Pregnancy 35+ Community
What stage are you at?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

What stage are you at?

I am curious as to who is at what stage?  Are you currently pregnant?  If so, how far along are you, do you know if it's a boy or a girl? And if you don't mind, tell us your age as well.  Or are you currently ttc or in the 2ww?  Tell us something about yourself so we can all get to know each other a bit better.  I'll start -

I am 41 (will be 42 in January).  I have an 8 month old baby boy (a MedHelp baby!) and am currently ttc no. 2.  I am in the 2ww.  I am a Canadian, happily married and have been a member of MedHelp for almost 4 years now.  

Amanda
Good morning Amanda!

I'll be the first to respond.  :)  I just turned 39 and have an almost 2 1/2 year old daughter.  I nursed her for 13 months and my cycle never returned on its own.  I went on rounds of prometrium and BC pills to get a cycle back and finally ovulated and conceived the past May.  I had a D&C in mid-July after discovering that our baby tested positive for DS and had a very large cystic hygroma that had doubled in size.  the prognosis was not good and we were devastated, but knew that termination was the right choice for us.

We are back to square one and trying to get my cycle back together again!  I seem to be able to conceive fairly well, it's just getting my body to kick-start into gear that is the issue.  I hope this round does the trick.

I hope your 2 ww goes quickly and with a huge BFP!!!

Oh, and we live in Oregon and have been happily married for 4 years.

Marci
This is a great idea Amanda!! Im not really ttc or anything so I will just back but I wanted say say good idea:~)

Fingers crossed for your BFP!!!
im dana and may i never get pg again! lol  

amanda i cant wait for your tww to be over, when do you get to pee on a stick?? i miss sticks lol.  
im laura, 21 (22 in feb) and ttc number 2 :) maybe, just MAYBE 4 weeks gone. I had a very low hCG count with my daughter, she's two next week. im from northern ireland and with my bf over three years. i have taken tests but no + yet. I didn't find out i was having cleo until i was 8 weeks gone, 2 weeks prior  got negative blood and urine results at the hospital. i have every symptom, but no morning sickness,. just later in the day. my montgomery tubercules look like a rash they are that obvious, urinating more regularly, craving, smells and tastes effected, back pain, etc. i have had no implantation bleeding this time round and my legs have begun cramping badly the past three days. will not find out whats going on until my doctor is back next week. everything is the same it was with my last pregnancy, late for my regular period (only by a few days). i get pains mostly on my right side but my left side is catching up lol my mind is in over drive. xoxo
Tab and Dana...I personally think you each need to have 1 more.  I told Kelly that as well.  You all make such cute babies!!  

Marci, I am sorry you had to make what must have been a very very difficult decision.  Situations like that are never easy.  I wish you truckloads of SSBD!!  I too seem to conceive very easily...the running joke in our house is DH just has to walk by me in the hallway and look at me sexy and I'm pregnant..lol.  My problem has been carrying full term, but after 5 losses I got my beautiful amazing little boy.  It wasn't easy, but it was worth it!

Laura, welcome!  Ireland is one of those countries I am determined to visit one day.  I have heard it is incredibly beautiful.

I did give in and POAS this morning.  Problem is for me fmu is not always as concentrated as it should be...I am still up with Ryder a few times a night, especially with those teeth driving him crazy.  So I probably only held it about 3 or 4 hours.  I used a FRER and it was one of those "if you squint really hard and find the right light, it MIGHT be a BFP" lol.  Oh well, it entertains me..ha.  I will of course be trying again tomorrow morning.

Keep posting everyone...it's so great to really start to get to know each other!
I am 42, happily married with 3 children already, 19,15, and soon to be 9, I am currently 6 weeks pregnant after going through 2 m/c since April this year and am hoping for the best, I live in Georgia and was excited to see the over 35 forum, I am feeling a bit of a minority at my age, my husband is only just turned 30 and it seems like everyone else at the doctors office is 20-ish and thinking my DH is my son! LOL My oldest son is married and made me a grandmother 4 months ago to a beautiful grandson, Tannis.  I have PCOS and am not supposed to get pregnant easily but apparently that is not a problem with me, LOL.  I have been called Fertile Myrtle and Got it Granny for awhile now amongst my friends but I don't mind. :o)  Good to meet all of you!! Hopefully this little one will be the sticky bean and make it term, so the journey begins....

