Pregnancy 35+ Community
US shows yoke sac but no embryo

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

US shows yoke sac but no embryo

Hi, I am very scared after having my first US. I should be 7 weeks pregnant but my first US showed only a yoke sac inside the gestational sac, no embryo. Also showed a subchorionic hemmorage. My doctor took my blood and said that my hormone levels were good and then took blood again 48 hours later and said my hormones had increased, I think she was very surprised that this was the case. I have another US scheduled in 2 weeks.  In the meantime I have had a lot of brown spotting. I know that the hormones going up is a good thing but I can't imagine how it could be that I would be 7 weeks with no embryo. My last pregnancy they had no problem finding the embryo and the heartbeat at 7 weeks, and I know my cycle very well and I was very conciously trying to get pregnant so I know exactly when I was ovulating and conception could have only been one of two days so I could not have miscalculated my dates by so much. Does anyone know if the presence of the yoke sac is good? I know that it not being there would be really bad but does this mean there is something developing? Even if there is an embryo I worry that if it hasn't developed enough to see it then I will have other problems down the line. Has anyone come through something like this successfully?