Pregnancy 35+ Community
does anyone know about intrahepatic cholestasis

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I would really appreciate if anyone knows anything about intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy :) I'm a concern mother for my daughter.  they found out @ 33weeks and said they would induce @37 weeks but she going crazy itching.  they have her on 2 meds and benadryl.  
I had cholestasis during my 2nd pregnancy and the itching was nearly enough to make me go mad!  My first child was 11 days late and I was as patient as I could be for her, but the entire third trimester of my 2nd pregnacy was torture.  Benadryl didn't help me in the least. I use a midwife center for my obstetric care and they told me they would agree to an induction at 39 weeks, which I did.  OK so here is the thing, IF I had to do it again, knowing now what I didn't know then, I would have tried to stick it out rather than induce.  The birth was super easy but there was a significant difference in the appearance and development of my two girls, my second just seemed so much more delicate than my first who had three weeks more in-uterine development, and the itching went away within HOURS of her birth!  I know, I know, easy to say now, right, but I remember the ice packs I would take to bed at night to put on my shoulders and arms, I remember the tubes of Biofreeze  (get her this!) I went through and I still think I would wait for the child to decide to be ready if I had to do it again.  Get the Biofreeze.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers