Pregnancy 35+ Community
relationship

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

relationship

hi all. I have 5 weeks left until i have my baby & i feel like im going crazy. My partner was invited to a stag nite nitet  last sat nite & i told him to go & i planned to go to the cinema with friends, then i changed my mind & didnt want to go to cinema but he still went to stag & i got angry. He left at 5 and didnt come home until 3 next morning. I stayed home drinking cause i was really sad & stupid i know. next day i asked him was he talking to women & he said he went to a nightclub & yes he was talking to women. I just feel so low & like he wants to be with another woman. We dont make love anymore he never even lets me no he still fancys me. We kind of made up & then today we were talkn & he said a certain woman is oo oo oo, really goodlooking i got angry & jealous again & told him if he wants another woman to go. I feel so low with myself & feel like im going mad. I am worried i hurt my child by drinking sat, i just feel like im falling apart. 2 weeks ago we had a fight 2 & he stayed away all weekend drinking with his friends & left me alone all weekend
May I ask how old you are?  I don't mean to sound condescending, but drinking at this stage of your pregnancy is a poor decision.  It's done and over with now, and hopefully it wasn't a habit during your pregnancy.  The last thing you need right now is added stress and worry to your well-being.  By the sound of your post, I assume that you both are fairly young and perhaps not married?  You have got to get yourself together, physically and mentally for the betterment and welfare of your child!  Is this your first child?  The added stress and responsibility that comes with having a newborn can be overwhelming...you have got to take care of yourself and put your child first no matter wha!!  If your partner wants to galivant and party, let him be, you can't control that and you will only make yourself upset and may jeapordize your health in the process.  Do you have close family or a friend to be with during these last weeks of pregnancy?  PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT DRINK!!!!  Your precious baby will pay the price.  Your whole life is going to change once you have your child...You are going to be responsible for an innocent, beautiful little human being.  Please try to get yourself together and avoid all negative activity and people in the process.
i am 29 & i no what i did was very imature & i feel so quilty about it. I was just feeling so alone, i no thats no excuse. If something happened to my baby i wiould never forgive myself
I am not sure how strong your relationship was before your pregnancy, but remember your hormones are raging right now.  Chances are as you are in your last trimester, you may be feeling a bit unattractive and uncomfortable.  I have never made it as far as you are, but even in first trimester, my hormones and emotions were all over the map.  Its normal.  But you need to try to recognize it and handle it.  You already know that drinking is not the best solution right now, and are obviously beating yourself up about it.  Ask yourself...do you have any reason to believe he is unfaithful?  People look, its natural, its if they take it the next step that it is a big problem.  Has be been supportive through this pregnancy?  Remember that men don't go through all the emotional stuff associated with a pregnancy.  I think they try to understand, but he may also be confused as to why you are feeling the way you are feeling.

Sounds to me like you two need to sit down and have a long heart to heart conversation.  You need to be honest as to how you feel, and you need to be willing to hear him as well.  I hope your relationship works out, but should it not, this is still the father of your child, and you will be "attached" for a very long time.  

TAke care, I hope your feeling better soon.