that rising you should be happy.  i am 47, 5 children and 2 stepchildren are my blessing. my husband and i have experienced 2 miscarriages is the last 2 years and just found out i am expecting nov.7,2012. life could not be more joyous. my prayers now is that everything proceeds like normal and by thanksgiving our family will be able to share our thanks with the newest member of our family
No one can ever tell anyone how many children they should have, or when the right time is to have them.  To all of you that are pregnant and happy...be it no. 1 or no. 15.  Be it at age 25 or 55...I wish you healthy and successful pregnancies.  There will always be those that judge, that is just life.  Ignore it and do what is right for you!  
I don't disagree with you that pregnancy at 50 is highly unlikely without medical intervention (ie: IVF with donor eggs).  I just wanted to comment on the last part of your post.  This is a place for support and we respect each other.  To tell someone to "wake up" does not help anyone and is rather rude actually.  Everyone has the right to ask questions, and we try to live by that age old rule "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".  Thanks for understanding.
I totally disagree.   A child could unfortunately lose a parent at any age.   I find that it is selfish of the grown children to try and tell their parent what to do with their lives.  I bet that they will be wonderful nurturing parents, and who knows, they may outlive some of the grown children.  
THAT SAID.... here is my story.  
I
Hello Sis,

I just want to really thank you for your comment. I need that encouragement. I am 47 and I have had 3 misscarriages. I do have a child and have a desire for another one. I got married young when I was 26 and thought I would get pregnant quickly because I was young, but it took a very long time.  After 5 years I did conceive but lost the baby then it took another 5 to 6 years to get pregnant and I did have a child but soon became pregnant again and lost that baby too. In 2008 I was pregnant and carried my baby for 5 months then the doc told me that there was not heartbeat, the baby stopped growing and died inside of me. That was so emotional for me because I really was looking forward to having this baby. Since 2008 I have been trying but not many docs will support a woman in her 40's trying to conceive. I wanted to give up but I think of all the phrophetic words that were spoken to me about having another baby. It's a up and down battle for me and at times makes me feel like it's impossible but after reading your comments of how faithful God is, I feel so encourage.
Your response is downright rude.  Who are you to tell these people they are being selfish.   Some of the largest families I know personally have the most wonderful parents.  And if the parents are older...  SO WHAT.  It does not make them selfish... It makes them selfless and dedicated.  Good for them!! God has given them 6 children and God willing, they will receive as many as their hearts desire.  
Awsome!
I am going to ask that we please remember the original intent of the thread.  It is a discussion about the probability of possibility of pregnancy in our late 40's.  It is not for passing judgment or arguing.  If this continues, I will request that the mods remove some of the comments, or close the thread entirely. Please let's keep this on message.  When to have a baby or how many to have is up to the individual, not others.
Hi don't be discourage I wouldn't think you are crazy.  I am 48 years old and my last child was at 28 years old.  My jeans are extremely tight, i had a period for one day and have never had that in over 20 years, I feel something and I think it is gas too, my breast hurt, my back, I have had headaches and I took a pregnancy test and it showed that I wasn't, but I remember the last time I had to take a pregancy test I had to do it by blood work, who knows if God allows it, who can't say it can't happen. I am like the last person who replied about being positive.  I am positive and I believe babies are a Miracle of Life.  I wish you well if you want that.
Well here I am 47 years old with a positive pregnancy test--I'm guessing I'm 6 weeks along.  Have a doc appt next week.  My history--I have a 26, 24, 21 and 5 year old son.  My 5 year old came after a vasectomy reversal at my age of 42.  We tried for a couple of years, I gave up and then got pregnant with him!  I wanted another soooo badly and we tried for a few years.  Went on Clomid for a short time, got pregnant but lost it at 9.5 weeks.  I had totally given up and I, too, started packing everything up over the last month.  I had some spotting (only when i wiped) last week and thought it was my period...but then nothing more.  I went this week and took the home pregnancy test for a bfp!  Now I am freaking out!!! Am I too old? Will it stick? I'm afraid to get too attached to the idea!!! Help!
I'm really happy for you! You are not too OLD! I pray everything goes well for you! Although it's not easy to get PG at our age it is not impossible! Stay positive and take care of yourself!
You have been blessed!
Hugs,
Melanie
Congrats to you!  And there is no such thing as too old. That my dear is entirely up to you.  I think it's wonderful you are pregnant.  As for the question will it stick?  How I wish I or anyone could answer that.  But no one can say at any age for sure if a pregnancy will stick.  Let's celebrate that you are pregnant, know we are here for you, and just take it one step at a time!  
I got pregnant accidentally at 43 shortly after starting a new relationship.  We have a perfectly healthy child who is the center of our world.  I've had two early miscarriages since then, and we'd love to have another child.  I'm starting the IVF procedure, but am still on the fence about using my own eggs vs donor eggs.  With my own eggs, the procedure will cost about $35K, including all of the extra testing recommended for 'older eggs'.  If we use donor eggs, it'll run about $45K, possibly more, but the likelihood of a successful pregnancy would go from about 1% to about 70%, based strictly on age-based statistics.

What I wonder is how likely my own eggs at 47 will work, given that I had a child just after turning 44.  If I was fertile at 43, is it likely it all went downhill since then?

For those of you really desperate to have a child, the greatest probability of that happening is with donor eggs.  It's terribly expensive, though - ridiculously so.  If you're in good health, your odds of having a healthy child in your late 40s is the same as for a young woman  - - if you use donor eggs.  Because of chromosome crossover that can occur as your blood flows through the fetus, the child actually can take on some of your DNA, which is pretty cool.
Hi, Ive never posted on one of these before but your stories have given me encouragement. I am 46 next month and had a son when I was 19 he is now 26 and then had 15yrs of infertility, had treatments but nothing worked then got pregnant naturally age 34 with my now 11yr old daughter, got pregnant again when she was 3 months old with my next daughter then it took 1 year to conceive my 3rd daughter who was born when I was 38. We have been trying for another baby for the last 7 yrs without success.  I would love another child so much but was sure my age was stopping it, especially as I have never got pregnant easily. I hope I can be as lucky as some of your lucky ladies, it has given me hope, thank you and please keep fingers crossed for me and all other ladies trying xxx
God is good,