Shelia
Thank you for your kind comment. :)  It was a confusing time and I felt a lot of anger that couldn't be directed at anyone...but we are doing okay and have to move on!

OMG!  Well, maybe your husband "walked by you" just right!  :)  I sure hope so and can't wait to hear the next test results!!  lots of BFP thoughts for you!!  :)
Welcome and I'm glad you found us!!  

Hoping this is the sticky little bean for you!!  Don't pay attention to the others in the Dr office.  I know, I do the same and wonder if I am too old to try for #2.  where I work, there are a few partners who have 3 or 5 kids already in their teens...and it just makes me feel old!  
What a great idea Amanda...

My name is Angel I am 38, married with 3 children...and 2 angel babies....

I am TTC and in the 2ww at 9dpo....

I found medhelp in April with I had my first miscarriage...and I cant begin to explain how much the ladies here have helped me get through...

Welcome all new members and SSBD to everyone TTC
Hi...I'm a mother of a 5month old little boy who fills my life with endless joy every single minute! He's my life and often catch myself with a smile on my face for no reason and learning that you can never kiss a little baby too much.  
I am 34 and joined this community just cos I loved our Adgal's writing! (I love the person too.. not just her writing!)
I'm not TTC nor pregnant. Loved every minute of my pregnancy and wish I could be pregnant again soon!! But we are just taking some time as my husband needs a little time making some changes to his career.
My friends on MH has been there for me through thick and thin and I wish every one of you so much happiness in your lives!!!

P.S: Amanda..I hope get your BFP soon :)!
Suzanne - 37.  Pregnant at 34 weeks with baby #3.  This is my first boy!  I had 5 losses between baby 1 and 2 all between weeks 8 and 12.  
Hello Sheila and Angel!  Thanks for posting a bit of info.  Sheila, I know what you mean...at 41 most of my friends have grown children.  A few have their first grandchildren.  They all think we are crazy, but I refuse to let that get to me.  For the most part they are supportive though, otherwise I could not have them be a part of my life.  We all do this at the age right for us, not what others think we should.  I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy!!

Angel...my 2ww buddy.  Isn't the waiting the absolute worse?  Honestly, they truly do need to invent something that can tell us at moment of conception.  I HATE waiting..lol.

Ladybug!!!!  How is little Seth?  Isn't it the greatest thing ever?  I would probably be waiting a bit as well, but it took me almost 4 years to have Ryder, and well tick tock tick tock..lol.

For those of you posting who aren't pregnant or ttc, I hope you stick around anyway. The more the merrier, and info and support coming from those who have "been there, done that, got the t'shirt" is such a good thing.  It always makes me sad when people disappear on us!

I am glad to hear so many commenting on how helpful this site was for you.  It was for me too.  The women here really held my hand through the tough times, and it's so much fun to celebrate with each other with the success'.  There were many times I found the women here understood what I was going through much better then anyone in my "real life" could.  

SSBD to all trying!!
HI Suzanne...sorry I was posting at the same time you were, so missed it!

I am so sorry for your losses...I know how hard it is.  Congrats on being in that third trimester!  Won't be long now!!
Hello -

My name is Kathy - just turned 43 today and am ~ 26 weeks pregnant with my first child - a boy.  Put my career first, then decided to have a family, only to find out that I couldn't conceive.  After several years of trying, went thru IVF, got pregnant last year with twins (lost them both ~ 8 weeks, after strong heart beats were seen).  Went thru another round of IVF, and this time it worked.  I love every day of being pregnant and am glowing.

I was raised in the San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA where people get married in their 30's-40's and have kids late at this age.  I did move to far Northern CA about 10 years ago, where women are having their 4th and 5th child by the time they are 25-30, and are grandmothers by the time they are 40, so I definitely feel like an odd ball.  I am working to keep myself healthy and fit.

My goal would be to try for #2 about 6 months after this child is born - we'll see how much time and energy I will have, but I always dreamed of having 2 kids.

