Pregnancy 35+ Community
Rasberry Red Leaf Tea During Pregnancy

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Rasberry Red Leaf Tea During Pregnancy

I don't know how many of you ladies believe drinking herbal teas in pregnancy are beneficial or not, but I just wanted to share this website with you.  I started drinking Raspberry Red Leaf Tea in the middle of my 3rd trimester.  This tea claims by midwives and health professionals to help women labor more effectively and less painful, due to an alkaloid called fragrine, which lends tone to the uterus, by strengthening the uterine wall.  It is also noted that this tea helps in the prevention of miscarriage, nausea, preterm birth, menstral cramps, and a few other things.  It warns or rather suggests to drink the tea after your 1st trimester.  I know alot of you may benefit from this, so I wanted to share.  In the 3rd trimester is when you drink the most, and strongest infusion, even up until your labor begins.  So, I thought I'd give it a try...google Rasberry Red leaf tea benefits, and also check out the website below...I buy the Traditional Medicinal Organic Caffiene Barand, about $5 for 16 tea bags.  
http://www.*****************.org/pregnancyhealth/herbaltea.html
So.....................................  I am guessing you decided to wait?!  Or did you give birth this morning and then come on to post about red leaf tea?  :)
Oh yes...I hurried off the delivery table to post this to my girls!   LOL  No, I decided to wait, I updated on my last post...I'll go in next week, unless something happens in the meantime.
Smart aleck!! lol.  Thanks for the tip, I am going to look into it.  Do you know if there are benefits second trimester as well?  
Good one Tator!!!!! Why this sounds like one powerful tea!! To bad I am not a tea drinker.

By the way Pam when you have new, news you start a new thread, duh!!!!!!! That way we still feel in the loop!!!!!
Amanda, the benefits are the same if you start the tea in your 2nd trimester.  You just increase the amount of tea you drink later into the 3rd trimester.  Smart aleck!

Rachel, sorry I've been posting all over this forum lately, I didn't want to start a new thread about "ME" again : )  like..."Marsha, Marsha, Marsha..."
I did have a holistic doctor tell me to start drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea when I became pregnant. She's known to be a good natural healer. They have it at our health food store and the cost is reasonable. I drank it a few times and then googled it to find that I perhaps should not be drinking it in the first trimester. It mentioned that it could cause  mild contractions but it also said that it really helped support the health of the uterus. And it did seem like it was more for ladies outside of their first trimester and really beneficial if you were getting ready for labor.

Also, she told me to take flaxseed oil, a tsp of molasses (for iron) and some form of amino acid.

So I ditched the tea out of concern for my early stage, love the flaxseed oil, think the amino acid is funny b/c it's basically protein like bodybuilders take and found out that blackstrap molasses is not really like some sweet syrup like I thought but bitter! I made molasses cookies but I'm sure that doesn't count!
when you are days from giving birth, we want to see lots of posts from you-  it is how it works!  :)
I believe heavily in herbal teas and their strength.  Red Rasberry Leaf is a great tea to prevent miscarriages and for an easier labor.
my naturopath has also recommended that i drink a cup of red raspberry leaf tea daily. sadly in my case i don't think it's going to help. but i think the advice is good nonetheless.