I was told Aspirin one a day is good if you are trying to get pregant,I have also been tryiny for a baby for ten years.Don't give up God is love.
soooo....how have things worked out?  
I am 32 I have been under a lot of stress which I know doesn't help to get pregnant. I have been taking Fertibela an fertility enhance so they say I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months and still nothing. I'm ready to give up. I have also never had a pap...not sure why just haven't..My husband wants a child so bad that he would take another wife to have one...Sorry forgot to mention we are Muslim...and it is accepted that he can have another wife...anyway...I just don't know what to do anymore....baby dust to you all.
I am new to this site, but wanted to share my story. I am 46 and have a 7 year-old DS.  So he was conceived at 38.  At the age of 43, my husband and I decided we wanted a second child.  We conceived natually after only two months of trying.  Unfortunately, I miscarried at 5 weeks.  Over the course of the next two years, I conceived naturally 3 more times.  But lost all of the pregnancies (one was a partial molar, one was a non-viable trisomy and one was lost at 5 weeks).  During those two years, I had been to two RE's and had done one round of Clomed and one round of injectables with IUI - none were successful and all the while my FSH levels continued to rise.  In the Fall of 2011, at the recommendation of my ob/gyn, I went to a new RE.  They are in New Jersey and their fertility rates are among the highest in the country.  The head doc there is a genius (albeit a bit eccentric).  While the other RE's immediately steered me toward donor egg, this doc knew that I wanted to use my own eggs and was willing to work with me.  Donor egg does provide the greatest chance for a pregnancy and healthy baby for women over a certain age; however, it is cost prohibitive and there are many moral issues to consider.   I am not passing judgement on anyone that has chosen this path, it just wasn't right for us.  Due to the partial molar pregnancy, I had to wait for my levels to go back to zero (under 5, really) before we coud begin tryng again.  During this time, I changed my diet and started back with yoga.  The diet I chose was low carb (6 servings of 5 - 20g/day) and low sugar (15 grams or less/day).  So I eat low sugar veggies, whole grains, high fiber, lean proteins (chicken, fish), low-fat dairy, nuts and seeds, etc..  I also started back to hot power yoga twice a week.  By the time I got the green light from my RE, my day 3 FSH levels had come down from 19 at their highest to 10.6 at their lowest.  I truly believe that my lifestyle changes had a lot to do with those results.  I felt great since my blood sugar levels were staying even throughout the day.  I did a cycle in December 2011 that was unsuccessful.  In January I did a cycle with a "boost" of injectables to get the follicle to the size they wanted it to be.  I also did an HcG shot.  Unfortunately, we did not get a positive PT.  Then in February, we did another "boost" and HcG with IUI.  Once they confirmed ovulation, I was started on progesterone.  And....SUCCESS!!!!!  At 46, I am 6 weeks along.  I am excited but also very nervous given the 4 previous miscarriages.  They have increased the progesterone as my levels were a bit low and so far so good.  As you can see, women in their ealy to mid-forties can get pregnant naturally (I did it four times).  While my periods were still like clockwork, I needed the help of an experienced, successful RE to "tweak" things a bit given some of the factors that can coincide with AMA.  I only wish I had found this doc two years ago.  For now, I am taking it one day at a time.  I have had to stop the hot yoga and have replaced it with a prenatal practice.  I am continuing with the diet.  I wish the best for all of you on this journey.
Very nervous.  I am 47 and had my first ob appt on monday.  Blood levels were low...hcg=234 and progesterone=8.9.  I went back on wed for another blood draw and am now waiting on results.  I was guessing I was 6 weeks along but I really don't remember date of last cycle (stopped keeping track when i didn't think i could get pregnant anymore).  I'm hoping my dates were off and the numbers doubled.  Anxious yet afraid to get phone call today.  This was a surprise but a very welcome one and I don't want to lose him/her!!!
I just turned 49 on March 19, 2012. After 26 years of marriage and 6 miscarriages, I got pregnant and gave birth to a gorgeous baby boy on August 6, 2011 at 7:24 pm. He weighed 9lbs 2oz and was 19 inches long.

What I am saying is that it is not impossible to become pregnant after 40. I had my first son at the age of 18 and this son at the age of 48!! Ladies please don't give up hope!!
I am amazed to have found this community of inspiring women!  My husband and I are soon turning 45, and several series of events in our lives have caused us to put off having a baby until what I thought was perhaps "too late".  I have never used birth control, but as someone else said - we don't have a great deal of sex, and we're happy as can be.  I get a lot of pain when I ovulate, so we probably haven't been very sexually active during that time, decreasing the odds of pregnancy anyway.  We just decided to "go for it" recently, and invested in a couple of bottles of red wine to help us along!  Do you really think it could happen?  I am very healthy, and always have been, I eat well and am not overweight at all.  I have periods regular as clock-work.  I can't believe there's this huge group of you talking about this!  I have to keep reading daily and will let you know what happens!  Pray for us!  Thank you!
My period was due 18th March last for five days,made love on the 17th March believe it or not I have been feeling sick for 3days also very gassy, I'm hungry every 2hours,The sickness feel's worse when I'm hungry and better after eatting.I don't no if am pregnant. Hope I am. Ladies don't give up.

you are so lucky! I still want another baby. I am 47 now and I think I am in peri-menopausal stage now.  I don't know if it is still possible.  I am not giving up hope though.
Hi I'm 47 and have two great kids, daughter 27 and son 26. I've been dating a wonderful guy that just 51 today(4/3/12) and he told me yesterday he wants our baby to have my smile! Well, I'm not pregnant and he doesn't have any children and has been saying he's too old for one now. So I was shocked when he said this and he went on to say he wants us to try. I'm thrilled and he seems excited. I have hypothyroidism and take replacement therapy so feel this is strike 2 whereas my age is strike 1. Since this am I have been checking out websites on everything from prenatals to late age pregnancies. I was getting discouraged, but this site and all these positive and uplifting comments have renewed my faith and hope. I feel what will be will be, but have my fingers and toes crossed just in case. I did have a Psychic tell me several years ago I would have another child, a girl, who was very excited about coming to earth and having me as her mom! I was married at the time and he had had the big V so no, I didn't take it seriously. She did tell me I would be divorced and meet someone else, a tall man, My new guy is 6'4 1/2"! So, we will see, but I'm excited just at the thought of trying, I feel 20 again and the thought of possibly giving this wonderful man the chance at being a father is making me very happy!

p.s. My daughter is a sweetheart and said she'd be thrilled to have a new sibling! Haven't asked my son yet.

Hi just wanted to tell my story, I'm 46 and 22 weeks pregnant naturally. This after 2 miscarriages. It's amazing as my partner and I were due to go for private treatment as we're told that my eggs were too old. Obviously I still have a way to go but I'm over half way now. So don't give up and be positive if you can. Xxxx

Hi I'm 47 and have two great kids, daughter 27 and son 26. I've been dating a wonderful guy that just 51 today(4/3/12) and he told me yesterday he wants our baby to have my smile! Well, I'm not pregnant and he's doesn't have any children and has been saying he's too old for one now. So I was shocked when he said this and he went on to say he wants us to try. I'm thrilled and he seems excited. I have hypothyroidism and take replacement therapy so feel this is strike 2 whereas my as is strike 1. Since this am I have been checking out websites on everything from prenatals to late age pregnancies. I was getting discouraged, but this site and all these positive and uplifting comments have renewed my faith and hope. I feel what will be will be, but have my fingers and toes crossed just in case. I did have a Psychic tell me I would have another child, a girl, who was very excited about coming to earth and having me as her mom! I was married at the time and he had had the big V so no, I didn't take it seriously. She did tell me I would be divorced and meet someone else, a tall man, My new guy is 6'4 1/2"! So, we will see, but I'm excited just aty the thought of trying, I feel 20 again! lol!!!!

Congratulations to you!  How wonderful to be so blessed!  
I think you should continue trying to have a child and not worry about your age or your husbands, if you are both healthy.  Children are God's gift and your maturity will only be a benefit to your new baby! I don't think you are selfish at all but that your current child that is against the idea is the one being selfish...perhaps this child is angry because he/she fears something...it's best to ask what that those "fear(s)" are and discuss them. I am 46...turning 47 in May 2012 and I still want children too so I understand your desire!  I disagree with shelldoll, with respect to her comment of statistical life spans...really, because not everyone falls into the average range, there are always outliers in statistics!  Besides no one can predict how much time that God has given you or your husband to live on earth!  There are people that die at youthful ages all the time so you can't really rely on statistics.  I say, go for it and be happy!  No one has the right to control your life...it's only between you, your husband and God!
My prayers and hugs for you! I hope you didn't get discouraged by some people's narrow minded perspectives!   If you haven't read the Christian Bible, Abraham and Sarah had a child well beyond their expected natural child bearing age...why?  Because that is what God ordained, so if it's meant to happen, it will! Keep trying...Blessings to you!
very positive comments, so glad I got to read and be inspired.I.ve had the sadness of losing a baby and I have a most wonderful 3yr old daughter who happens to have down's syndrome. I am trying 1 more time for another baby (I'm 42). It's both scary and exciting, thanks for giving hope x
so did you get preganant naturally or from the stored eggs?
hi really pleased to hear your good news did you fall naturally?
I am so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage at age 45 last year. Not expecting to get pregnant because of my age. I already have 4 boys ages 6-13. It is difficult no matter any way you lose a child. My friends have had miscarriages and family members, but, until you go through it, you just don't know how painful it is. Having another child will not bring back your son. I am so sorry and cannot imagine what it would be like. Just know, that you can still try and that it can be successful. Please stay strong especially if you want another baby. It will be difficult to raise that child if you are not mentally or emotionally happy. Just something to think about. Good luck and God bless you in your journey.....
Nothing is impossible for those that believe..god allows the strangest things to happen...this is his world and everything that dwells in it. I believe age has nothing to do with his will.
I sympathize with you. I lost my youngest son a year and a half ago. He was 19 yrs old. It tore at my 24 year marriage and unfortunately, we ended up divorcing. I am now 47 and with another younger man and wanting to try for another baby. Nothing can EVER replace my son , but I want to have another child. I have so much to give and am a wonderful mother. My partner is a little unsure since I would have to have my tubes untied and since I am older, my chances of becoming preganant and carrying to term is much lower. The cost of the reversal and the risk of a miscarriage don't bother me since I have faith in God and know that if it is meant to be, then it will happen.
If you want a 99% chance of success try this clinic. Ukcfa or CyprusIVF. Same clinic. My wife is now 48 and is nearly 39 weeks pregnant.   The cost is about $20k Usd.

