Pregnancy 35+ Community
pregnacy after novasure sugery

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

pregnacy after novasure sugery

i had my tubes tied and had a novasure surgery done its been years ago i have my period now agian  but was amrried in july and would like to give my husband his first baby i know iwould need to have a reversal done but i would like to know if its likly to get preg. or if i would be waisting my money if anyone would have answers please let me know i am wanting to have a baby very soon
the whole point of the novasure procedure is permanent sterilization...
so while sometimes it can be reversed, generally there is too much damage to the fallopian tubes to allow any chance of fertility.
you can conceive via IVF since you uterus and ovaries are normal, but there is no way for the egg to reach the uterus on its own.
Perhaps happynifer is confusing Novasure (ablation) with tubal ligation.  If you have had an ablation, your uterus lining (endometrium) is destroyed.  Your uterus is NOT considered normal any more, for the purposes of having a baby.  So although IVF would help get past tied tubes, no doctor would do IVF for someone without a functioning endometrium.

If your periods have happened every month since the ablation and don't seem reduced in any way, then talk to your doctor about your questions.  But if the ablation did what it was supposed to do and reduced or eliminated your periods, then the question is moot.  In that case, your only option would be to provide the egg and your husband the sperm, and to have a surrogate carry the baby.
I agree with AnnieBrooke.  Most in the medical profession do not recommend attempting pregnancy after ablation as even if you were to conceive it can be quite dangerous.  Please talk to your Dr.  If it were me I would probably not attempt a reversal in this situation, and look for other options.  Good luck to you.
yes i was confusing novasure with the many different tubal ligation surgeries.
novasure results in permanent infertility and you cannot carry a child after a procedure like that.
Novasure destroys the uterine lining, when it works as it is supposed to do.  But as some women have learned to their cost, it does not result in permanent infertility.  It would be better if it did -- some women who have had an ablation do accidentally get pregnant, and the embryo burrows right into the muscle of the uterus, which is a life-threatening issue for the mother and does not give the pregnancy a good prognosis either.  Novasure does not guarantee infertility; the doctor is supposed to tell the woman that she should not do it if she ever wants to have a child again, but on this site we hear from women who don't know this about having an ablation until it's too late.  Women who get an ablation should be able to be absolutely unfailing in their birth control, or else they shouldn't get an ablation.  It really can mean the woman will lose her life, if she gets pregnant.  
There has been the odd successful pregnancy after ablation story on here, but I don't think there is a Dr. out there who would recommend it.  There is rarely a good outcome, and as AnnieBrooke said, it is a potentially life threatening situation.  Even the odd success story you here, the women who went through it do not recommend attempting pregnancy.  At least that has been the case with the few that have posted here over the years.
well given the poster said she had BOTH her tubes tied and the novasure done, i'd seriously doubt she has any possiblity of pregnancy...
thank u so much for your info i am going to talk to a doc a girl i know who is a nurse said two of her friends had the same thing done and did a reversal and was preg in 4 mths of course everyone is diff i am just collecting info but your e-mail helped thanks
thank you also for all your info i have alot more understanding thanks to everyone