Pregnancy 35+ Community
So sick and miserable.

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

So sick and miserable.

I'm back. I haven't posted much because I almost feel guilty.  Everyone on here wants to be pregnant so bad and I am so grouchy, sick and depressed, I feel like I don't belong on this forum.  I know that once I feel better, I will be a new woman, but right now, I am so sick that I am unfunctionable.  I have missed so much work. All I do is lay in bed, puke my guts out and cry.  I have tried promethizine and Zofran and neither have helped.  I have had an IV and take benedryl and even though the doctor says it's fine, i feel guilty for taking it anyway.  I just get so miserable and sick that I become desperate.  I seem to get worse in the evenings.  I vomit until it's just stomach acid coming up.  I will still be vomiting at 10 at night just praying to fall asleep.  I am eleven weeks and praying that another week or so of this and then I'll turn a corner.  

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get through this. I was not like this my first two pregnancies. Oh, I have also tried Ginger tea.
Sorry you are having such trouble!!!  I had a co worker that did the same thing...she is a teacher and would run across the hall to the janitor's closet and lean over and puke in the trash can all day long!! The kids did not even notice after a while...  She got better by month 4.....
Gosh montie, I feel for you....I wish I knew more on the subject, to be able to offer you something that may help. The only thing I can suggest is ginger tablets, ( Blackmores ), or perhaps acupuncture?? I've never done it, but I have heard that it can offer some relief..There are even acupressure wrist bands that are made for sea sickness that may be worth a try??

Whatever you do, don't feel guilty..no one wants to feel like you do..and just keep in mind, you must be through the worst of it...
I am sorry you are feeling so bad.. I am 38 and 6 wk pg.. I have very bad indigestion and heartburn, which causes nausea.. I dont have it as bad as you, but I feel not so well myself... I keep hoping that it will change here in the next  6 weeks. All I can do is ly in the couch.... I feel so guilty , because I have no energy to get things done. So please know there are others that feel  your pain, it will get better, hang in there... I am too =)
I'm sorry you are feeling so ill.. you shouldn't feel guilty for how you feel...  everyones situation is different and we all have a right to our own experience.  I wish I had some advice for you, but the worst I've had is heartburn, sorry not trying to brag :)

Take care of yourself and that little peanut. I hope you start feeling better soon.

How far along are you?  
I had horrible morning sickness with my last two pregnancies.  My OB put me on Premesis - it is a Rx pre-natal that is specifically for women with morning sickness.  That, and I took a 1/2 dose Unisom before bed.  It is an anti-histamine.  I puked every day for 7 weeks straight before my MC at 14 weeks - without doing the Premesis and Unisom - it was horrible.  I feel your pain.  
sorry you are having such a rough go..it's hard when you feel so crappy.  I hope this passes for you very soon and we are glad you are here :O)