Treatment can be started straight away.  I am personally glad we were able to find this clinic.

Good luck.
I am 45, 46 in June! Don't waste your time having a tubal reversal now, I spent 7800.00 for my tubal reversal and it was 100% successful, however it's the egg quality that counts and at our age there is no guarantee. I would move on to IVF, only because I've been through the last 2 years TTC and now I am 18 almost 19 weeks, Ive done it all and finally got pregnant but MC at 9 weeks, so after long hard discussion we decide don Frozen Donor Eggs and we are pregnant and Due in September!
Good luck, if you have any questions I'm here feel free to ask anything!
SSBD, Melanie
Hi just do you. Only you can live your life and don't worry about other peoples opinions. I am considering the same set of dilemas. I want to conceive a baby when I have grown children that critisize my choice to have another child. My youngest is 9 and she wants me to have a sibling for her. So forget the naysayers and haters and do what makes you happy.  By the way I am 46 years old.
HI I AM NEARLY 43 JUST COMPLETED A PREGNANCY TEST TODAY ON THE OFF CHANCE AS MY PERIOD WAS LATE TO FIND SITTING ON THE LOO IN SAINSBURIES THAT I AM PREGNANT MY SON IS NEARLY 16 AND MY FIRST LABOUR WAS TOUGH AND I FEEL ABSOLUTELY SCARED OF IT ALL MY AGE THE LABOUR EVERYTHING I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE PREGNANT AGAIN THOUGHT I WAS PASSED IT AND NOW DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR EVEN HOW I FEEL i would nt mind but sex life has even been regul;ar aslong as you have periods babies can still come along.
Im so glad to hear that another belives that the Almighty God will give what our heart desires....I myself had a tubal, July 16th will make 10yrs. that my tubes have been tied unless God has fulfilled HIS promise to me that this year with the return of my husband from Honduras be the year that we will have our baby girl. I have been running myself ragged trying to figure out if all the symptoms Im feeling are pregnancy symptoms, see I have had 8 kids and after the 8th I had a tubal, 9yrs later cycle ran concurrent, meaning have been reg until March 1, 2012. My husband returned Feb 13th 2012, my cycle came had came and gone for the month of course we have been very sexual active, cycle for March started on time 3/1 but was just spotting the same on 3/2 bleed regular 3/4 and 3/5 then stopped when normal I bleed for 5 days then off for 21 days so I expected to start again on the 26th but didn't start til Apr. 3rd spotted then for only 2 days bleed regular, have taken multiple test but all neg so believing God for Answered Prayer I hope to find out whats going on........Keep the Faith And God Bless  
My wife gave birth today to our baby boy. 39.1 weeks. 7lbs. Xxx good luck everyone.  
Yay, congratulations! What's his name?
Hugs, Melanie
Menopause shows a lot of the same symptoms of pregnancy. I was there when my mom went through it and now my mother inlaw is going through it. Its unlikely for you to be pregnant and.to keep coming up with negative tests ESP a blood test
OMG. I am so amazed how awesome God is. Thank you all for your comments & support. God truly gets ALL the glory. To help encourage us all; Let's remember when God promised Abraham a son. It took awhile for Abraham to receive it; but during that time Abraham kept his relationship with God. God DOES NOT LIE. If He promised us a baby, WE WILL receive it. We HAVE TO remain faithful in what we do for Him. I have a friend that waited 9 years for her daughter (my goddaughter). During that whole time she named her baby (Megan), bought her clothes & shoes to help her faith, Then she continually stated in faith "Megan come forth". Because of her faith, she received her baby, who’s 5; 6 in November. For me, God has told me to decorate my daughter's room (almost done). Yes, He granted my wish. My daughter name is Elizabeth Marie. God named her. I have gotten her some clothes, shoes, & other baby items. I have crocheted her a few blankets (one to come home from the hospital in/with a matching hat/a matching hat for me). I hand sewed her a quilt for her crib. This may seem a lot for a baby that's not in my womb yet. But God told me to do these things to strengthen my faith. I know my baby is coming. Every month when my period comes, instead of getting upset anymore; I pray to God for strength & thank Him for Elizabeth. He gives me strength every time. I pray for you guys to ask Him to strengthen your faith. Don't give up because Jesus can & will use you to encourage someone else. We ARE NOT in this alone. Be blessed.
this is a great site for anyone who wants to get pregnant naturally :) there is alot you can do to prepare yourself/body before you get pregnant so your body is ready for pregnancy, acupuncture is a great start but there are suppliments to take for egg health etc www.natural-fertitliy-info.  com (soaced out so it doesnt get xxx  out)  good luck to everyone :)
Hello

I hope its a baby and a healthy one as well, Pregnancys is not a disease at  your age. Wait and see what the good Lord wants for  you, Life is Precious and is  given by him.

I am a  widow and is  desperate to have a baby at  age 46 but  does not have a partner or in a relationship, My husband had a low sperm count and died of  prostate cancer 12  years ago.

You are truly an inspiring person. Your faith is amazing. I am 40 and have fibroid issues and wants to start a family soon. I am scared though but I know God has His plans for me.  I always have the fear but people like you really inspire me.
Thank you.
My faith comes from & through Jesus. It's because of my relationship with Him and I can't do ANYTHING without Him. There is so much I can tell about the things in my life He brought me through. My trust is in Him & Him only.
I love your honesty bout your sex drive whichI think is a lot more closer to the mark than people pretend, I had my first baby at 42, and tried once to conceive age 45 and hit the target first go sadly we lost the baby at 24 weeks due to Turners syndrome but this was not an age related syndrome, so I got pregnant first go age 45!!.
I  i don't think your being selfish at all.  It's your life. Did you tell them when to have their children.  Im 45 will be 46 on April 28.  We have decided to attempt.   to have a baby, my oldest daughter is 28 and has a 5 year old, my other daughter is 27 and has a 8 year old.  The oldest said go for it while the youngest said, no your not.  My advise do what you and your spouse want.Start eating healthy, take prenatal vitamins now, I wish you all the luck, and don't forget to pray.
You give me such hope! I am 47 (birthday on 3/19 - just like you!).I'm going thru IVF, about to start another cycle hopefully in the next 4 wks. Have been trying for 2-1/2 yrs w/ 1 chemical pregnancy and 1 ectopic back in August. Just found out today that my 28-yr-old sister is pregnant (unplanned). Happy to soon be an aunt, but depressed about my situation. You have truly made my day! Wishing you joy and blessings with your family!
Hi to all you lovely ladies

I am new to posting and forums so hope I have the protocol correct!

I got married at 40 and I conceived my first son at 41 and delivered at 42, he was conceived naturally too.  Fell so utterly in love with him that wanted another one as soon as I could.

Well conceived at 44 but miscarried at 7 weeks and then concieved again at 45 only to experience another heartbreaking miscarriage at 7 weeks.
At 46 I decided that with my son due to start school in Spetember 2012, I really needed to accept that I was blessed to have what I had and look forward to a little more freedom......Well god certainly heard the prayers I had whispered and the thanks I had given in advance for my blessings I am now at 46 and 5 months PREGNANT again - only 5 weeks and I know I have a long long way to go, but we were not really trying this time and I guess I had let go of trying to control it, this one feels very strong I have a lot of symptoms even this early on and somehow I  just feel like this little blessing will be a stayer.

Please all of you have faith in your prayers and as i did, then thank and praise God knowing your prayers have been answerered.  
Best wishes to you all in your quests it can be a very lonely journey, now all I need to get my head round is being 50 with a 3 year old!!!!

