Pregnancy 35+ Community
am I too old to conceive

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

am I too old to conceive

Im 37 now never had kids but now trying my partner is 8 years older than me and has had kids im worried that we've missed the window of conceiving becuase of our age
Not at all. Check ttc 40 group for encouraging news. Just try taking prenatal tabs and eating healthy. There are fertility clinics that can also help and give you options if naturally does not work. Go for it if you want to have a baby.
If you want to have a baby, start actively trying  now as every month matters, start taking prenatals or at the minimum folic acid, stop drinking alcohol and smoking if you do and cut down on caffinne, it takes 3 months for an egg to form and be released so the quicker you can get into shape (egg wise) the better, give yourself 6 months of actively trying (temping, using ovulations kits etc) and if you havent gotten pregnant by then go to your doctor and get some basic tests done and then you can go from there, good luck, oh and I have had 4 healthy babies since  I turned 37, last one when I was 44,  I have also had 4 miscarriages as well due to egg quality issues which is part aging, which ***** but you can only try to help your eggs by being healthy yourself :)
Oh athere are numerous hrba/naural suppliment that can help with egg quality as well :)
I had my tenth baby at 38. You have time to have a few if you start now. Like stacey said cut out alcohol, smoking and caffeine and eat healthy.
Also my husband is 17 years older than I and our baby is 5 weeks old. My husband is 55.
I just wanted to say it's not my first not I'm pregnant and I'm 38 important almost 30 weeks.  Due June 20 with A little girl.  Number 5 huge surprise..  Women have baby's for many more years your still plenty young. Good luck with you the best keep us updated.  Relax enjoy and hopefully it'll happen quickly for you :)
My gma had my dad when she was 43
The short answer is no.  I turned 38 in December and my husband and I have been actively trying for over a year.  We ended up with a really good RE and just before we were going to sign up for an IUI (hubby's issue), we got a BFP!  We are 6 weeks preggers today.  I am already having "morning sickness", daily and often, but we could not be happier!  Good luck to you both!
How long have you been TTC? I am 35yrs and my DH is 12 yrs older then me w/ a 25 year old child. We TTC for over two years and I had some of your same fears. I am not 20weeks pregnant. We seen an RE and got pregnant w/ IUI and meds :) Its still possible for you. Good luck and KIT
Let me clarify I am NOW 20 weeks pregnant and my DH has a 25 yr old daughter from a previous relationship... I have no kids....well except for the one on the way now :) I think you will be fine. Have you seen an specialist yet?
I'm the same age and we were trying for over two years I went to doctor to talk about fertility treatment but hubby having non of it then found out I was 5 weeks pregnant am now just about to turn 35wks and couldn't be happier only advise I have is relax don't think about it but take vits anyway
There are loty of women in their 40s and early 50s that have children.
Just have faith in God. At your age some women are yet to marry but they still will their children.
Bless you
came off the depo injection last year in march and its taken a year for body to have periods normally now so hopefully with trying loads it wontt take a too long lol thanks for all your support and advice
Good luck and keep trying :)
I'm 34, will be 35 next month before I give birth to my first child, a daughter. We got pregnant just about right away. It's totally possible. Just be prepared...we older ladies seem to have a tougher go at it during the pregnancy. I've had issues at every turn....not with the baby but me breaking down and having issues. Good luck!!!
Hi! You need to relax as much as possible. Don't obsess about getting pregnant. It will happen! I'm 37 yrs old and 14 wks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. My husband is 4 yrs older than me. I haven't done anything unusual other than eating healthy, exercising moderately to keep the weight down, giving up on alcohol and taking prenatal vitamins months before even trying to get pregnant. I kept track of my cycle by using the ovulation kit. That way I knew exactly when was the best time to try. Good luck to you! Just relax and enjoy the process!