Pregnancy 35+ Community
Terrified!!! NEED inspirationa and encouraging stories!

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Hello, I am 43 years old and just found out I am pregnant for the 12th time. I have 7 living children here with me on earth and 4 children in Heaven. I lost my infant daughter, Harmony, to leukemia in March 2011. I also suffered the loss of a daughter at 20 weeks gestation due to turner's syndrome, the loss of a son due to a umbilical cord accident during birth and a son due to t18 at 24 weeks gestation. I have been through A LOT of grief and I am still grieving the loss of Harmony. I was trying to avoid pregnancy because of my fear of losing another child. I am looking for GOOD outcomes for moms over 43 that delivered healthy babies. I know that my risk for loss is great and I just don't know if my heart can take another loss right now. I need to hear positive stories from women that have brought home healthy babies in their 40s. I am so desperate right now and feeling so overwhelmed! Thank you for your help and support.
I will be standing there right with you Mommyof12, I am currently 26.5 weeks pregnant with my 5th child. I am 42 years old, and lost a baby Sept last year.. So far so good with my pregnancy, lot of aches and pains. I have high blood pressure and Gestational Diabetes. I am sure that there are many women our age out there who have had healthy babies.
I went to a grief counselor at my ob-gyn clinic, and it was so helpful.  You might ask your doctor if they have such a service.  It helps SO much to have someone to talk to after a loss or losses.
I wasn't 43, but was a week shy of 41 when I had my healthy beautiful son.  He too was naturally conceived, and I too had 5 angel babies before him.  I am 42 now and trying again.  I know it's scary, and after being through so much I can only imagine what you are going through.  Try to just take it day by day and celebrate each day.  I took it by milestones...first ultrasound, end of first trimester, etc., knowing that each day brought me closer to my goal.

I also agree wholeheartedly with Anniebrooke.  Dont' be afraid to reach out to a counselor.  I saw one for a while as I was very depressed at one point.  I still deal with anxiety, but thanks to all the help available out there, I am being treated.  You don't have to go through this alone.

Stay positive and stay strong.  And know many of us here understand and will do our best to support you.

Congrats on your pregnancy and remember - celebrate each and every day.  (((hugs)) to you.
Both of my grandmothers had their last child while in their 40's...long before we had the benefit of things like ultrasounds and other screening and diagnostic tools. Both of those children are still alive and in their mid 50's with children of their own.

My best wishes for you and I will keep you in my prayers. Find a really good OB (((hug)))

I am 40 and pregnant again with my second after 3 recent losses.  

Each child comes to us for a reason, even if they do become angels as we help them through their life plan.

Do reach out and talk to people who can support you.  Take joy also in your living children, as those who are angels can watch over you all.  Maybe Harmony has sent this new baby to ease your heartache.

It is increasingly common for women to have children in their 40s.  You are not alone.

Hugs.