Pregnancy 35+ Community
contractions waking me up at night

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

contractions waking me up at night

I had 4 of them that woke me up, they were so bad.. I bet if I would of went in they would of  induced. I had such a bad reaction to them inducing me with my first dd.. I just hate to see it happen again.  the only early labor stage I have left is the water breaking and the contractions. Every night now they seem to get worse..  either that or I have just be come a weenie with pain these days.. lol I almost took a tylonol last night after the second one... lol...guess Im going to end up with a late night delivery?  I was hoping for an afternoon one.. like who doenst?...smile

I was going to go walking... but really scared it will happen. Is this wierd? at times... I dont think Im ready yet. just nerves I guess....anyone else feel like this?
Hang in there honey!  I don't know what to tell you except that baby will be here very soon.  Keep us posted!
I feel the same way, I want baby to arrive, however I know that life will completely change once baby is here.

I was having 4-5 strong contractions per day last week. Those have slowed down and I'm only have 2-3 per day lately. Makes me wonder if baby will be joining us this weekend after all. Due date is Sunday.

Hang in there. Our little ones will be with us soon and all will be wonderful!
I AM SOOOO READY a little nervous but ready... I wish that it would happen right now at work! haha.... good luck girl I am planning on tonight ;) wishful thinking
I can't wait until your appointment this thurs.. I am at 2cm now..
At last Wednesday's appointment, I was 2 cm. My doctor did not check me at this week's appointment. I don't really mind not getting checked, however it would have been nice to know if anything had progressed further. I could be walking around at 3 cm now and not even know it. I've been waiting for those contractions to start back up . . . maybe closer to the weekend. Best wishes to all of us with due dates quickly approaching!
You are so lucky!!  You will have your little one in your arms soon!  Good luck to you, I know all will go well.  Take care!
How exciting for all of you.  Good luck!
Tennessee.....you know Im ralling for you all week!!!! Go Go baby time LOL!
I know how you feel, I'm really scared too.  I'm sooo ready to have him out..but not sure if I'm ready for delivery or for my life to change like that.  This is my 1st..  I guess it's only normal to feel this way.  But, my back hurts like hell...so, come on, get out already  LOL
Oh and about the contractions, last Thursday night, they were waking me up too..they continued most of Friday and again, really strong ones on Friday night..but they stopped  :(   He's playing tricks on me
anytime, Teresa, anytime - it sounds like your body's ready to go!!  I know you're mentally/emotionally ready as well.  Have you done the nesting thing?  I waited until about 3 hours before Noah was born to do anything - j/k!!  I sure didn't give myself very much time to do anything as I was thinking I needed to rest as I wouldn't get the opportunity after he was born which isn't necessarily true.

I know you already have some meals prepared ahead of time and I wanted to say that I think that's wisest thing you could've done.  Then you don't even have to think about what to do about dinner.  Anyway, good luck - it sounds like it'll be anytime!
thanks guys... your are so great.. .. yesterday I was in a funk and just felt bad all over. no energy! feeling better today. already got 5 times more done this morning then I did the whole day yesterday.. lol
a friend of mine stoped by towards the end of the day and also lifted my spirits.

Ready or not here she comes.. some things you just cant control.. smile. my emotions got the best of me yesterday.. Im sure when she is in my arms... I will be in peace, and so much in love, and nothing else will matter.

I think I have most of the dinners planned for company.. I figured what I dont... they are on there own! and or can go out. and only one weeks worth.. maybe they will get the hint????
I cracked a smile at the comment 3 hrs befor getting things done.. Jen thats normally when Im at my best.. lol.. so I can relate there. and yes.. I can see me doing something if able. lol..

I always do way too much with company. and ALWAYS stress befor they come.. I just didnt expect it this time around... because of my situation.

I see the ob this afternoon.. Ill keep ya'll posted.. thank you so much for hearing me out.

Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers