Pregnancy 35+ Community
Poll: How far along were you when you had to get bigger pants or starte...

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Poll: How far along were you when you had to get bigger pants or started to show?

I started to pop out between 12 and 13 weeks.  I'm not ready for the maternity look yet but my regular pants either don't fit or barely fit and are uncomfortable.  I did the dreaded shopping at Motherhood and had the sales girl who was 12 tell me that she just wore gouchos and t-shirts until she was 6 months.  (Puke).  That would require me buying gouchos that fit so whats the difference.  I broke down and bought some maternity pants, very few were long enough.  The shirts I bought I can't seem to bring myself to wear yet because they scream "I'm pregnant and just can't wait to show it" which isn't true, I just have very little that fits!  I am now 14 weeks and resigned to the fact that I'm just going to wear what is comfortable and if I look to too far along for how many months I am too bad.  It just messes with your head though!!
Not that far along yet.. but wouldn't mind being bigger now.. I LOVE being Pregnant.. the whole growing belly.. glowing thing going on with pregnant women.. My husband says it's sexy..lol
i couldnt wait to wear and show off im pg!! montie just buy some of the empire style shirts that arent maternity. you can wear them for some time and then again after.  all the pants i find are too long lol.  i have been wearing them since early!  i remember not long ago that "is she pg or just like her cookies" look and im glad i passed that stage now lol.  my pic in my profile has my 26 week belly and this week i swear im larger!! i love it love it love it!!
try gettign the tummy sleeve from Motherhood it lets you wear your normal clothes unbuttoned and zipped and i wore alot of empire type shirts I had before PG but I'm now with Patty and Perty and LOVE the fact that I'm PG and My belly and love showing it off....I just wore a tighter fighting not PG tshirt today and man my belly looks big .....LOVE IT...unfortunaltely some of my other PG shirts are still tooo big and look frumpy...that look stinks
I am 16wks today and just bought maternity pants last weekend.  Before that, I was using the "tummy band" at leaste that is what I think it is called.  You can buy them at motherhood.. it is basically a band of material.. you zip you pants as far as you can, leave the button undone and use the band to cover it all up.  Then you put your shirt over that.  It worked really well, but it finally got to the point that I wasn't able to zip my pants very far, so it was time to move on to maternity pants.  I felt really silly at the store.. kinda like I was dressing up in mommy's clothes or like I was trying to be something I'm not.. but after wearing them for two days they really are comfortable.  I think I am also at the stage were I am getting bigger every couple of days so it was time.  I also considered buying regular clothes and getting the next size up, but then I would have to buy more stuff later, so I decided that wasn't a good idea.  I'm actually enjoying my baby belly.. for a while it just looked like I was getting a gut and I hated that...

FYI, the pants at JCPenny's are much longer..  Good luck to you!!  
i am just about 10 weeks and cant fit in anything..going shopping this weekend..but have been starving and puting on weight quick!
I'm seventeen weeks tomorrow - still don't think I'm showing much - but I started out large - big - plus sized - curvy whatever you want to call it - lol - I just call the skinny people minus sized - I look like I have a beer belly all below my belly button - weird - from the belly button up I don't think I look at all different - I am down to one pair of pants that fit - I do laundry frequently - and I think stores are just evil and discriminatory if they won't carry plus sized maternity clothes in their stores - but that is a rant from another thread - I can't wait to have a big belly where EVERYONE can look at me and tell - she's pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm ready to start wearing maternity clothes now and I don't care if it looks silly or not - lol - bring on the Cinnabons!
Renogirl, Mine is mostly the same way.  The upper part of my belly is only sticking out a little.. most of my belly is all below the belly button.
I'll be 14 weeks in 2 days and I'm already wearing maternity pants and jeans that I got from JC Penney.  They are SO comfortable.  I need to get some more though.
it sounds to me you don't like being or looking pregnant??? =/ hmmmm
I am with the girls......dammit! i went thru so much damn heartbreak to be preggy and now....I JUST WANNA SCREAM to the world I AM pregnant!! and yes! i wanna show my belly! and yes i CAN'T wait to have one!.....what's so wrong with that??? if they 'think'  oh...she just wishes she'd show by now...?? WHO GIVES two rats behinds???? yes....i wish....SO?? and i worked VERY hard to get pregnant! so......i guess my point is: show your belly off!! even if it's little...or big! you have a miracle in your womb!! THAT is what's important.....not what damn people is gonna say!!!

ok...im done......
I just don't get some people's thinking.....maybe i was so frustrated being infertile, that now that it's finally happening i just think everyone should cherrish their pregnancies just as much......lol