Pregnancy 35+ Community
getting pregnant after novasure procedure

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I had the novasure procedure done in july of 08.  I am now engaged to be married and would like to have another child.  Is there anything that I can take or do to get pregnant after this procedure?  I already know the dont's of having a novasure and trying to conceive.
This is one of those issues that only your Dr. can really advise you on.  You already know it's very dangerous, so I shall skip that part.  To the best of my knowledge conceiving after this procedure is very difficult, however there may be options available.  It is important if you are wanting to conceive to work closely with your OB or RE.

Good luck to you.
Very possible
I agree with adgal it is going to be tough it's not like you just had your tubes tied, they actually inserted little metal things into each tube to cause a lot of scarring so you can't get pregnant again naturally, and if for some reason you ever did get pregnant naturally the risk of ectopic pregnancy is very great.

This is something you and your doctor need to sit and have a serious discussion about I mean you could always do and IVF procedure with your egg and your husbands sperm but it is costly that's the down side the upside you would still be able to have a child

Tough situation I hope everything works out for you  
I APOLOGIZE for the answer that I gave above esp when describing the procedure I was wrong I got it mixed up with another procedure called ESSURE where they actually put the little medal things in your tubes.

Please DO NOT go by the advice I gave you just ignore it

You had an ablation done which is where they burn the lining of the uterus, correct I am not real sure how this will affect your fertility but I do wish you luck

Again I am sorry for the mixup  
thank you for the advise.  Yes it was the burning of the uterus line.  I will probably as you say and others have said, will have to work with my obgyn in order to do this successfully. thanks again.

I am 31 and had the NovaSure procedure seven years ago. My monthly cycles never stopped, they just stopped lasting 7 days and now only last 2 or 3, they are still pretty heavy. Anyways, before I got the procedure my doctor told me that I was having very bad miscarriages,and tht one of us needed to get fixed. Being Catholics we were very sad, but we spoke with a Priest and he gave us his blessing on this matter b/c it was effecting my life. My husband got a vasectomy, and to our horror my bleeding never stopped, it was the same, I was not having miscarriages! So, then my doctor assured me that my body was SIMULATING miscarriage, being very young I didn't think twice when he told me that I needed the NovaSure procedure, I never even thought to have a 2nd oppion, and I figured it was too late anyways b/c my husband under went the vasectomy anyways. Well needless to say i am in the same type of boat as most of you. I want to have a baby, my husbnad is getting a reversal after much praying about it. We were going to adopt, but out of the blue my husband says he wants to get the reversal...I told him that it wouldn't matter, but started doing research and see that lots of women are having babies after the NovaSure procedure and making it through. I have been reading the forums in here as well, and feel like I have hope. I went to see my primary yesterday and she told me that sense its been 7 years and I have periods that there is a good chance that my uterus healed its self or still has good attatchement areas for an egg. She made an appointment for me to get a pelvic ultrasound done in 6 days to see how my uterus looks, I have been praying and praying  and asking for the intersession of Saint Gianna. I pray that I can get pregnant, I pray that I didn't mess my body up too much. When you are young and foolish, and you do not have a good prolife roll model to help you find other choices....you make the wrong choices like I did. Anyways my hormone level was taken yesterday and I will get those results Monday... I pray that my uterus is okay. I had an in office procedure, and I don't recall the doctor telling me he was going to do anything to my tubes b/c my husband was already fixed. I am walking on faith and eggshells, I feel like I do have hope,b/c of all of the women's forums that I have been reading. I want to be open to life, I want to have many babies more, or even just one. I pray that God answers my prayers, and I ask all of your for your prayers as well. I will pray for you too.
Beth
Welcome to this forum and best of luck to you in your quest to conceive and birth your own child. You and your family will be in my prayers