Pregnancy 35+ Community
Swollen gland under arm...please help

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Swollen gland under arm...please help

I'm 17 weeks of pregnant and i have swollen gland under arm over 3 months.Ít's getting painful and not comfortable for me while im sleeping.Is it a normal? i'm 41 years old now.20 years ago i had my first child and i breastfed him until 1 years old, then i used ice cubes on my breast for dry up my milk. After 8 years i had my second child.In that time 1 month before my due i had swollen gland under arm as well.Unfortunatly  there wasn't  milk enough to feed my son.This time i had swollen gland i had very early which is 2 months of my pregnancy.Please help me! What should i do? I want to breastfeed this baby as well.i do know how important to breastfeed the baby.And i hope you can help me.
Is in in your arm pit?  I found a lump in my arm pit a little over a year ago.  I had a mammogram and saw a breast cancer surgeon.  He biopsied it and it came back as a benign fibroadenoma.  I have it monitored about every six months, however, I was scheduled to have it checked and possibly removed last month, but I was pregnant and cancelled the appointment.  Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage.  But, it was really sore when I was pregnant.  The hormones can make these tumors grow and be sore.  Now, that my hormones are dropping and I have lost all of my pregnancy symptoms, it isn't as sore.
Ur milk ducts can extend under your arms.  Mention it to ur dr and they will monitor it.  I had this during pregnancy number 3.  It turned out to be nothing and went away after birth.
I agree with the others.  It is probably nothing to be concerned about, but any lump at any time should be reported to your Dr.  All the best to you!