Wow!!!...I am soooo happy when I read how soooo many ladies are blessed over 45 with the possibility to be mom's !!....I feel u guys and know the ordeal...I will be 47 in June and it's a very long road...my husband is 29...and we have been trying now for 7 years...I wanted to share this with all those ladies still trying to conceive...KEEP BELIEVING!!...and remember God helps those who help THEMSELVES!!...so if it's IUI or IVF and it gives u the possibility to conceive..DO IT!!...
I DID!!!...did IVF may 16 2012....BETA done 30 April.....722!!!!!!
all I can say is THANKYOU GOD!!!!!
Michelle
Iam 46 and seven weeks pregnant, had light spotting and a UTI , very tired and worried-can i REALLY DO THIS?
How much is it? Im looking into this myself IVF ? I was told myself from GYN the same as you, and I am not given up. He said I need a fertility specialist, he gave me 100 mg of fertiliyy meds and i never tried the 100 mg so he said no not to take see a specilaist, I am not listening gonna take them next month. So I pray it works. How can he say to me not to try when i never tried it. Silly dr. I am 45 just turned it and i want a baby so bad. Just can't offord IVF it's so expensive, How much is it ? My Dr. is pissing me off wont even give me any more meds i only took them 2 times in 6 months passsed year.

I dont want to adopt. I want my own baby, my first if it happens. Im upset now about this. God only know's and i just pray it happens.

My fiance is 46. Im gonna try 100 mg of fertility meds 2 times and that is all, after that god only know's. Then i guess i need a specilist ya think ? My GYn said so. I need help becsue I am older.  waited to long. :(. well I pray every night for god to bring a baby into my life it's what we both want and need. Pray for me. My periods are normal every 23 to 24 days. So will see Im gonna try is all and what ever happens, will suck not to have a baby being with a man so long but i guess if so god wants that and i can't stop it. Help me ? Thanks
Is this a normal pregnancy? Or did you try IVF or any fertility meds. Im trying and thinking of taken 100 mg of fertlity meds i tried 50 mg for 7 months and nothing happened. So my Dr. Said i need help . Im not gonna give up , still trying and will start next month and the following. Not sure if it will work . I had them laying around and it cost us 100 dollors so not wasting our money. Dr. sad no i say yes . he thinks I should see a urologist. Do you think >? I cant offord Ivf and all that stuff right now. We want a baby so bad. Im with a great man for a very long time my soul mate. he is 46 Im 45. So what ever god brings Think i should try this? Also will stink if I cant have a baby I alos have a low egg count > Darn not gonna be easy correct? Please help
THX A,
Papsmear is a cancer test correct?
I just turned 45 on 4/4/12, have been married for 8 years, together for 12 and my husband is 10 years older.  My marriage hasn't been going all that great for the past year.  We still reside together but different bedrooms.  I have been actively dating someone for the past 5 months.  He is 39 and we have a great relationship.  We started off using protection but for the past month we have not used anything.  I have normal periods, no children but I have conceived before ending in miscarry.  I was really under the impression that after being with my husband for so long, I could no longer conceive.  I am currently 5 days late and have seen a very very light spotting.  Could I be pregnant?
I have 3 kids - 23, 20 and 2. 18.5 year gap between the 2 youngest.  I was 44 when I had my daughter (the boys are the 20-somethings).  The boys were a bit shocked (mostly because I think they didn't want to think that their parents still had - well - you know....)
My husband and I would LOVE to welcome another child into this world.  And, my OBGYN says that if we don't want another one, we need to consider birth control or else we probably will get pregnant again.  Good, I say!!  It's not easy - we tried for 2 years until we were pregnant with our youngest.  And, there are times we feel REALLY old chasing around a 2 yo.  Hahaha!  They have SO much energy - where do they get it???  But, it is possible.  Not easy but possible.  Good luck to all.  
Wow, what a lovely bunch of posts. :) I found this thread at random doing a little research into becoming preg at 45. Some of the posts here encourage me greatly and make me smile.

I'll be turning 45 at the end of this month and have a wonderful man in my life now. We talk often of having a baby and I so hope that I will still be able to. My periods are regular and typical so I am hoping this is a good indication of my current state of health.

Anyway, luck to all that are trying. I will begin trying in July. Blessings on all your mommy endeavors!
I know your post was back in January...but just wanted to say "amen" to what you wrote.  Please check out a Pastor  out of Australia named Nerida Walker.  She has written a book called "God's plan for Pregnancy" that has changed my life. This book takes you through the scriptures and will bless you beyond words. You can order the book through a website called www.gracehope.com-- God's timing was at the cross 2000 plus years ago....He made provision for your healing/your children at that time for "by His stripes you are healed"....a healthy, term pregnancy awaits you... abundant blessings my sister in Christ....PM
I thank God for your post, it really encouraged me. I plan on ordering that book to help increase my faith. Just this Sunday at Church I was on the Altar & God showed me a vision of me being pregnant. My 5 year old god-daughter (who is a prophet) told me a month or so ago it's time for me to have a baby. I TOTALLY BELIEVE GOD!!!
I am 48 with a 5 year old and a 19 year old, and Im struggling with the idea of having another baby, everything seems to be working well Im just worried about being the age I am.  Even though I feel like it is a positive good thing to do!

My partner is keen to let it happen if it is what I want, Im just unsure with the whole age issue, my body's health for the delivery etc, do you know of any resources or information about these topics?  

I was so happy to read your post, Mumof3lovelyboys, as I have felt so isolated with this problem as all my friends think Im crazy or I am too shy to talk with them about this.

Amumof2gorgeousboys
found out last november that i was pregnant was shocked but soon learned to love the idea found out at 13 week scan that baby had downs and i ended the pregnancy now live with the awful loss what are the chances of me getting pregnant again i am now 46 my youngest is 6 what words of wisdom can any one offer thanks for your time
The only 99% successful way of having a baby over the age of 45 is to consider donor Ivf.   We now have a 1 month old baby boy with my wife age 48. Try contacting this company UKCFA. They have a good success rate.
Hello.  I'm 45 & just started dating a man who is 35 & whom I've known for 3 yrs.  Both of us were just recently separated from our spouses & we feel we are suppose to be together.  We've both said that we are it for each other.  Our feelings are really strong.  He has 2 children, 7 & 2, but I have none.  He told me in the beginning of our relationship that he really wants a child with me.  He's had that feeling for a long time & I really feel the same about him.  I really believe that it was meant to be for us to get together & thinking about having a child with him is the greatest feeling.  He is the primary caregiver of his 2 children.  We just decided on this & hope it works.  I can relate to you & your situation in many ways.  Hope all goes well with you.
Please get checked ASAP for ovarian cancer.  You have many symptoms of this disease.  Please do not delay for even one day.
that's so rude of you to comment that way! why are you in this forum anyway if you are not here to support! bugger off!
Hi just wanted to add my support here - I had my last daughter at 46 years of age- a natural home waterbirth (my boys were 8 and 11 at the time - new relationship)..I was on LOWGI diet, v healthy and no toxins body 5 years prior - I am 50 in 4 months and still breatsfeeding my 3 1/2yr old daughter...I never say NEVER or CANT - stay healthy in body, mind and Spirit and know in mid 40's there is POSSIBILITY for conception and baby - if I ahd listened to Dr's I would have had No chance.....the words we speak with womben contribute to conception......all best maha al musa - Bellydance For Birth
I am 49 years old on June 6th, I have 4 children aged 27, 23, 6 and 3 and they were all concieved naturally. I believe that if you eat healthy, exercise and live a healthy life then it is possible to have children later in life. I just want to wish everyone the best of luck. I did miscarry 3 babies between my last  two children but I never gave up and my little Poppy Blue is a gift from god. Good luck everyone xx
Hi:

