Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.
ok so on monday i was told my cervix was on the shorter end 2.5 cm....they wanted to wait 6 weeks to do another u/s but i called them and told them i dont feel comfortable waiting that long so they decided to bring me back in 4 weeks...so may 24 is my next cervix...i once again feel like im sititng on pins and needles...im so scared
i just went to the bathroom and there was a bit of brown mucous when i wiped (sorry if tmi)...so i wiped again and nothing was there....i noticed in my underwear that there has been white discharge which i thought was normal so ive ignored it
im so worried that my cervix wont hold up...i dont know what to do...im not cramping and i feel the baby moving once in awhile...even caught her heartbeat earlier today...
is this mucousy discharge normal at 18 weeks or should i call my doc?
debbiefeff - its such a tough call with the short cervix because a normal cervix measures between 2.5 - 4 cm...im at the lower end of the spectrum but i guess some women naturally have a short cervix and my ob explained today that sometimes the baby is putting pressure on the cervix which causes it to be measured shorter in the u/s...so there is no exact answer...the only thing i can do is wait for my next measurement on may 24 and hope im holding steady at 2.5 or higher...if it is going down then the doc will most likely start me on progesterone....its going to be a long wait but im gonna get through it
udbe2 - thank you....im not sure if heperin can cause a short cervix...i do know that it can cause spotting...its such a tough call to start progesterone as i explained above...im stuck with more waiting until may 24 to make that call...my ob said that im almost at the point that they can help me with meds if my cervix were to start opening and if anything happens between now and then they will try meds to get it under control...just more waiting :/
awww...thank you...this is a pretty stressful preg...ive been doing my best to stay calm...i cant wait to meet my little bundle...im almost 1/2 way to full term and i think after 24 weeks the baby is a high chance of survival...i hope my baby hangs in there til at least 37 weeks :)
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.