Pregnancy 35+ Community
pink spotting, no cramps help asap

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

pink spotting, no cramps help asap

hi.  im 10 weeks pregnant.  during the first few weeks I didn't feel good, felt as if i had every symptom imaginable.  But for the past 2 weeks I have had no symtpoms except i feel tired alot.  Today I felt really good, no cramps no nothing and when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was a little bit of blood.  almost like when im about to start my period.   ive been checking it for a half hour and now and theres nothing but maybe some brown/yellow liquid when i wipe.    my doctor isn't in today and im so worried.  any suggestions?
I would call your Dr's emergency number.  You should talk to them now and ask his/her opinion.
Keep us posted and good luck.
Lisa
I would also call if I were you, you can call labor in delivery if you need to and they can hook you up to a monitor
i guess it was nothing..so far so good. Im fine.
Alot of times spotting is no big deal, and it happens all through the first trimester.  You should however let your Dr. know about it.  If it happens again over the weekend, call him/her monday.  If nothing else happens, mention it at your next appointment.  If it turns red or starts to get heavy, call the after hours number or head to the emergency room.  Remember that your cervix is very easily irritated right now. Even having intercourse right now can cause some spotting.  Good luck to you!!
Whirly - I had some spotting when I was 9 weeks along - have you b/d (baby dance or intercourse)?  Sometimes pink spotting occurs after that - it irritates the cervix.  That's what happened to me - after bd, I got some pink spotting that continued for a whole half of a day - totally freaked me out!!  Good luck and as adgal said, call if the bleeding turns worse & you start cramping although you can always call when you're worried.  I'm sorry you're going through this - jen