Can you give me more details of where this clinic is?   Please...  ***@****  I would truly truly apprciated!!
Hi, I am just reading your reply. I am praying for you to stay in faith. I know what it feels like to have ups & down. But I believe in what God promised me. He just recently told me to finish decorating my daughter's room. I have a few more things to do, such as paint the funiture, make curtains for her room, make a quilt for the bed (for decorating the bed), and paint little pictures on the walls. I better do it now before I get pregnant because I'm not going to want to do it then. I'm an going to love being pregnant. I may post pictures every week - lol. Be blessed.
I'm 46 and I've never had any children. Last year, about this time, I became pregnant because I believed all the "statistics" that you hear about, after age 45 impossible to become pregnant on your own, etc etc and I was a bit careless, ONCE. It was a chemical pregnancy, and ended very early, but it broke my heart. I wondered why I waited all these years and finally got pregnant and then God took it away. I understand now that it was God telling me I COULD get pregnant. It changed the way I looked at my life. I became pregnant again in January of this year, and again, another early miscarriage. I think I am pregnant a third time, after being careful but the condom broke (this has never happened to me, crazy...)---incredibly tired, craving dairy products and orange juice, exhausted for no reason, peeing all the time, and my breasts are freaking out :) I'm waiting to test until after I miss my period, which is scheduled to arrive in 3 days...but I do feel I am pregnant again. I've been tested for fertility and according to the test results, I should still be able to get pregnant. I'm proof that it CAN happen. Now I don't know if I can go full term but I've had a lot of women tell me "my sister, my mother, my friend..." all had babies at 44, 45, 46, 47 and they were healthy. Some people here have talked about healthy lifestyle changes and about two years before I got pregnant last year, I lost 80 pounds, changed my diet completely, and began running and dancing. I do believe that has something to do with being fertile or able to conceive. I hope this time the baby hangs on, and it's healthy. Good luck to everyone else here :) We are not statistics :)
Anything is possible, I'll be 50 in 3 months and just found out I'm pregnant with kid # 5..
Hi.

What an inspiring story, thanks for sharing it! I too turned 49 in March this year. I was pregnant twice when I was 20 but decided to abort because I was too young to be a mum - I thought. I am very sorry for that now. Studies and somewhat bad luck with men, made it difficult to decide to have a child for years after that. Met my man when I was 42. He has a son and did not want any more children. I pressed, he kind of gave in, but really he avoided having sex when I was ovulating. Every time I took this up he found an excuse and broke up just long enough to make me quit the subject. We are still together and I do care for him. So here I am childless and 49. I am very sorry I let him intimidate me to childlessness. My only chance is donor eggs now. I am in great shape, look younger than my age, have loads of energy, had low FSH for my age until recently at least, have regular periods. But now I am afraid a pregnancy at this age may be very tough on my body, against nature, may damage my health - not wise. Some of the stats are a bit scary...

So I wanted to ask: How did you experience pregancy at this age, was it much tougher than last time? Would you go for it if you were in my shoes? My decision, of course - I just wanted to hear your thoughts especially regarding carrying out the pregnancy. Thanks so much!!
Hi, I'm not sure if you are asking me? I just found out this week that I'm pregnant..at a few months from being 50, lets just say we are still in shock..my doctor told me that a natural pregnancy at my age is such a rare occurrence that their really isn't much of any statistics to go on and that in his 40 year career, he's never had a patient older than 45 that had a medical unassisted pregnancy without donor eggs ...I'm pretty sure the risks of miscarriage are over 50%? there just isn't much data to go on...we'll take it one day at a time..I run and work out every day, most people guess that I'm in my 30's and I feel good, however, I know my eggs are ancient and really surprised the sperm were able to penetrate it LOL I'm def feeling the full effects of pregnancy....
It makes me feel better to hear other women my age (46) or a little older also getting pregnant. There is a lot to consider, but I'm hoping to be able to deal with it all and have a healthy baby. I know the risks are great, but all the women I know who've had problems with conceiving, and having full term healthy babies, have mostly been in their 20s and 30s. I refuse to let the negativity and statistics prevent me from trying, at least until I know it's for sure not healthy...So who knows...
Artsmojo, just wondering how your scare has worked out for you.  I'm 47 and pretty much in the same boat at the moment.  Scared to freaking death, I could be pregnant.  Period is now two weeks late.  Took a home pregnancy test three days ago (14/6) after sex on 22/5 and 11/6, and it was negative, but still no period. Am just now waiting a few days to take another to hopefully clear my preg chances from sex on 11/6.  What are the chances for a 47 y-o woman who's never had children with a FSH of 16 to fall pregnant?  Will not be taking such a stupid risk again.
Did you find out if you're pregnant?  I've had HPT, urine test at the Dr and a blood test this week all negative, but still have increasing multiple symptoms of being pregnant. If I am, fine, but if I'm not, I agree, I'm too old (46) to go through this again. I'm going to ask for an IUD. I see my OB a week from this Tues. Hope they can tell me what's going on if I'm not pregnant, but I read all over the Internet about women not testing positive for sometimes months. We'll see...
Cyprus Ivf.  Or if you are in the uk try there agency UKCFA. Good luck.  
That makes it you opinion. Why would you want to bring these women down? They have enough odds against them without you adding to them.
I have to just stop....
I am 41 years old. I have a twenty two year old daughter. I got pregnant when I was 17 years and gave birth soon after my 18th birthday. I was young, sheltered and naive to what SEX was. My parents were VERY RELIGIOUS and Strict and when I came forth with the big news about my pregnancy it was horrible. I was told that I shamed the family, kicked out and told not to come back. I went from friends houses to sleeping in parks to living in a heroin house. I would take care of the children while the mother would get high for days and in exchange I could sleep , shower and eat . Days would go by without eating or showering . I would take care of the children but the mother would end up spending all her money on drugs leaving the children without food , electricity and water.  There would be days without food or water. This was not good for me and I found myself begging my parents to take me back. My Mother agreed to meet with me and explain the details of what I needed to do in order to return home.
Making a long story short , My mother made an appointment for surgery in order to get my tubes burnt and cut , which I found out later in life.  I was told this would be the only way and my punishment for becoming pregnant. Remembering back at that age, I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING. I WAS INSTRUCTED NOT TO LISTEN TO THE NURSE AS SHE ASKED QUESTIONS. NOT TO LISTEN TO THE VIDEOS THEY WOULD SHOW ME AND MAKE SURE I INSISTED I WANTED THE SURGERY DONE. My mother prepared me well and the surgery was done. I was 18 years old with one child and at that time I had no idea what I did but only cared that i was home. As I became older and learned about life and relationships and really the depth of what was done I became suicidal and depressed. I had been through relationships that became serious but never seemed to work out after they would find out I could no longer have kids. I cried myself to sleep for many years. At 29, I met my current husband and now its been 12 years and I desperately want to be pregnant . I am just so scared to find out that I couldn't do a tubal reversal. I did check into what type of tubal ligation was done after 10 years and was told it was cauterization and cut. Just wondering if anyone would know much about the chances of tubal reveral and especially my age. Thank you.
What a tragic story! My heart breaks for you and all the abuse you've suffered through. I'm sorry I don't know anything about the surgery that was performed on you. I just wanted to wish you luck and love. Most importantly I hope your spirit is whole now and that you can go forward in life knowing that the past does not dictate our future unless we let it. Big hugs to you.
What a tragic story indeed. I hope your child has been a consolation for you. I am not a doctor and I have limitted knowledge. But if I understand you correctly, the tubes were cut and cauterized, but the ovaries are intact and so is the womb. Even if you cannot do a tube reversal, you can still get pregnant with your own baby with the help of a fertility clinic. They extract oocytes from your ovaries with a thin syringe from your vagina, fertilize with your husband's sperm, and transfer the embryo in your womb where it will hopefully implant. This is normal IVF procedure. You are just 41 so you should have good chances still, just do not wait too long as your chances are halved for each year that goes after 40. Make an appointment with a good clinic and find out how they can help you. You can even do this in your natural cycle, with the one mature oocyte the body produces each month - so without medication. I wish you luck from the bottom of my heart!!!!
Thanks for the encouragment.  I am 43 turning 44 in August but am desiring to have another baby.  My husband 47 thinks we're late to think of having another baby. I have 3 ceasarean baby's the older will be turning 16 in December.
I just turned 50 on June 27th and my only son is 29.  My husband who I mariried five years ago is 40 now and we were trying to get pregnant until for those past five years and I finally gave up a few months ago and I stopped taking care of myself (including taking vitamins and picked up smoking again).  Now, this week on 7/5 my period should have arrived.  This isn't normal because I am the most punctual woman on earth with my cycle.  I am like clockwork and now I am having all these mixed emotions and don't know if its too way too early to know anything.  What has me worredi most is that I was so concerned about my folic acid intake and other vitamins and stopped taking care of myself and the risks of child defects for a pregnant woman of my age really scare me.  So now, I am almost wishing that I'm not pregnant because of that fear and yet, I am devastated that if I am in stead of being happy I am so worried about my baby's condition.  I haven't said anything to my husband yet and am going to give myself another week before I take a pregnancy test.  For now, I leave it, in God's hands.  
I don't want to sound negative and hope all goes well for you.
I had pregnancy symptons and 12 days after my missed cycle i got 3 days of light bleeding mostly when using the toilet and wiping. I took 5 home tests all negative.
today i went to the doctors because i have had continious abdominal cramps light.
Her reply to me was all the symptoms are the same as pregnancy but are hormonal because i am 48
Good luck
hi, i hope the outcome is a good one for you and your partner xx
I'm 45 and just found out I'm pregnant Naturally!!!  What a big surprise!!  My husband and I have been trying for 1 1/2 years.  This is my 2nd marriage (have 2 children with my 1st husband)  My husband is 5 years younger and really want a child of our own.  We've tried IUI a number of times but no success.  We didn't feel IVF was the right thing to do so what stop trying.  I'm scared to death but if this is what God has in His plan for our family then i must stay strong and put all my trust in Him.  
Yes, first pee of the morning is best. :-) Let us know!!
This is for all women who think they cannot conceive naturally because of infertility. There's a woman who gave birth to 4 children after her and her husband was diagnosed as infertile. See her story on this website: http://www.newlifeministries.org.au/. She has written a book called "God's plan for Pregnancy". Other websites are: http://www.neridawalker.com/about/about.html; http://www.godsplanforpregnancy.com/; http://www.hannahsvictory.com/. I plan on getting her book. I totally believe God. God told me months ago I could have been pregnant, but I did not have any faith. He CANNOT do anything with us if we don't have faith. If you don't have any faith, ask Him to give it to you or increase it. He did it for me. I now have faith and my daughter will be here in 2013. He does not have any favorites, so what He did for her, He can do for us. Stay encouraged. Most importantly, have total faith in God. He tells us in His Bible, there is NOTHING too hard for Him.
Nerida Walker testimony. Her and her husband was told by doctors he will never have children of his own because he was diagnosed as being sterile.

The Bible called those who were unable to conceive "barren". Today the terms "infertility" or "sterility" are used. While the terms may have changed, the pain and frustration felt through this painful journey has not.

Exodus 23:25-26 Worship the LORD your God, and His blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.

To Shaun (my husband) and I, this Scripture is not simply words on a page but living truth. Faith in that promise has meant that our children Kaitlin, Aidan, Aaron and Jesse could be born into the world. It is the power of God’s Word of truth that brought about what man declared an impossibility.

In January 1994, after several medical tests and examinations Shaun was diagnosed as being sterile. The tests concluded that he had a nonexistent sperm count and he was told that it was medically impossible for him to father a child. The only option offered to us was to have a child using sperm donation. But Shaun made a decision to reject the diagnosis because he knew it was God’s will for us to have our own biological children.

When Shaun came home and shared the diagnosis with me, at first I was devastated. All my hopes and dreams of becoming a mother were shattered. All I could hear in my mind were the words of the doctor that it was ‘medically impossible for us to have a child of our own.’ Shaun's body needed physical healing and my mindset and faith in God needed healing. I had often prayed in the past for healing from colds and sore throats and I would be healed. That seemed easy for me. But at first I couldn’t fathom the miracle that Shaun needed. In order for me to believe for our child I had to renew my mind with the Word of God.

Back then I had no idea that God had provided answers for me in this area in His Word until I came across the scripture in Exodus 23, which said that I would not miscarry or be barren. If I had not discovered this promise, I may have never known God’s will for my life. This scripture went straight to my heart and impacted me in a powerful way. I knew beyond doubt that it was the nature, character and will of God for me to have my own biological children! Through this scripture God showed me that our situation was not impossible. It revealed that an impossible situation for us was simply an opportunity for Him! I soon learnt to put my trust in what God said about me in His Word and not the words of the prognosis.

God’s Word had been planted like a seed of faith in both Shaun’s and my heart. From that time on it was up to us to water, feed and nurture the seed so it could grow. By faith we believed together that Jesus would bring life to what our circumstances said were dead.

When our doctor recommended more tests to find the cause of Shaun’s sterility, we decided to trust our judgment (we had prayed for wisdom) and chose not to follow through with the tests, but to trust solely in God’s Word. We continued to claim healing for Shaun’s body and thanked God for our child. During this time of growing in faith, our circumstances didn’t seem to change. However we supported each other in prayer, standing in agreement on God’s Word and speaking words of faith, not words of defeat. We chose to believe that what God said He would do He would actually do. And within six months, I became pregnant with our first child! When Shaun told our doctor the news, he wouldn’t believe it. He called Shaun into his office and after showing him again the results of the tests he said, ‘this is not your baby. It is impossible for you to father a child!’ Well, he was wrong! Nothing is impossible with God!

My testimony didn’t end there. I also faced adverse circumstances such as threatened miscarriages, an ectopic pregnancy and the threat of Downs’ syndrome but by placing my trust in God and His Word, I had four healthy children within four and a half years! I also took the Word (like medicine) into my pregnancies, births and postnatal period and was able to rise above these and other complications and experience healthy pregnancies, childbirth without trauma, complications or excruciating pain and enjoy the blessing of bringing forth a new life as well as the whole childbearing experience.

Hosea 4:6 says, ‘my people perish because of lack of knowledge.’ The main way we gain Godly knowledge for our life and also knowledge of God’s will for our life is through His Word. God is the creator of everything; He is also not a respecter of persons which means He doesn't show favouritism(Romans 2:11). So anyone who believes can receive from God’s Word. It is my heart’s desire that you will discover, through reading this book that absolutely nothing is impossible for those who believe. Jesus said when you know the truth it will set you free (John 8:32). Through the work He did on the cross, you can overcome any problem of barrenness, fertility challenge or any other complication throughout your pregnancy and birth and, like me, learn to walk in a spirit of victory.

Shaun and I use Scripture every time we pray now, because we have learned how powerful it is. My prayer is that as you develop your trust in God your relationship and understanding of Him will deepen. I also pray that you will receive revelation and knowledge from His Word regarding His plan for your children. However, do not simply read the Scriptures in this book but apply them to your life. Study, meditate and speak them over your circumstances to renew your mind because when you meditate on the promises of God, He will reveal his ‘good, pleasing and perfect will’ in your life (Romans 12:2).
How beautiful! you have really made my day. First and fore most i am so glad to have found this forum more so reading stories from women my age group. I am 46yrs old and trying to have my first baby. I got married last  November a testimony of God's faithfulness. I have a long one on that....it will take a long time. Its upon that manifestation of HIS love and MERCY that i now hold onto hope that HE will grant me a baby. I wanted for the right man from HIM and i do not see how HE can not meet the hearts of my desire.
I am having fertility problems that i never knew i would have because i always had very regular periods and could know when i was ovulating because that mucus was always there and on time! I just did not have a mate to get me pregnant. What is so ironic is in just the last 14months things have drastically changes to the point that i experience severe vaginal dryness for over 4months and nothing seemed to work. My periods started acting funny and worse still i am a diabetic and my sugar levels just went crazy.  It has just been a roller coaster of change and yet this is the time i would be enjoying my new first marriage.

