Pregnancy 35+ Community
high risk pregnancy help?!?!?

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

high risk pregnancy help?!?!?

Hi im new here and i have few questions first im 11 weeks pregnant am diabetic
ny bloodsugar isnt well under control but am trying...ive had few miscarriages 2 missed
miscarriages years back..well anyways im scared with this pregnancy im having on and off
morningness ( more at night) not much breast tenderness..not much going to the bathroom
i do get headaches...i feel so tired lightheaded dizzy sometimes:( is this normal? I dont want to
lose this baby please help me.... Btw im abit heavy and feel alittle bump is that good?
Hi... by this stage of the first trimester you should be noticing a reduction in morning sickness as your hormones start to balance out...some lucky woman don't even get any sickness symptoms at all....and an unlucky few continue to have it throughout their pregnancy......not all woman experience exactly the same symptoms so some may have breast tenderness some may experience constipation etc.

Not getting every symptom doesn't mean your pregnancy isn't progressing normally.  I understand your anxiety though...I previously had a miss-carriage in November and tried and got pregnant again in January... but every little twinge I feel like running to the emergency.

Unless you are actually experiencing bleeding and cramping I would try to relax because the stress of worrying wont be doing you or your little piece of heaven any favours.

Your are heading into the second trimester so your body is now starting to make more blood which can result in the feeling of light headedness and dizziness.....

It wouldn't hurt going to speak to your GP just to set your mind at ease and discuss ways of getting your blood sugar levels in check.... I'm not sure of the implication for your little bundle if you don't...but it's a little more difficult to miscarry once you've passed the first trimester...

Good luck x
Just work with health care practioners to managevthe diabetes and blood pressure coz they can be harmful to baby - beyond that take each day as it comes and just enjoy nesting baby,  that way you reduce your stress hormones coz they also harm the baby. Sm not in medical field but your symptoms might be related to the diabetes and bp and the sooner you see a doctor the better.
Thank you ... Im just so nervous i love this baby im doing everything to take care of me and my baby... Btw i do get heartburn hurt alot...i dont have any bleeding nither cramping... Is it true that you can feel or hear ur baby heartbeat while inside you? Dunno thats what i heard and want to.know if its true...
You can use a machine to hear it, but not just by listening. At 26 weeks, your partner may be able to hear by putting his ear up to your belly.
Now i have diarrhea on and off plus my taste has change when i eat something its so different... Is it normal?
I've had alot of symptoms. This is number 5 for meand all have been somewhat different...  I have in last cpl months had alot of dizziness morning sickness nd still have they are normal symptoms usually unless it's to the point ur passing out.  I'd not worry to much. Good luck
Thanks all im in the hospital right now cause i was having pain..i had my first ultrasound and baby is doing fine growing i heard the heartbeat which they said im 11 weeks 2 days..i feel abit better but now my platelets are low....should i be worried? Will it harm my baby?
I just got a call from doctor office and said platelets are back up:) i cant wait to feel my baby move kicking im so excited i love my baby so much
Glad things are good! Take care of yourself.
Thank u flickan and everyone

take care all
Thank you all hugz