Pregnancy 35+ Community
albuterol safety

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

albuterol safety

Im 6 weeks pregnant and have a terrible cold. I was having a hard time breathing 2 nights ago and decided to try my daughters albuterol inhaler. I used 5 puffs over a 24 hour period. I dont know why but I assumed it was harmless to use while pregnant. Now im looking online and see its a class C! Im nervous I may have done harm to baby. Anyone else use albuterol while pregnant first trimester?
Call your doctor,if its not something you have used before you need to check with them. I have one and had to use it with my first two and it was ok but like i said if its not something you usually use you need to call.
My dr had me on albuterol in the 1st tri of my last preg...I couldn't breathe and used it for a week. No harm to baby.
I had a bad cold/sinuses when I was 5wks my ob gave me a 3day zpac, she said it would be ok to take, ask your doctor what she/he can give you for it. Good luck
Not sure but 5/24 hr is a lot. The regular is 1-2 puffs
It's safe but call ur doc if I'll keep needing it.
In my first trimester I needed my puffer a lot more than usual but it settled down at about 12 weeks
And the dose isn't very big. U can take 2 puffs 4 hourly.
Thanks everyone for your input. There isnt much I can do about it now anyway, but hearing that other people have taken it while pregnant makes me feel a little better. ***** being pregnant and sick!
Anyone thar take proventil and her pregnacy and how often u use
Where did u go to look up what class albuteral falls in?