Anyway,  there is some improvement in the situation and i owe it to prayer. I am not as dry and my sugar levels are stabilizing although just got my a1c  reading at 12.7% which is poor control yet on insulin. I also got my hormone profile readings that depressed me till i read this post and got revelation that WITH GOD EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE! I am going to use the scriptures on Exodus 23: 25-26 as affirmation that God will make me pregnant. My FSH cycle day 3 was at 25.5, Estrdiaal e2 is so low at less than 5.00pg/ml and LH of 7.15 mlul. My ObGY has prescribed clomifert(clomiphene citrate) 50mg one pill one day for 5 days. He said not to panic but all literature i was reading puts me in the pr-menopausal  phase and that chances of conceiving a low.  I am requesting that you become my prayer partner on this issue for God's healing and manifestation of children. Notice i said children. I will not limit him. My mother had a last born when she was 48yrs. That baby is now expecting twins in september! God is good and i pray that HE that is giving my sister twins will do the same for me. I hope i have not bored you but just want to to know your posting has been a blessing to  my soul and spirit. God bless. Maris.
I am 47 and have 2 gron kids ages 28 and 19, i have always had a regular period for abou the last 4 weeks i have been nauseated at different times during the day, smells really get to me now when they never did before. i had my tubes cut and burned 11 years ago so i never thought of being pregnant (lol i'm so afraid to even hope) my husband and i just got married and after separated lives for the last 20 years we got back together and mariied in October 2011. he never had children biut would make an awsome dad. we are even looking into foster parenting. i went to the dr. last week he did a pregnancy test and said stanger things have happened. I was done, now I'm really praying to God that I am pregnant. am I crazy or is it truly possable????????
I agree and am too know that my heavenly father is in control! i''ve missed my period after a month, have 3 grown kids already and i am nervous about having a newborn! I'm ok with it to but    i was also told 2 years ago that i have MS! I know i can be pregnant with this ms disease with no possibility of it being gone, no cure! So, my issue is i' am i being selfish with have a 4th baby already have 3 grown kids? If anyone can provide me with some assurance that this will work out the way the our heaveny father choses?
Pls advise,
Christine Shelton
Hi, I'm now 45 and a half, had my first son at 43 (got pregnant first try, perfect pregnancy and labour, no complications at all)... Then got pregnant twice in the last few months and had early miscarriages 5-6 weeks. Now planning to start Clomid to speed up process. I ovulate regularly every month, but we want to hurry due to my age...

Ladies, do not allow anyone to tell you when to have or not to have children. Children are born when they have to... My son is a glory of happiness and an endless source of joy to my husband and me, and I know we'll give him a sister/brother soon. Just keep trying if you feel the time is right for you to experience the fabulous gift of life!!
I like your attitude...
I totally support what you have said, unfortunately there are so many in our society, who set the agenda and groundrules for others for the time to do this in life,for no other reason other than wanting to feel that they have got it all, or to want to appear better, that have nothing to do with the Truth, or what can be and should be a fulfilled goal and dream for everyone! Who wants to, and would be good Parents. Why do ' Narrowminded Naysayers' think they have the right to tell everyone else when and how it should be! It happens when it happens! Some people have been waiting for decades.. for it to happen,and thank God we are made uniquley different, with different life paths, where sometimes through no fault of the person's, they have either not found the right partner,or have had to deal with other situations and problems in their lives, that have delayed or interferred with it happening at a certain age. If it is meant to be and God wants to give Children to a person/s, then shouldn't we be celebrating and praising that Miracle and Blessing for people who have all the love in the world to give their long awaited Children? I do not believe a time frame should be given, restricting people from fulfilling their hopes and dreams.
I say if you want Children, and it is possible, go for it! As there will be no more blessed and loved Child for those who understand what it is to wait and hope. And when others who do not want to share the same Joy that they have had with more their more mature parents, I would say is just mean. Life is for living, and enjoying and giving it all you have got, Whatever your age or stage of life, from what I have seen Mature parents do a great Job, who are stable and know who they are, what they believe, and have so much to give and teach their Children. It is when the planets align for each individual and when the time and conditions are right for each one at any age! people can be young and fit at 50 or old at 30, there are so many variables,No age is the perfect or right age, and no-one should think they have the right to set the rules for another, but encourage the gift of life into the world! praie to the encouragers and helpers of welcoming life, love and family to all!
Thank you for saying no one should tell a woman when she should or shouldn't have babies. I have 7 year old twins conceived with donor eggs. Their dad and I are divorced (he is 60) but work well as co-parents. We have high quality frozen embryos in storage and when making plans for them, he told me he would be open to our having more.  I am 47 now and am now considering having babies when I thought I was finished.  Part of me is thinking: who does this??  And the other part is very excited about possibly being blessed again.  I appreciate all the encouragement o. This board because I know in real life, I will be judged everywhere I go.
Amazing experience, thanks for sharing!!!
I'm 45 and no children, but for some reason I started feeling this desire for having a baby. Interesting, I'm sigle and not even in a relationship right now, but I keep praying for a miracle in my life. I have a very very healthy life style, which include eating healthy and I exercise a lot. I don't feel my age at all, I actually feel much younger than I felt when I was 20s. People guess my age aroung 28 to 32 haha - and I also have a very positive/young attitude in life. Thank God I'm  also blessed with good genetic. My grandmother, today 87 years old, had 19 children, and in her last pregnancy she was 49. So maybe I can still try it later on, or soon if I get the right father!
However, I'm okay if it doesn't happen to me, we can always adopt a child, there're so many everywhere in need of a home and love.
My hugs to all of you warriors in this process of getting pregnant at 40+. Be blessed!
thank you ,for your words of encourangment,Iam 40 years old and had my tubes tied at 25 ,I have two amazeing sons 16,and 17 throught a painfull divource. Iam married to a man who loves god, and so do I sometimes I think i need to wait on god and other times i want to go have my tubes revearsed.your so right god is faithfull and I thank jesus for provideing our needs.please pray for me for wisdom that god will lead our hearts to the right disicion
This is late to reply to your question. All I can say is that my aunt delivered her first baby at age 50 and her second at age 52. Both boys. Both conceived naturally and delivered vaginally. Go to a different doctor and avoid the age question if possible.
I am 47 and fell pregnant naturally and was excited about finally having a baby. Sadly the tests showed my foetus was also Trisomy 21, so I terminated. The whole thing has been extremely traumatic. Life is cruel. Somehow I have to accept I will never have a child and move on. I can't imagine ever feeling alright again because this grief feels so permanent.
Don't be too hopeful. I fell pregnant naturally at 47 and the tests showed the baby had downs syndrome. I terminated and the whole thing was extremely traumatic.
Adopt. After I had my four and realized that our children are nothing like ourselves anyway, and that a baby is just a baby and delightful, our family decided to add to the brood by adoption.
I am 47 I have 3 children  from my previous relationship but my husband have none i am believing God for baby and am positive about it
I wanted to put a PS on my previous message, regarding the age of a women/person to have a child. Of course, they must and should be over the age of consent, and past the flower of their youth, and of course believing that being young and unmarried, and falling pregnant, with an unplanned pregnancy or without having the support of stuctures of finances, emotional and practical help from other's,or the maturity to look after a child well is not the ideal situation either of course. However having said that, young mothers/parents can be good ones too. And I am sure people have their opinions about what is the optimum or preferred age and situation to have a child at and in. And it wouldn't be wise to go into it ignoring specific warnings, and facts that may apply to an individual, about a particular known health condition, or outcome if it is going to pose a risk to the child, or going into it completely blindfolded. However Miracles do happen and Dr's or generalised statistic's can be proven wrong. And not having a plan and ability to look after them well is not good either. And of course the preferred situation, being in a Committed Marriage with the biological Mother and Father, and a natural conception is considered the natural and right or best way for it to happen. So, just to put more clarification to my previous comments. However I believe we should tread softly, and be understanding, kind and compassionate and equally helpfull to other potential or actual parents, who are more mature, or who have been trying, as those who would dearly love to have their own Children, and have that same equal right to hope and try,and succeed, and as a society honour them, and be a helpful and encouraging Community, not making it hard for them to have the same help and infrastructure and Community acceptance and involvement to feel part of, as other's, and feel normal in it, not imposing judgements and critisizm's on those who for whatever reason haven't had them earlier, because the timing wasn't right or they were not ready, or weren't in a relationship, or the right one, or weren't able to, or the opportunity to have them earlier wasn't there, or hadn't presented itself yet. We need to be welcoming and loving and accepting to those parents and Children aswell, and not discriminate
Thank you for sharing your story. I am 45 yrs old myself and dating my boyfriend who is 32 years old for two years now. I recently became pregnant and miscarriage when 8 weeks old. I was shocked the way the doctors threated me like I was some old woman falling a part. The day I found out I was having a miscarriage one of the tech's shockingly ask "how did you get pregnant" because of my age. I just had my d & c and my boyfriend and I are not planning to use condoms and see what happens.
Layla
What a beautiful perspective baby bliss joy.  It truly touched my heart!

