Pregnancy 35+ Community
Support group

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Support group

Anyone just considering pregnancy and over 35?  I'm 36 and have 3 kids already. Youngest is 6 and oldest is 14 but i remarried and my new husband really wants a baby. It would be very nice but i'm scared to death of all risks plus about having a hard pregnancy.  Anyone in similar situation?  Thx.
I am pregnant for the first time right now, 36 weeks 4 days, and am 36  years old. I was 35 when I got pregnant. I was told at 18 that I wouldn't be able to have children (I have PCOS) and when I was 33, the dr said that it might be possible if I took fertility drugs. I took Clomid for 3 months last year and on the third month taking it, I finally conceived. I was labeled high risk from the onset. I was 35 years old, have diabetes and  high blood pressure, am overweight,  and I only have one kidney. I have made it to 36 weeks now and have not had one single problem as was suspected. I am still treated as high risk and have ultrasounds every week as well as non-stress tests every week and will be induced in 16 days, but it was the best decision that I have ever made.
I am 37 and 29 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. I have 2 older children from my ex husband, and this is my new partner's first. I have honestly not had any dramas so far, i am still working and will try and get to 34 weeks or so before i do. For my age, i think this pregnancy has been quite a dream.
Im 34 years old and this is my first pregnancy as well as i also have (PCOS) and diabetes i tried and could never get pregnant i lost weight and got pregnant im 22 w today
Its my 3rd pregnancy. 1st from my husband. 2boys ftom my ex husband. I am 36
Its been different from the first 2 and trying on my body but i am sure its going to be worth ot holding my baby girl in june. Best of luck with ur decision
Thank you girls for your responses!!
I'm 36 and 9 weeks with my first.
Don't let the "over 35" thing scare you. It's just a generalization. Yes, there could be issues but there can be issues with any pregnancy. I am 36 and pregnant with my 3rd. (We have a 6yo and 2yo.) I thought for sure we were done after our last so it came as a little bit of a surprise but I am excited now. I currently am just about 8 weeks along. I had problems with my blood pressure with both of my prior pregnancies so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will be different. Only time will tell. Only good thing is that I am in a different place in my life now and there is way less stress. Everyone is different so don't let a generalized age get you worried. Plenty of women who are much older have babies that are totally healthy.
I'm almost38 years old inafew days I'll be 20 weeks.  iam high risk for many reasons.  age supposedly and health reasons. blood clot in my lega few times back fusion I've head total of3back surgeries.  i was told not to get pendant after fusion. it's tough the pain.   made it thru one since hang way thru second with age and many issues this one only thing that I've had is to go on neighbor for the morning sickness it's been so bad. good luck I'm sure you'll be fine :-D
I gave birth to a naturally conceived, healthy perfect baby boy one week before my 41st birthday. He just turned 3 last week and is a healthy toddler and the light of my life!  There are benefits to being an "older" mom, at least there are for me.  Best thing my husband and I ever did, and we have absolutely no regrets.  Best of luck to you.
I am in my first trimester and I'm 44.  Our first born is now 2. During that pregnancy I had no complications, it went beautifully.  (btw, I also have a 21yo). You'll be fine :)