Pregnancy 35+ Community
ectopic pregnancy questions

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

ectopic pregnancy questions

i recently suffered from an ectopic pregnancy that had to be removed surgically as the tube had ruptured and there was severe internal bleeding. the tube and ovary were viable and repaired. i would like to know how long it will be before i get my menstrual cycle again and how long i should wait before trying to become pregnant again. and what are the chances that i will have another ectopic pregnancy
When I had my tube removed due to ectopic pg, my menstrual cycle started about 27 - 28 days later.  

If you have had ectopic pg, you are at higher risk of having another one.  There is probably more risk of having another one in the same tube since there may be come scare tissue there.  And probably less risk of getting another ectopic in the other tube.  

I had my tubes checked a couple months prior to getting pregnant, and both tubes were open, but I still had an ectopic.  Sometimes these things just happen that way.  My tube was removed in March of 07 and I got pg again June of 07. I had fertility challenges before the ectopic, so both pregnancies were from insemination.  I'm now 33wks pregnant, so all has ended well.  Take care and good luck.  Sorry you had to go through that.  I know what it is like.  
Hello I had an ectopic PG in OCT'08. I have been trying to get pg again ever since. I still have not had my menstraul it has been 95 days. Can anyone please help me to figure out how long it will take to get one again. Also I feel that I have not been able to get pg again due to having a menstural for 95 days. I stopped bleeding the first week of Dec. Help Me I really want to get pg again.
I am so very sorry you had to go through this.  It is hard to say when you will have your next menstrual cycle, everybody is different.  I didn't have an etopic, but I have had multiple miscarriages, and in my case my period started about 5 weeks later.  If you have not had a normal period within 2 months, I would probably see your Dr. just to make sure all is well.  There are several women here who have only 1 tube and have had successful healthy pregnancies.  I would consult with your OB or RE, but I know it is not uncommon.  Again, I am sorry you had to go through this and I wish you all the best!!
I had an ectopic pregnancy and my period started about 3 weeks after. My tube was "saved" but a test later revealed that the infamous tube was damaged and blocked as a consequence.

We started TTC about 3 months after the ectopic... and it took me 2 years but I'm finally pregnant so be patient, it will happen, just takes a little longer!

good luck!
I had medical treatment for ectopic pregnancy 2 days before.....wen i willl have my periods now.  
preetiam
I recently had an unexpected eptopic pregnancy meaning I had no clue wat was going on or any idea this happens to women or could happen to me. However thankfully surgery went well and I have been home for one day I have a 2 yr old an I am thankful I am still around come Monday morning for her. Considering I came to well what felt like a very near and sudden death. Ofcourse had I hear of this sorta thing earlier in life I may have been more aware and percautious.  I wonder how many other young women like myself arent informed enough of this is school sex education classes or something! To all of you mothers whom have went through this boy I thought I was alone all night a few nights ago but I do feel even worst knowing about you I do know how this feels and must feel for those trying to conseve and for that I will forever pray for you.  Now with that being said I have been home for one day and bowel movements are not he easiest am I going to jeopardize the surgury by trying to pass this I have to go but the pills the hospital gave me taro-docusate have not ..kicked in yet and I was sorta hurried outta the hospital or so it seemed no hand out or booklet I was given so I am just scared and seen this comment page I hope I can get a tiny bit of help here i hope anyone can relate an please help yours truly T
I meant to say I am grateful I was not alone but still sadened at the fact I never knew this could happen I wish anyone who has gone thru this or is going thru this the best wishes and thoughts to you and your loved ones. Yours truly T