Pregnancy 35+ Community
fibroids in pregnancy

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

fibroids in pregnancy

I am 9 weeks pregnant and my doctor can't see the baby.  She told me that i have fibroids.  I have been spotting off and on for the past two weeks.  I am so nervous about everything because i go to the doctor every week hoping to hear some could news but i don't.  Could it be that the fibroids could be bigger than the fetus.
Hello, congratulations on your pregnancy.  I had fibroids with my first pregnancy, however they didn't develop until late into my 2nd trimester.  I had about 4 of them--the largest was the size of a plum.  Fortunately, they shrunk later in my third trimester, and eventually they dissolved.  In your case, I don't know if your fibroids will be an obstacle in how your pregnancy continues.  I know fibroids can get pretty large, but to what extent they pose potential risk to a developing fetus, I don't know.   Talk with your doctor about it, get the answers you need.  Fibroids are very common in pregnancy, your OB should have given you better insight.  I wish you the best, and please keep us posted.
I am not sure how to answer this.  I too have fibroids, but as far as I know it shouldn't get in the way of seeing the baby. Now I am certainly not a Dr., and I have no doubt that every case is a bit different.  What is your Dr.'s opinion and what are your HCG levels?  I wish you well, and am sorry you are going through all this stress.