Pregnancy 35+ Community
RH Negative

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

RH Negative

RH Negative Disease...I am RH Negative, my titer is low (1-4) and I have 2 children, sensitized with the 2nd, recent miscarriage in 2009, December. Will I need In Vitro if baby daddy is negative...will I have problems no matter what? I want more children, I am 36.
Ok, I don't know a lot about this, and you really do need to discuss this with your Dr. but as far as I know, being RH negative will not impact anything, providing you get the shot required.  My mom was RH negative, my dad positive. It happens all the time.  So I don't think that is a reason for IVF.  Lot's of couples have this.  Make sure your Dr. is aware, and they will ensure the proper precautions/treatments are give to you.  I don't think it means problems in the pregnancy at all.  And 36 is still relatively young.  I had my first child, naturally conceived, at 40, and am currently pregnant with my second, also naturally conceived, at 42.  Age means different things for everyone.
Ok..
I am RH negative. Its not a disease it has to do with your blood type. For instance im O- so my blood type is likely not to react well with my childrens if there father is of a different type. I am 30RH weeks pregnant with my 3rdchildrens child as long as u get your shot ull b fine.
Ok..
My RH factor is negative also, I have 3 children & got the serum at 7 months with all of them, I am pregnant with my 4th. (42) yrs old.
I think the problem is that she has already been sensitized (which is what the Rhogam shot is suppose to prevent, if I've understood this correctly). And if so, the shot will not work for future pregnancies. I thought I was O- during my last pregnancy and did a lot of research on this, since I had two miscarriages before then and had never received the Rhogam shot. Turned out I was O+ so not sure where I got that from...but either way, from what I've read, things get a LOT more complicated once you've become sensitized.

So, Boricuamorena, did you not receive the Rhogam shot with your previous pregnancies then?
Found this on the ***************** site:

"Once a woman develops antibodies, RhIg treatment does not help. A mother who is Rh sensitized will be checked during her pregnancy to see if the fetus is developing the condition.

The baby may be delivered on time, followed by a blood transfusion for the baby that will replace the diseased blood cells with healthy blood.

For more severe cases, the baby may be delivered early or given transfusions while in the mother's uterus."

Wow...guess I'm not allowed to mention the name of the website. Thought it was fine as long as I didn't use the URL. It's supposed to be the american pregnancy (in one word) site.