It's nice to get to know you all.

i'm jenna, 36 and currently 29 weeks pregnant with a baby girl (my first).  she was conceived via IVF after 7 years TTC and 3 m/c so we are incredibly excited to be in the third trimester.
we also want more than one child, but we will deal with that after we get this one here and enjoy her for a bit.
I'm Vicki I  am 41 from Australia. This will be my 5th pregnancy i am 5w/4d. I have a 21 20 17, and 9 year old. I have had a lot of negative feed back from relatives about my pregnancy. "Why would you want to do this at your age" and from my mother (with a few tears) " You were nearly free of kids why would you want to go and do this, now you can't do anythying". I was like ummm you can do  all sorts of things with a baby. Having a baby doesn't mean you drop out of life!
Hi Kathy.  I am so sorry for what you went through.  How heartbreaking.  I am so happy to hear you are doing so well this time around.  We are so lucky to live in a time where we have options like IVF.  Sounds like you might be a bit like me...I am trying for no 2 with an 8 month old..I know it will be tough, but I too very much want 2 children.  

Hi Jenna!  Congrats on your little girl.  It seems so many of us belong to the m/c club...one I wish there were no members of.  Third trimester is so exciting.  I loved all the kicks and movements.

Hello there Vicki!  I am sorry you are being faced with so much negativity.  I don't know why people react that way sometimes.  There are so many of us in our late 30's and 40's having babies.  My Co-Cl PamelaBee doesn't get on here as much anymore because she is so busy with her two kids...the second one born when she was 45!  There are lots of us!  Just ignore them.

HI, I am Rhonda.Im 36 years old. I live in sunny Florida. I am 37 weeks pregnant with my 2nd little girl.

Amanda- you seem like one of the kindest people in the world:)
I wish you and all the other ladies on this forum well in your pregnancy adventures!
Well I had to post even though Amanda is one of my besties here and knows all my business!!

I am Rachel! I will be ughhh....30 in April!

I have had a hard time with ttc, but was blessed twice! My oldest Cooper was born with HLHS and passed away when he was 7wks old. He forever changed my life! He blessed us with his little bro Cruz who is 14 months! That boy is the love of my life!

No plans to ttc yet, just enjoying my boy!

There are some strong women here! We should all hold our heads up with pride!
Hi Rhonda!  Congrats on being so close to meeting your little princess!  I am secretly hoping my next is a girl, although I will be happy no matter what.  Of course I suppose I need to get pregnant first..lol.  

Rachel...I love that you are still around.  Your one of my besties too (goooo team tramp stamp..lol).  You are so right, there are so many amazingly strong women here who have endured much.  That's why I keep on hanging around...I am so proud to call you and so many others here my friend!! XOXO

Hello All...  

My name is Raven and I am 49 years young. I live in Mesa AZ but was born and raised in IL.  I have been TTC for the last 3 years and believe I have been there 3 xs. I don't consider them miscarriages but the doctor called them sloughing off... I am "single" but have been with my friend and sperm donor for the 2 years. I keep telling myself I will quit when I am 48 and then I keep trying and then 49 and now telling myself I'll quit at 50 but if I don't get pregnant before then (April 2011) I'll probably keep trying until I am menopausal.

I found this website by accident and love the support that I have found here. Sometimes I wish that the site had a chat room because I would love that instant response... you would think I had patience having been trying for 2 years. I still have a hard time figuring out some of the abbreviations but am getting better. need to print out the list and keep it by my computer. I rarely use my computer to visit the forum but found it in a app for my iphone.

My family thinks I am crazy and and some of my friends do too but I don't care. I have wanted to have a baby since I was 16. NOW is the time. Tahnks again for all your support!!!
Just wanted to add that all of you who tell your success stories and come back to give support - THANK YOU!!
Hi I'm Tiffany and I'm 37 yrs old (will be 38 on Sunday Oct 10). My husband and I have been married for almost 5 yrs (anniversay Nov 12). We are 5 1/2 wks pregnant with our first baby.

We had been trying to conceive for 3 year and it finally happened for us.I am both exicted and frightened at the same time but I always try to stay positive.
some of you dont know me and might have been confused by my response, being a pregnancy forum and all lol.  i have 3 kids, my last being 4 months old.  it wasnt the pregnancy that causes me to say im done, its my wild 2 yr old!! lol  i have pics but you probably can only see them if you are friends with me, let me tell you that girl keeps my on my toes!  love all of them so much, but even if i wanted another someday dh would pass out and book a flight to the moon! haha

ive had one mc between my first and second.  my last baby has down syndrome and 5 weeks ago open heart surgery.  life is great, but busy ;)
Hey Raven!  Is that your real name or a screen name?  If that is your real name as far as I am concerned you win the award for the coolest name!!  I love it!  I am curious..have you met with an RE?  You don't always need to go as far as IVF, but sometimes there are minor things that can help you achieve your dream.  I think it is wonderful that you are still trying!!  I wish you lots of SSBD!

