Pregnancy 35+ Community
Pregnancy after Ablation

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Pregnancy after Ablation

In March 2005 I had a D&C and endometrial ablation completed.  It was a success since I haven't had a period since then.  i and 46 years old.  I also only have one ovary.  I take Lisinoprel for high blood pressure, zoloft and Nexium.  I also have been having light hot flashes on and off for a couple of months.  My question is, what are my chances of becoming pregnant.
You're not trying to get pregnant are you? I'm sure you know what can happen to you if you do. As long as you've got a uterus and a working ovary and tube there is always that chance of getting pregnant.
I am also 46, and I've had two pregnancies in the last 6 months (without fertility treatments).  With the first one, I was told the chance of my becoming pregnant at age 45 was 1 in 200.  (The odds of miscarrying at 45 if a woman does become pregnant are about 75%.)  All of these odds get worse at 46.  I ovulate every month, have an FSH score that is on the high end of normal (so excellent for age 46), and no other health issues, and yet, just because of my age, my RE and ob-gyn have been really, really surprised by my  pregnancies.  I would say that in light of your not menstruating, one ovary, and your hot flashes, you are almost certainly not going to become pregnant unless you use donor eggs.  I can't tell by your post if that will be good or bad news to you, but I wish you the best!