Pregnancy 35+ Community
TTC right after hysteroscopy/d&c?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

TTC right after hysteroscopy/d&c?

Hello ladies. I am scheduled for a hysteroscopy and d&c after a long year of many dr's visits. My story is so long I wouldnt want to bore you all with it unless you are interested. To make a long story short, I havent had a period since last year when I got pregnant. Pregnancy was unsuccessful.My cervix needs a little bit of tissue removed and then we have to go ahead to ttc after the procedure which is in a little less than 2 weeks.

Has anyone had a hysteroscopy for ttc and conceived right away?

The funny thing is I asked her, specifically, how soon can i try afterwards, she said, right away. I am shocked. I was expecting a small waiting period, but nope. We will be doing the dance asap. I am hoping we will conceive quickly and it will stick for 9 months. Last year we conceived on our first try.
Share your long stories here!  We are all here to learn from each other and to offer support.  :)

I didn't have a hysteroscopy, but did have a D&C in July and was also told that we could try right away.  Two weeks post-surgery, I started a month of BC pills to force a period and then clomid for ovulation.  So my cycle is back and no BFP yet, but hoping for one soon!

Good luck to you and I hope we both conceive quickly!!
I have not had a hysteroscopy either, but like Birds have had a D&C (twice actually). I was told to wait one cycle, but when I asked why was told it`s primarily because it`s easier for dating purposes.  Good luck to you!!!
I too had a d&c. I was almost 6 weeks pregnant but it stopped growing so they did a D&C. She told me to wait one cycle and then ttc. So good luck
I just had a D&C yesterday - I was almost 9 weeks pregnant, but the baby had stopped growing.  Due to my age (I'm 39) and my history of irregular cycles, I've scheduled an appointment with a fertility clinic for next week.

It's very encouraging to read that most women in this situation are encouraged to TTC so quickly after the procedure.  It's so good to feel hope again when you though there wasn't any left.

Best of luck to everyone!
It has been a long year + for me. My bf of 8 years got pregnant on our first cycle ttc. Needless to say we were ecstatic. I had horrible morning, noon and night sickness. I was dehydrated which took me to the emergency room once. They even gave me meds for it which seemed to help a little but did not ease the nausea. I went to the emergency room a second time and they discoverd my hcg levels were over 300,000 @ only 8 weeks. I was diagnosed with a partial molar pregnancy and I had a d&c the same night. After i had very little spotting. I had terrible pain after for weeks and that lead to another d&c 8 weeks later in november. I felt much better after the second d&c. I still had hcg in my blood and still felt pregnant, sleeping, cravings and a little nausea. I had to go in for weekly blood draws. At one point they wanted to start me on chemo (methotrexate to get rid of any remaining tissues which could be potentially cancerous). This was very scary, and thank God a little time passed before we made that move and my body resolved the issue without medication.

I eventually reached a HCG level of zero in January. However, no periods what so ever. I had cyclic pain every month. They put me on bc pills at least 3x , provera 2x to force a period which did not work. I had felt pain in my cervix and even felt a change in the tip of my cervix. The doctor thought I did not know what I was talking about. Its my body, i knew something was wrong with my cervix. After many testing/exams, ultra sounds, failed hsg, an MRI was done which revealed what i had felt all along, scar tissue in my cervix. Good news is everything else looked fine, (uterus, tubes, endometrium) So that all brings me to the point of a hsysteroscopy/d&c in 2 weeks.

It has been very stressful and now scary because my body hasnt been normal in over a year. So, we will be ttc right after the hyst if all goes well. Hoping, Wishing and Praying daily on it. I have learned so much over this time. I am also a member of the asherman's syndrome website and they are very informative and helpful.

Oh my goodness.  You have been through quite the ordeal...physically and emotionally.  I am so, so sorry.  

So glad to hear you will get this final bit taken care of.  You'll have a whole cheerleading team here hoping, praying and wishing right along with you!
I too am a member of the asherman's site.  I have learned soooo much on there, and am actually having surgery with Dr. March in Jan.   I only have 1 question, are you sure they are doing a dnc?  As per the ashermans site, they say not to have a dnc done because that's what caused the scarring.  Are you going to a a lister?  Please take it from me, I have has 2 surgeries with my RE's, to no avial hense the Dr. March surgery...the ironic thing is, I didnt even have ashermans, I have a septum uterus that was mistaken for ashermans, and it still hasn't been fixed correctly.  
Melissa(ohio) that's me : )   Kris71 on here is on ashermans also.  She had scarring in her cervix and had surgery with Dr. March also.
i just had a d&c on friday.. i was 10 weeks pregnant.. ended up i had a blighted ovum :(  
i had a natural miscarriage in august.. its been a rough 4 months ..
i'm 39 years old and hoping for another baby.. i have a 16 month old son . i want nothing more than to give him a sibling..
i'm a bit nervous that my time is up.. but i dont want to give up, and the dream of having a second baby.
i'm not sure when to try to conceive either...
part of me feels that we should wait a couple of cycles, but i've had another doctor tell me that i can try right after a first regular cycle.
i'm not sure what to believe.. i guess i just feel that my body should heal somehow.. but then again, if miscarriage is by bad eggs, then what is there to heal?
i wish you luck and i hope you get pregnant very soon..
i wish we all do! :)  good luck to everybody.