I'm 45 1/2 yrs old and very excited to see how many others are considering an after 40 pregnancy as well.  I too am very surprised at the degree of interest and thought I was relatively alone in my desire.  I'm very excited to report that I just completed an OTC Fetility test this morning on my Day 3 as directed and was pleasantly surprised to see a "NORMAL FSH" result.  My husband and I do not have our own biological children.  He has 1 biological from a FM and we have two precious Sheltie furkids.  We have a bit of a special story.  We reconnected after 20 years of different life paths in 2002 after both of our moms ironically passed away 2 months apart from each other in 2000.  We now say that our mom's got together in HEAVEN over a cup-of-tea and pulled a few Heavenly strings to encourage a very stubborn daughter to look up the man for whom she experienced her first crush.  He was 8 years older than I at the time so despite the chemistry that existed......ours lives diverged into different paths.  I ended up marrying a man that shared the same first name and same first initial in last name.  It took me 7 years to get out of that first marriage (long story).....and is associated with the Heavenly String Pulling, but as I mentioned, I married my childhood twinkle in 2003.  Both of our lives were at the proverbial fork in the road and we didn't have two nickels to rub between us but we had and have a very mature love and an absolutely wonderful partnership for which we feel very blessed.  My husband's son was 11 when we reconnected and unfortunately I have to state that my husband's ex has been text book worst case psycho which has caused great damage to husbands son and our relationship with him as she has done "everything" under the sun in attempts to destroy and interfer.  The son is now 21 and we have just been able to begin the rehabilitation process.  

During this last 10 years some of the things that I've had to endure from the "X" and society is....."How I don't have a right to an opinion....and I couldn't possibly know......" because YOUR (I'm) not a mother!!!
To say this is hurtful in an understatement.  I truly believe that one does not NEED to be a Mother to know the difference between right and wrong nor is the capacity of the HEART and LOVE only relegated to those that have given birth to children.

I personally take the responsibility of parenthood to the Nth degree and life's trials and tribulations have interfered with my willingness to bring a child into this world considering the various situations that GOD has called me to address.  Now at 45 1/2, I'm feeling a very different calling but I still think bringing a child into this very chaotic world should be a very deliberate act.  While there are no guaranty's in life, the responsibility of the Spiritual, Mental, and Physical well being of another Soul is to be considered on all levels of beingness.

Another interesting upcoming Variable that I'm currently assessing is this 2012 Repolarization that is to occur this December.  There are many schools of thought regarding possible outcomes but I can feel a very deep excitedness over the concept of becoming the Mother of a Soul Born of a New Age in Consciousness.  I haven't seen other posts yet discussing possibilities/potentialities/probabilities etc.

On the physical human side, there is a truth that I am 45 and my husband is 53 and we can certainly admit the physical differences between how we feel now and how we felt 20 years ago.  At the same time, the concept of having our own child excites me beyond containment and we are Spiritually and Emotionallly at very stable places in our lives to offer a wonderful childhood to a Soul of the Light of God.

So much to consider, so very interesting that despite western medicine generic opinion, I still have ***Quality*** players left in the Bullpen and I TOO agree that there is NOTHING beyond GOD and I've already lived and witnessed HIS Miracles in my Life many times.

I realize most of this is reflexive and there's not really a question here but I thought that my contribution could open additional interesting conversation.  Best regards to All and may ALL our HEARTS be Open to GOD's CALLINGS of US!!!!!!! (Seven for Heaven)
Im so overwhelmed and feel like Ive been on an emotional roller-coaster. The comments have been so helpful and I dont feel as alone as I was before I found this site.
Its lovely to hear all the comments, Im 45 and single, think Im the only single comment so far and wonder if I have the right to want to have a child, sometimes I feel so selfish and other times I just long so much for a child.

Ive wanted to wait for the right relationship but the longer I wait the older i get, so Ive made the decision to go it alone.
I believe in and trust God but I must trust this decision and believe that God is with me.

Im off to the doctors soon to start things rolling and see how things go, your prayers would be appreciated....thank you
Hi everyone. I have read your posts with tears in my eyes. I am 46 & was married for 10yrs. Tried to conceive during that time without any joy but never followed up with any doctors as to why. In 2000 I went through a bad divorce & was then on my own 3yrs.  Now with a wonderful guy & out of the blue conceived for the first time 3yrs ago. Was in so much surprise & disbelief that it had happened that when I subsequently miscarried at 2.5 mnths I didn't know what to do & wondered if it had actually happened. I have wanted to be a mum for so many yrs (my younger sister has 2 lovely children). Since then I have miscarried again twice, the last time at 3 mnths which was quite heartbreakingly emotional & resulted in floods of tears whenever I saw a young baby or pregnant woman for weeks afterwards, but I am still trying, still hoping, even though age and time are against me. Its especially difficult when 3 people I work with have become pregnant and had babies too. I felt extremely angry & upset & jealous inside which was so unlike me & the emotion is hard to deal with. The doctors & nurses who looked after me throughout the 3 miscarriages were wonderful & positive & supportive on every occasion & encouraged me to continue trying regardless of my age so I will carry on trying for now & hope that someone will smile on me & make my wish come true.
I think sueeee who posted July 30 is single also...single or not, we are all in th same boat.
Hi all. I wanted to join in. It is so great seeing I am not alone. Just gave birth to my first child at 44 earlier this year. Now we want a sibling. I am breasfeeding so not prepared to ttc right now. I will be 45-46 when I try for number 2. I went through IVF and used my own eggs with #1. Am I crazy to think I can do it again?
I am inspired by our comments as well. I have been dating a younger man after  divorcing several years ago. I believe I am where God intended me to be. We have been trying for pregnancy for 3 years, still trying, praying everyday, thank you for your inspiring story at age 49, I know I am not alone in this endeavor for pregnancy at our age. I wish you the best of luck and hold strong that this will happen.
I am in that same boat. My husband of 25 years died 4 years ago and 3 years ago I married a man that I'd known for 15 years. I would love to have a baby but every one that I talk to seems to be discouraging it at my age. I am 46 years old. I'm going to pray that we both get what we want. Good luck to you.
I'm about to be 47 in a month! Trying to to get pregnant for about 4 months now took clomid for 3 cycles and dhea also, now the 14 a week after ovulation I starting discharging very dark almost black blood not heavy not smelly and it last like a day and half. I've been feeling cramps on my lower part and my taste bud is not the same can't hardly sleep and getting legs cramps in the morning! Can I be pregnant  
ANything is possible.  The symptoms are what I had. Good luck n please come back to let us know!!!
Good for you!!!!! They say it's better to take it in the morning. FYI the pregnancy test at the 99cents stores work!. I am 36 and every time I used them they were right!! I work with Jewish orthodox women who have many children the more the better and they don't stop because of age or statistics they have faith! So have faith !!! Good luck!!!
You should get your progesterone checked. If it is low then this is why you will miscarry.  You need progesterone to carry the pregnancy.  I recommend a fertility specialist to help you.  Good luck!!
Conceiving isn't always the issue.  Having enough progesterone is.  I recommend seeing a fertility specialist and getting some bloodwork to check hormone levels.  They may be fluctuating due to your age.  Don't give up though. I am 51 and pregnant with donor eggs and DH sperm.  Very early but very happy.  Good luck!!
Hi I've just turned 48 and got an IVF with donor egg. I thought very positive about being pregnant as I had many symptoms but I also knew that it could be the meds. The donor was a young girl, 23 years old. The doctor transfer 6 2-day embryos in my uterus. I have just found out that it failed as I got a big negative two weeks after the transfer. I feel devastated from this and all the money spent for no results.
I want to try naturally but I did it in the past and it did not work. My doctor said that my uterus is in good condition for IVF so I don't know what went wrong.Please if anyone has some suggestions to what I can do. I live in North Africa and the doctors here are not as capable as in the USA and Europe. I want to recall that I went to India for the IVF
Viewing 201-400 comments: