Pregnancy 35+ Community
don't know when I ovulate

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

don't know when I ovulate

I'm 39 years old..I had sex on the day before I ovulated..my lmp was on 1/16 and and ovulation was on the 30..now today I'm bleeding very lightly but my period isn't due until the 16 but I believe its early..how can I find out when I ovualate when my period keeps changing days every few months
My advice is to start temping.  It will tell you when and if you ovulated and hopefully you will start seeing a pattern that will give you an idea of when to start bding each month.  It also helps if you are wondering if you are pg or not; some people get negatives on hpts for awhile.  Good luck!
If your last cycle started on 1/16 then 2/12 would have been 28 days. It is possible you are having your af or if it stays light or even dark brown it may be implantation bleeding. Good luck.
The best thing or you to do is use a OPK ( ovulation predictor kit)  and hen your cycle ends start testing. Some tests depending on the brand include 20 test sticks and will have u start testing on the day after your cycle ends. Say for example u have a 5 day cycle the test will have u to start testing on cycle day 6. Really hope this helps. My cycle length is about 33-34 days therefore my ovulation day is generally cycle day 16.
My best advice is to get the book - Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  It will really help you understand when you are ovulating.  I also used ovulation predictors (fertile focus is my favorite hands down), which are also helpful and I used to check against what my temps and cervical mucus were saying, but I found that following cervical mucus to be the best predictor for me - but I am sure that everyone is different.  Good luck.

i tried a ovulation kit afew years ago to find out cause my cycle is allways crazy. It cost about the same as a hpt and you just pee on the little stick in the morning each day till it changes color. Then, for me anyway, it showed ovulation for 3 days and went back to normal. I actually repeated it 2m in a row just to be sure my crazy cycle didnt make it change but its allways the same 16 days after my first day of pd. and lasts 3 days. Id suggest gtring that. If you are tring to get pg, on the first day you show ovulation and for about the next week id be tring. Thats how i ended up with my twins lol.
I'm a lazy moose and just downloaded an app on my phone. You put it when you start, finish periods and it tracks when you ovulate. I'm now 8+2 so I think it works :-)
Thank you all for your answers..I'm.going to try the opk..I have a 30-32 day cycle and hopefully ill end up preggo soon..thanks again
I used an app called My Days. You input your menstrual cycles and it calculates your ovulation and next menstrual cycle. It took me four months to conceive with this app. You can input other info too, such pms symptoms, when you have sex, etc. It was real handy to tell my OB when my last period was.