Pregnancy 35+ Community
pressure in the lower ab and cervic

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

pressure in the lower ab and cervic

hello,
i have been trying to get preg for the longest time. i will go through this months events.sorry might be graphic but i am frustrated. my period came on the 24th of march lasted 7 days, i started the ovualtion span april 2-7 i had sex on the 1st, 5th and the 7th. now i have pressure in the ovaries area and cervic feels heavy and it is a bit uncomfortable, no pain. i am suppose to get my next period on the 22nd.. is it possible that i could be preg.. i do want to add i have a dr appointment on the 14th to speak about fertility options, and will be asking for a preg test.. but i just want to know if anyone has felt these symthoms before and what the outcome was... i am very frustrated with trying and every month of disappointment... any advice would be grateful

christina
Are you certain you ovulated between the 2nd and the 7th? Are you using a predictor kit? I'm asking because "normal" is day 14 or 15 from LMP which would be the 7th/8th. That said, sex on the 7th would fit both scenarios so I would say yes, you could be pregnant (presuming your partner has good sperm motility).

As for the pressure in ovaries area and uncomfortable cervix...it is kind of early I think but some folks are more sensitive to changes. I know with my first I definitely felt pregnant very early (I was waddling on Halloween...she was born in July...by my math I wasn't far along at all and felt a lot of pressure down there).  

The 14th is a little early to test. Even the really sensitive tests don't work until about 5 days before your period is due. I guess your doc can do a blood test though.
thank you for the response, they told me at the office of the drs that he stated blood work and preg test... i am using an ov test strips and basal therm and tracker..my period was march 24th...i ov per the basal therm on the 7th and per the test stripe was calculating the same so we gave it a whirl to see what happends but we have been trying 2 years and i was trying prior when i was with my x husband and that was about 4 years and both men were run through the stream of test the x husband was good and the bf has a low sprem count but the dr stated that there are some good swimmers in there and to keep trying but i am seriously considering the fertility options . thank  you for the response...
You are very welcome. Good luck to you :) Let us know what happens.