Pregnancy 35+ Community
desperate about my baby in womb

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

desperate about my baby in womb

On friday my girlfriend went to triage cause she had a gush of fluids come out with blood she only 8 weeks pregnant so when they did the vaginal sonogram they saw the baby had a heart beat of 154 so i was relief that day but she been brown spoting all weekend and then today when we went to get the sonogram the tech wasnt their she was out sick nd they had no back up and the nurse.ppractitioner basically told us that if it meant to be then we be good ...... i was like really wtf.... im so worried .. like some one give me a piece of mind
It's called a threatened miscarriage. I was told when I went through it that 50% of pregnancies go through it. I've been in the same situation. In fact went through it at 6 weeks. I am now at 37 weeks. The darker blood usually means it is old blood. There is some good news. Some doctors say to go on a modifies bedrest while others say that you don't have to change what you are doing. I noticed the blood stopped faster when I stayed on bedrest. This early on there us nothing they can do if her body decides that this pregnancy isnt viable. The docs and nurses don't always have the best way of saying it...I know...just remember that if she does miscarry there is nothing you could have done nor anything she could have done. i hope baby makes it through this rough time.
We just found out she has a hemorage so thats been causing the brown spotting but the baby is ok :)
I had spotting all the way through with my first pregnancy and had a boy born full term at 7lbs14oz. Had one lot of spotting with my 2nd and am now 20 weeks - the docs had no clue why this happened. I think it was down to stress. Get her to take it easy and - easier said than done - try to relax yourself. Good luck.