Pregnancy 35+ Community
embarrassing question

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

embarrassing question

Wondering if anyone else has this problem?  Before I go poop I get this terrible gas pain on the left side of my stomach. .almost feels like the gas or poop is stuck there and then two seconds later I go poop and then I'm fine? I had this on and off since my last baby six yrs ago but lately its worse and happening like every day? I'm 28 weeks pregnant so I'm sure things r squished in there..anyone have this problem or know what to do about it!??
I had the exact same problem....I was told to drink prune juice to get things moving but honestly that made things worse....it didn't go away until I gave birth...it got so bad that at some point I thoughti had more serious problem than just blocked colon....after I had my baby I scheduled
Colonoscopy rightaway...I mean as soon as stopped bleeding....and everything was clear and normal....hard to believe considering how much pain I was in constantly
I have had these I call them "poop cramps" since I was a small child. Dr. never can say why. I started doing research and it suggested irritable bowel syndrome but none of the other symptoms of it fit. I found that it helps when my poo is not hard so I take stool softener...also drink lots of water. The iron in the vitamins could be somewhat constipating you which makes it worse.  Sometimes they hurt so bad that I have to grab on to something and try to breathe through them without crying. Hope this helps.
Wow that's exactly what I feel like! ! I swear it feels like my intestines or colon well pop?! I have mentioned it before to a gastroligist who said sounds like irritable bowel syndrome but he didn't offer much advice as to what I can do for it!! He said lots of pple have it! Thanks girls glad I'm not the only one w this ..I think being pregnant just makes it worse because every thing is squished up in there