Pregnancy 35+ Community
Worried because lines are getting lighter

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I just turned 37 and do not have any children.  I had a mc last November and I've been pretty hyper since I got a positive result last week so I have been testing daily with those cheap dip sticks (I know everyone says not to but I cannot seem to help myself).  The second line wasn't getting any darker and today it barely showed up at all so I did a more expensive First Response test and the second line is barely there.  When I tested last week it came up much darker on that test.  I am still having some pregnancy symptoms but couldn't sleep last night and haven't had an appetite for about 3 days but no nausea.  Does this mean that I am losing the baby?  I went in for a blood test today and hopefully will hear something tomorrow but I'm already prepared for the worst.   Does anyone have any experience with this and did it mean that you were going to mc?
I had this happen, it was because I was taking the test at random times in the day. As someone else posted take in the am with first pee.

Please also look online and talk with your doc about progesterone cream. I had to use it with all my pregnancies to help prevent mc. I used emerita this last time you can find it on amazon. I am 37 weeks now and at first forgot about it and quickly remembered when I had spotting at a couple weeks.  I used it till the placenta took over 17-18 weeks but some women use it till 37-38 weeks. I have needed this extra help with each of my pregnancies. Best wishes.
Therws a test out there that says "yes" or "no"...cantget clearer than that.  Also, try to test in the morning.  Good luck...hope its a yes:)
The blood test is for hcg and usually in early pregnancy it doubles every 48-72 hours, so probably your doctor will do a second blood draw and if your hcg levels go up then that is the best sign you can have this early.  

I was super anxious in early pregnancy and still largely am at 25 weeks!  So sorry about your m/c, it is understandable that you are worried now.  Best wishes.
You need to go to the Dr so they can check your levels. They should be doubling. The pregnancy test detects the hormone but doesn't tell you if its going up.

Thanks everyone.  I had been testing first thing in the morning with my first urine.  I woke up today with bleeding and cramping so I guess that answers my question.  I had blood drawn yesterday but I'm certain that this is a mc now.  Thanks for your input, congratulations and best of luck with your pregnancies!
Sorry to hear that. Don't give up! Check out that progesterone cream.
You can start using it once your bleeding stops and it will prepare you for pregnancy. If you choose to don't stop the cream once you have a positive test. It will help to hold the pregnancy, do your research and if you decide or have any ? Feel free to ask away.

The only side effect my doc told me about the cream was you have a greater chance of multiples. (Twins ect.)