Pregnancy 35+ Community
Very sad ;( about FSH.......

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Very sad ;( about FSH.......

Hi ladies, I posted this question on another thread, but I thought maybe someone here would know ;-/  
My CD3 FSH came back @ 10 & I just got a call tonight from my Re's nurse saying that my CD10 came back @ 15 ;(

My question is, I did 2 cycles on Gonal-F then rested one month & now did the CCCT, & I've read that these meds can change a true FSH?
My old RE didn't feel the need to do an FSH on me, I asked him & he told me that my andral (?) follies are a better indication of ovarian reserve than a FSH test would???
I guess every DR has a different protocall.....
I only have one ovary, which this too I've read & been told can effect the FSH blood level, but this RE said it really shouldn't.
I am just SOOOO SOOOOO sad right now about this.  I just don't know how much more of all this ttc I can handle.

The nurse wasn't very "sweet" either.  Not that I want her to lie to me, but I didn't think she was very comforting.

IDK, any insight or thoughts?  I would love to know

Tags: Sad, fsh, ovarian, ovary, TTC
  • high fsh level (3 replies):
    Does a high fsh level mean having a baby born with Downs...[more]
  • High FSH (7 replies):
    I am 34 years old and had an FSH level of 26, after the ...[more]
  • High FSH (10 replies):
    Last year, April 2007 at 42 I became pregnant. I was no...[more]
  • FSH level 10 (2 replies):
    I am 33 this month, and I had my first FSH test 2 weeks ...[more]
  • fsh lavel (1 replies):
    i m of 22 n married since 2010. my fsh level is 7.90 and...[more]
Gosh- sorry I can't be of help. I have never heard of Gonal-F. I just know that FSH is released by (possibly) your pituitary? so that your eggs will release. I though that higher levels were possible in us older ladies because our bodies are trying to release eggs- hence better chance of twins. Oh, I have no idea what having one ovary does to your FSH level ... sorry I can't help.

It can be sooooo aggravating. I feel for you.

Staff is sometimes not as nice as they can be. But I would still be kind- maybe no one else was to her that day/week/month.

And I just want to add - that you can't believe all the tests all the time- when in doubt have them retest. :)

Good Luck!
My FSH was 16 when I conceived my son, who is now 9 months old and I was 41 at delivery.
I took Follistim for one month (injectible - I think it is almost the same as Gonal-F). My RE told me that Follistim tricks your body into thinking you have a high FSH and that it works extra hard to produce more eggs. So I do think that while on Follistim my FSH may have measured differently than before. But my RE also told me that Follistim won't stay in your body very long. Did you ask your RE?
Thanks girls!  
Prevatt; was that taken on CD3 or CD10?  That is inspiring;)
& no, I have not yet spoken w/the RE, were supposed to do a phone consult.  He's an hour away & I really don't want to drive down there if all he's gonna tell me my eggs are old!
But I did do lots of little research, &I SHOULD still be good.  I was on Gonal-F in early July, & then the next cycle late July, took one month off & then did the CCCT w/clomid.
My old RE jus wasn't interested in doing the FSH on me, he evaluated via VUS back in April & in May & counted both times at least 9 (one ovary) resting follies, so that RE went by this, not FSH.  & In some of the research I did last night said that US was a much better indication of ovarian reserve that a FSH reading is.
I am feeling better about it today, when I was on Gonal-F I DID respond well & quickly, I O'd on CD12 & 11 which I don't think thats TOO early???
Thanks for your spport ;)
Good luck!

I responded well to Follistim and my follies were almost mature on CD10, so I got the trigger and probably O'd CD11 (CD12 at the latest). I'm 23 weeks pregnant - for the first time, so I definitely don't think that is too early.
Thanks for telling me this ;)  I don't think my eggies are maturing to early either, so it really bothered me the nurse told me this!
& a big CONGRATS ;)
My name is Ana, and I am 25 years old. I've been trying to conceive for almost 2 years, however, 2 months ago, I found out that my FSH was 150, and that I was going through menopause. Before trying ivf I took esteroid, estrogen, and progesterone for 2 months. My FSH level went from 150 to 95. I know that conceiving on my own is out of question, but for all of you with FSH under 20 I would say to give hormone treatment a try. Good luck to all of you!
These numbers don't look bad to me.  In fact, I think they're pretty good.  Your day 3 number is MUCH more important than the day 10.