Hi Tiffany, and congrats on your pregnancy.  I know it can be frustrating when it takes that long, but it will be so worth it when you are holding that little one!  I wish you an easy and healthy pregnancy.

Dana is sort of my hero..lol.  She has a young teen, a 2 year old that I am completely convinced we are going to see in the movies someday (probably an academy award winner..lol) and now her sweet little Macy who has touched many of us here.  That little girl is a trooper and is so incredibly beautiful!  I still think she should have 1 more...lol.
I have been on this forum for almost a year, after I conceived my baby boy. I am French but have been living in the States for 19 years now. I have been living in Utah for 12 years (no, not a mormon), we stay here because we like the mountains.

I am 41, will be 42 next month. I have been married for over 6 years, we tried to conceive for 4 full years, 3 miscarriages until finally we got a successful pregnancy (naturally)! Benoit was born last May, he will be 5 months old next week and I am totally in love with this little boy!

Not sure if there will be a #2, I don't think we could afford an other baby right now (day care is so expensive!) and I travel a lot for my job so hubby ends up like a single father at times. I have always wanted 2 children so I am torn and I also really enjoy my time with Benoit alone, wish I could wait until he is 2 to make a decision but of course it would be much harder to get pregnant. We'll revisit the topic by the end of the year.

Good luck to all would be mothers!
Hi Everyone,

I am Australian, living in philippines for past 14 years.  I just turned 40.

I am single, but a very good friend is my donor.  I had my 20 mo daughter when I was 38, conceived very easily, but after a very difficult pregnancy.  She is indeed my miracle baby!  I had appendicitis and surgery, followed by severe amoebiasis when I was 3 months pregnant. She will know her father as "uncle", and he is also her Godfather.

I had been seriously trying for number two since my daughter was 1 year old.  After 6 months without success we moved to clomid, trigger, and IUI (3 failed cycles - though with 1 early miscarriage), then we moved to femara, trigger and IUI.  I was hoping to get pregnant before I turned 40.  I really thought the femara cycle hadn't worked as I had no symptoms at all.  Anyway, I got my BFP 1 day before my 40th birthday.  What a gift!  I have diabetes (on insulin), hypothyroid, and a pituitary adenoma which secretes prolactin (so I had to take a medication to suppress that in order to get pregnant). But all of these are manageable.

So I am now 9 weeks pregnant.  Feeling pretty good with only mild nausea in the evenings....  Hoping for a smooth and easy pregnancy.

I may try for 1 more baby after this one.  Starting when this one is 6 months old.  Will see.....  But that definitely will be the last!
Amanda,

Raven is a name given to me by a teacher and I go by it unless I am in my professional role...as I am a therapist and they have rules.. at least when I am working for someone else...

I have not seen a RE because the cost is currently prohibitive... $300.00 for the first appointment.. and then multi-tests costing 1500 or more before anything is really done...as you can tell I checked it out. Things are changing financially in my world and if I can get my non-profit up and running things will change big time.. I have yet to find an insurance company here that is willing to take this on at my age.. have gotten turned down by 3 at this time... so for right now i will just work at it naturally...

Thanks for SSBD cause I need it... and thanks for all you do!!!!

:  )

Raven
My turn!

I'm Australian, 37yrs old with 2 boys aged 10 and 7. I am currently 23 weeks pregnant with another boy (different father to the first) who has decided he doesn't support the pregnancy so I'm now on my own.

This pregnancy has been tough - had an NT of 8.4mm including septated cystic hygroma which only resolved a couple of weeks ago. At one stage I had a termination booked but changed my mind that morning based on results from the night before.

I've had  a CVS, Amnio, infection screening, genetics counselling, numerous ultrasounds, fetal echo and apart from the very obvious CH nothing else has shown up. Without any concrete diagnosis I just didn't feel I could terminate.  I have gone from a 10% chance of the baby being okay to 90% by hanging in there but it is still very much wait and see.

This has been the most difficult time of my life, going ahead with so much risk, a relationship break up and dealing with harassment from the baby's father at the same time. Living in a remote location with no family support I have felt very alone.

I arrived at this site whilst researching my situation and have been very grateful to those who have taken the time to provide the support I so desperately have needed and feel much stronger for it.

There are some amazing women here who have shown incredible strength and they remind me everyday to toughen up princess!
Hello my name is Lisa i am 40 years old and am 19 weeks and will deliver when i am 41. This is my fifth preganancy i currently have 4 boys 21,20,13,9 and people say i am crazy for having another baby but its my choice and my kids r my life and they r getting older and i wanted another baby. I also lost my mother this past January and before she dies she asked me to have her grand daughter. I take my next sonogram to see if its a boy or girl on Oct 15 wich is the day before her birthday. Wether this baby is a boy or girl i thank god for it everyday and that so far everything has gone very well. I would also like to thank rdh1981 (Rachel) because when i first found out i was pregnant i was 5 wks and they seen a sac but no yolk and told me i was having a tubal preg or a chemical preg and i found this site and posted my situation and she responded and she put my mind more at ease and told me not to worry about it what for a couple weeks and i did and when i went to my first doct appt my levels were very high and we even took a sonogram and heard the heart beat. Sometimes god sends us angels that we don't even know and i believe a couple of the ladies on here r angels thank you ladies i think you know who you r.
Hi my name is Cassie and I'm addicted to choco...oh wait...wrong thing LOL ;)

I'm 33, married for 11 years, I have 5 kids - 2 boys (6 & 2) and 3 girls (14, 7 & 4 wks) I also have 3 angel babies-1 was a 38 wk stillborn, the other two were lost at 9 wks and 5 wks.  

My youngest two are medhelp babies :)

I've been a member of medhelp since August 2007 and I'm a Community Leader for the Pregnancy 18-34 Forum.  

I have been fortunate that I have not had any major complications with my pregnancies with the exception of my first.  At 40 wks 3 days they discovered I had NO amniotic fluid left, she was breech and was small for her gestation age.  I delivered her by emergency c-section, she only weighed 4 lbs 15 oz and was 18 1/4" long.  I'm proud to say that she is now a very healthy 14 year old.  The rest of my pregnancies were delivered via VBAC.  
Hi, I'm Lisa and live in Ohio. Recently turned 43 and found this site when I became pregnant in April 2010 (by surprise).  Unfortunately had a miscarriage at 17weeks.  So trying again, due to my age was referred to the RE (again) have 2 daughters 14+16 conceived with fertility drugs and here I am doing it again.  Yikes.  Anyway we discovered I have Factor V Ledien disorder so when I am pregnant again will be taking daily Heparin injections to sustain the pregnancy.  So I am at the ready to ovulate stage, had U/S this am and 2 follicles just about ready, take my trigger shot tomorrow then TIC.  Wish me luck!!!
I just realized that my comment didnt make any sence, lol! You on the other hand Amanda are soooo funny!! There are days when I would love to have more and days I feel like I could pull my hair out. 4 kids is alot now days even though I really dont feel as if I have that many children, lol. I dont know if I could suffer through another first year all by myself:~( DH has never once woke up to change diapers or do feeding with any of our kids:~( But I do agree with you I think I make cute babies:~P So do you btw! When can you test???
hey lady...

i just had emilee in august....im not officially ttc but my husband and i are letting nature take its course

i just finished pumping almost 2 weeks ago and still no AF....its been 9 weeks since emi was born and no AF...will be taking a test at doc appt on monday to see

my husband and i would like 2 children close together in age and then we are done, done, done

good luck in the 2WW....do you remember brown eyed gurl...she is TTC again too...soo exciting...

when are you testing?
I am 35, have two lovely sons and happily married. We too have just decided to see if nature blesses us with a third child.
Okay...I'll play. I'm Tricia. Turned 42 in July. I had my tubes tied when my third child, Ian, was born in July 2009. As many of you know, he passed away from a brain tumor at eight weeks old. Through scrimping and saving and the generosity of many people (quite a few of them from this board!), I had tubal reversal surgery in February 2010. In April my HSG test showed that the one tube they could repair was blocked (the other tube was too damage by endometriosis to repair - and I didn't even know I had endometriosis). We stopped trying to get pregnant after that, and have been through some very rough times. After talking to some people who were also told they had blocked tubes but went on to conceive, I convinced my husband last month to start trying to get pregnant again. He's been working out of town, so it hasn't worked out too well. But, this month, we BD'd on Monday and I ovulated on Thursday last week. So, I suppose - if miracles can happen - pregnancy is a possibility. So, right now I'm in my TWW.
Hi! I'm 36 and I have 4 children, aged 13 (girl), 12, 8 & 6 weeks (boys). My daughter is autistic while my boys are not. Unusual since autism is so much more common in boys. I'm not planning on having any more children but I do love this board! Good Luck to all those TTC.
Wow, this is great!!  Thanks so much all...there are so many new members and so many that have been around a very long time!!  Potential first time mom's and some that are having babies after a very long break!!  It's so great to see everyone here.  There truly are so many strong women here...so many heartbreaks and so many that have beaten the odds.  I feel so lucky to have met you all!!  
I'm Tammy. Turned 38 in August and after a year of tcc, I am 21 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Just completed all genetic tests and had negative results, so that was a huge relief. Decided to wait on gender. The results are sealed and hidden away somewhere in my house. Excited but nervous. Seems the more I learn, the more I realize I have to learn. This forum has been such a help on so many different occasions!
Oh.... I live in Houston and got my BFP as a result of IVF after 4 failed IUIs.
Hmm, I'll chime in, just because :)  I'm Kellie, and I have 3 med help babies :0)  ......4, 2 & almost 11 mo's.  I'm 37 and I'm getting antsy, LOL.... My dh and I haven't said specifically yes or no to #4 but I find myself lurking here again, ha ha..  I haven't had my first AF so I thought if it happens it happens??  Still bfing with no supplementing... One one hand it's exciting but on the other it's scary...
So nice to see updates on the old friends & learn about the new ones...
Dana, miss the POAS days and congrats on your new bundle! I'm going to have to friend you, was surprised when I saw we weren't friends..
Amanda & Tricia, GOOD LUCK!!
Rachel, HUH, I would love to be 30
Cassie, nice to see you...
Wow, brown eyed girl (brandy right?) what is she up to?? I'm going to keep it on the DL, but I'll be lurking !!!!
Hi, I am Suzanne and I am 36.  I have 1 medhelp baby (2 year old boy) born after our 4th IUI and am currently 25 weeks pregnant with a baby boy (after our 3rd IUI).  I have been a member since April or May 2007 and am so thankful for the support I have found here.  I think we will be done after this-if we ever feel the need to add a girl, I think we will adopt-much more of a 100% chance to get a girl...but I fully expect to have my hands full with 2 boys.  Our 2 year old is in the trenches of terrible twos and it makes me question my sanity on having another...but I digress...My husband is in the Air Force and so I am a single parent much of the time.  We live near Seattle WA.
I am 37 with a 2 year old medhelp baby... I am "done"  ttc  :(  but want another baby so who knows....  

I have 3 girls 14, 8 and 2 .  I also have 2 baby angels (I like to think they were the boys I always wanted and I will get to know them in heaven but I don't know if they were boys or girls)

My dh is a laid off architect that has gone back to school for his masters, I am an elementary school teacher.  

I love being pg and ttc so I stay on here to live vicariously through you all!
you are right about brown eyed gurl...i still talk to her on the phone about once a week....her twins are so big...i hear them always talking or screaming in the background....i hope she gets her BFP this cycle...its her frist cycle TTC

i am waiting for AF to arrive since having my daughter....i believe we are going to try for #3 and then we are done done done....we are TTC right away because we want the kids close in age and personally i want to get it over with (the sleepness nights) right away then have a tease of a year of sleep and then back to the beginning....
So great to see some of the people that were around when I first started coming here posting as well.  

This thread is great...thanks for posting!!
I'm out this month. AF arrive on thanksgiving :( Hubby has decided he really want's us to "try" now. I was quite happy to let nature take it's course (or not) in a more relaxed manner, now that he has decided this I am glad I had been tracking my cycles for the last three months!
Aww, sorry about AF.  Looks like we are cycle buddies...I'm cd4, so just a day ahead of you I think.  GL next one!!  (We were doing the "let nature take it's course as well, but last month starting getting a bit more aggressive about things..lol)
I am 5 weeks and super excited! So glad I have all you MH ladies to share this experience with.
I'm 43 years old and 13 weeks pregnant.    I have a wonderful 9 y/o girl from a previous marriage and my current dh has no children.    We've been trying ever since we got married, about a year and a half ago.   Started using fertility meds about a year ago and got pg right away.    M/C'd the first baby immediately.   Beta numbers never doubled right from the beginning.    Got pg again 3 months later and made it thru beta numbers doubling, but they were low.   At 7, 8 and 9 weeks there was no heartbeat, so we decided to take medication to induce m/c.  

Finally after many cysts and problems and on b/c, off b/c, we had finally reached the end of our rope and decided that our current month was the last month of trying.   This was changing me into a mean and depressed person.    Believe it or not, I got pg that month and so far everything has been exactly textbook.   Beta numbers were high right off the bat, more than doubled every day, then the heartbeat was great and baby measured exactly on every single u/s.   CVS testing was done at 10 weeks 6 days and found out we are having a healthy little boy.    We couldn't feel more blessed or be more happy.    

Some days feel so dark and depressing on this ttc road, but having my medhelp friends has turned this into an incredible experience and I'm so happy for each and every one of you.

Not a day goes by right now that I'm not reminded of how blessed and lucky I am, and I literally thank god everyday, but I also worry about every little thing and continually hope that this pregnancy is progressing.
My name is Elaine, I'm 35 years old and 22 weeks pregnant. I live in PEI on the east coast of Canada.  I've always wanted children but it was not possible during my first marriage.  He has a vas during his first marriage.  We did try for a reversal but it didn't work.  Now, I'm glad it didn't.  Our marriage ended as a result of his drinking.  My ex always told me that I was selfish for wanting children.  Easily said for him since he had a daughter of his own already.

I am now engaged to a wonderful man named Kevin.  He's only 34 but has a 10 year old son who he has sole custody of.   I was actually on birth control when I got pregnant but I have not regretted getting pregnant for a moment as I've always wanted children.   I was going to wait until next year when we were married to try, it just got bumped up a little.  

I've had two ultrasounds but here on PEI, they will not tell you the sex of the baby.  I have an appointment on November 9th to find out.  Here on the island, you have to pay to find out, nice eh.  Anyways, $125 and then at least I'll know.  I think it's a boy. Only time will tell for sure.

One thing I've learned during the past 10 years of my life, don't settle.  I tried to make my previous marriage work for way too long.  Luckily, I had the guts to get out and try for a shot at happiness.  I'll be paying for it for the next 20 years (financially) but I haven't regretted it for a moment.  So for anyone out there in a similar situation, it does get better.  
Hi Amanda,  I'm sure you don't remember me but I remember you from a couple years ago when I was pregnant with my dd.  I think I had a different username because I couldn't remember my password this time around and had to create a new name!  BAck then I posted here and there but you were amazing.  I really appreciated all of your support for all the ladies on the forum, and here you are at it again!

Thanks for starting this thread!  I am joining late but hope I will be staying for a while:)

I had my FET on October 7th and just got a beta of 169 yesterday, which nurse said is good.  Next beta tomorrow.

I'm 42 but they implanted two embryos that had been frozen when I was 38 years old.  They are with donor sperm (it was before I met my husband) so it's a little strange for me still, but we are nonetheless praying for a positive outcome!

I have one daughter who is 21 months who was conceived naturally and easily when I was 39yo.  She is the light of our lives!  
PS - what's the latest??? You must be done with your 2ww????
I am so glad to see everyone posting on here.  I see many names I recognize and lot's of newcomers as well!  It's so great for us all to get a chance to know each other, especially for a "lifer" like me..lol.

Oh yeah, I never updated..lol.  I am now on CD 12 of next cycle.  I was BFN.  I am a bit stressed right now because last month I got a positive OPK CD 12, then AF started CD 23 (I am normally 28 days, or have been since AF came back post partum).  Today still negative OPK and absolutely not a trace of EWCM, so of course I start worrying I am not going to ovulate this month.  I know my cycles can still be messed up post partum, but I hate it when my body does not co operate with me..lol.  

Alli, congrats on pregnancy no. 2!!  Great news!  Another MH baby..yay!!  What was your user name before?
Thanks for the congrats, and I'm sorry you got a BFN...hopefully this cycle will be the one!!  Do you ovulate every month normally?

My name previously was allip68.  Does it ring any bells?  I was only on MD a lot for my first trimester and then my husband convinced me to give up my addiction ;)  We also had a lot going on the rest of hte pregnancy - moving etc. - so not enough time!