Pregnancy 35+ Community
Sex on O-day...yeah or nay?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Sex on O-day...yeah or nay?

I never imagined I would be one of those that worried about getting pregnant.  I have two children, now 13 and nearly 15 and it was so easy then.  I few years ago, I even donated eggs anonymously and my ovaries were so productive, I figured this time around when my new husband and I decided to try, I would be pregnant in no time.  We have sex every day, at least once.  We have been together 2 1/2 years and are still both madly in love.  In all fairness, we didn't start trying in earnest until April or May, but we stopped using protection in January.  We just got the results back from his doctor that his sperm count is at the bottom of normal (20 mill per ml) with reasonable motility and form.  His doctor recommended every other day a few days before and a few days after ovulation, a diet modification and a recheck in 10 weeks.

On Sunday, my LH rise occured (testing at least 2 times a day) and this am, I'm feeling a small pain in my left ovary, so I'm thinking today is O-day.  We didn't have sex yesterday, but we did this am before work.  Has anyone else been as aware of their cycles and had luck getting pregnant from sex on O-day?
I used those ovulation pee strips that help show when you are about to ovulate. I got pregnant in 5 months. I had problems getting pregnant for four years and then finally got pregnant unfortunately that pregnancy ended in a still born. I needed to keep trying and thats when i started using those strips. I think they worked for me. I too can feel when ive ovulated  but the strips confirmed everything for me.
I am not aware hardly of my cycles.. put i used a period app and i ovulated on the 10th of dec and we had sex that night and in 4 days i knew i was pregnant.... if you have sex too much its overwhelming and doesnt increase ur chances. We did every other day at least 5 days before and 4 days after then when ever we felt like it and it took only 2 months to get pregnant and i am not a very fertile person. Good luck. Its gunna take alot have a 13 and 15 year old!! Ur going to have to start alll over!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers