Pregnancy 35+ Community
Very slight implantation spotting for a whole week, then period arrives...

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Very slight implantation spotting for a whole week, then period arrives?

Hi there. I am 37 years old TTC for 6 months now. I have never been pregnant except three months ago I had a chemical miscarriage that was confirmed by my doctor. Other than that, I have very regular cycles that are 31 days long. Every month I spot a drop with some cramping when I ovulate and then the next day my temp goes up. This past month I spotted a drop on CD19 and my temp went up above my coverline on CD21. For some reason this month, it took two days before my temp went up which is not normal for me. My husband and I had sex on CD17, CD18 and CD19. Then, on 3 DPO, I had one spot of watery light pink blood on the toilet paper, with very slight cramps that lasted about an hour in the afternoon. Then nothing for three days. On 6 DPO, I had the exact same thing, a watery pink spot on the toilet paper with cramping that lasted only about an hour or two. After ovulation, my temps have been well above my coverline (.5 degrees above my coverline on the highest days), except on 8 DPO, my temp dropped .75 of a degree way below my coverline, then went back up .6 of a degree the next day on 9 DPO. I thought that all of these signs pointed to implantation. However, ever since 8 DPO, I have had light pink spotting only on the toilet paper everyday once or twice a day, with cramping and back pain that increased as the days went by. HPT tests are all negative, I have taken numerous tests, even one this morning. I have had occasional nausea and fatigue, but I get this before my period every month anyway. Today is 11 DPO (CD31) for me, and my temperature dropped .4 of a degree this morning, hovering right around my coverline. This usually happens right around the start of my period. Now as of this morning my spotting is increasing. At first this morning it was very watery and still pink, but this afternoon it seems to be turning bright red with some brown instead of pink. Today is normally the day I would start spotting before my period begins tomorrow which I expect will arrive as usual. So my question is…couldn’t all of those signs last week have been implantation? Is it possible for my body to try to implant a fertilized egg for a whole week, then it never implants so it sheds it out? After I ovulate every month, I take over 50 mg of vitamin B6 and am seeing a doctor since I’ve been TTC. My doctor believes that my cycles and my leutal phase are fine. I was really thinking that this was the month, and I know it’s possible I could still be pregnant because today is only 11 DPO for me. But at this point, I have accepted the fact that my period will start tomorrow since my spotting has increased. Thank-you in advance for your help.
Implantation bleeding usually occurs 6 to 12 days after ovulation and last 1 or 2 days. try a pregnancy test on day 15 if you havent gotten your period. it is possible to of had a miscarriage since you said this was not normal for you but dont worry miscariages this early are common and most people start their period normally and dont even notice.