Pregnancy 35+ Community
Ok ladies I got my bfp . now what?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Ok ladies I got my bfp . now what?

So I took the dollar test this am and I got a faint but darker than last time two lines. Followed it up with a first response. $11.00 what???? Lol. Anyway now  I seem to be cramping a bit. Kinda like I am about to start AF but not as bad. Af is actually due tomorrow fyi. I'm not really nervous but it seems like when I'm active I feel the cramping and at night. Anyone else have that? Any of my rienfs here have any updates?
I meant friends.
I had some mild cramping in the beginning. It wasn't nearly as strong as when my period is starting though. I was concerned because I didn't have this with my two previous pregnancies but my Dr told me it was normal and not to worry unless it became more intense and I started bleeding.
Coolbeans thanks for the input.
Period like cramps are very common - I had them off and on most of the first trimester - it your uterus expanding to make room for the baby.  I would not worry unless the cramps become severe or are accompanied by bleeding.

Congrats.
Yay!!!! Congratulations! In the beginning i had that to. In thw beginning the cramps would get a bot worse if i was exercising or doing house work but if i sat down for a few minutes it would stop. That was around 6 weeks...im almost at 10 weeks now and the cramping is a lot less now. I am so happy you got a bfp!! Did the first reaponse come up positive as well??
Try not 2 worry and enjoy ur pregnancy..... that's normal. Congrats!!
Thanks ladies. I'm trying to relax but now my back is killing me. Ahh the joys of pregnancy.But I am soo happy. Thanks ladies.
Yes the first response was positive. That's what made me believe it!: -)
I felt like AF was about to start for me too when i found out i was pregnant. Just a gentle tugging feeling down the sides.
Seems like since I got the confirmation, this back pain is kicking in double time.
Aww, congratulations! I am so happy for you and I'm so glad that you didn't give up :)
I thought for sure I was going to get my period and I even had spotting for a few weeks. But all was fine. The cramping can be the egg implanting, or the uterus growing. Just try to relax.......
I was spotting too. Right after sex I bled red then by the end of the day turned brown and then been spotting brown off and on for about a week. Then sometimes I go to the bathroom and wipe and I see light pink. I'm relaxing constantly.
That sounds like what happened to me. I think it was week 5-7ish. I phoned my obgyn and told them what was happening and I also got looked at, and they said it was normal for some woman. As long as you aren't having too much pain and bleeding. It felt like I had an achy ovary during that time as well, and it was just my uterus growing.
I wish you all the best on your pregnancy journey and that this baby sticks!
Thank you much!
so excited for you
Im going for my first regular apt on the 6th. I cant wait to see and hear everything.
Omg....you must keep us posted. I really had given up on ttc. I thought at 35 it couldn't happen but God is good. I just don't know how far along I am. According to my lmp I'm 4 weeks but I know I didn't get pregnant while on my period. But it was a really weird period too. Oh well.....guess I will fibd out during my first ultrasound.
OMG!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Please keep us posted. On a side note AF came today! I am happy as I really thought I was messed up from that miscarriage! When do you see the doctor? (((((((hugs))))))
Oh and yes,,It felt like AF was gonna start at any minute when I was pregnant. I too had a lot of cramping and low back pain.( My pregnancy was doomed from the get go so don't get scared~I had a lot of other issues (low progesterone and low rising HCG levels) along with my pregnancy. )But yes I spotted after we would have sex and I always had cramps and a pulling like sensation. My doc explained to me that was round ligament pain due to things growing and stretching. I have a low pain threshold so I felt everything! I am sooo happy and excited for you.
Was it EVERY time you had sex? How long did the spotting last?