Pregnancy 35+ Community
showing early...

Our Pregnancy Support Forum is for women 35 years and older. This is where you can communicate with other women who share your interest in pregnancy and childbirth issues. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

showing early...

Hello all ... I am wondering how early in your pregnancy you all showed.  This is my fourth pregnancy (m/c at 8 weeks 11/08).  I am 6 weeks, 3 days and am already obviously showing.  Several people have asked if I thought I could be having twins.  I know with each pregnancy you show earlier, and I'm now 35 ... but come on!!!  I do have my hcg levels if that could be a clue.  The second was high, but I don't think it was "twin high".  at 4 weeks, 4 days it was 700.  Exactly 7 days later (except first test was done at 2:00 pm, second was done at 8:00 am) it was 8075.

Really freaked at the thought of twins ... don't get me wrong, I'd be happy, but where would I put everybody???

btw, I do have an ultrasound scheduled next week.  Just can't stop obsessing...
twins never are indicated by a larger tummy at 6 weeks.  most likely its excessive bloating and your body remembering exactly what to do.  when our muscles are more relaxed after childbirth we tend to have a pooch earlier.

with my second i seemed larger earlier and this 3rd one i was larger much faster.  your numbers sound right for a single pg, and i wouldnt obsess till you have that u/s lol.  

you never know, but i do know bloating at this stage is VERY common and it will go down.  congrats!
Thanks kitty!  First I obsessed about numbers, now that those are ok I'm obsessing about this ... guess it will always be something!

I don't think it's bloating ... oh there are times I'm bloated, but then I look like I'm in my second trimester!  lol ... probably just because it's the fourth pregnancy ... I'm older ... and I have absolutely no abdominal muscles!!!  :)

I think I talked to you through the miscarriage ... I disapeered after awhile, it just became to hard to keep coming back.  Good to see you again though!
i remember, pips isnt a common screen name lol good to have you back!

im 38 and i think im young despite the drs telling me im an older maternal age lol.  what do they know!  eat lots of fiber rich foods.  you can get backed up and then look very large!!

im 25w5d right now with #3 (did have one early mc several yrs ago too) and i look the same as when i delivered my dd at 34 weeks haha.  

isnt there always something to obsess over?  right now im obsessing over the girls bedroom not being finished!! we moved into our house in dec and the chair rails need to be painted and put up!  its killing me lol.

congratulations!  Not sure If I saw you in the miscarriage forum or maternal health.  So happy for you though!

I keep wondering if I can put two babies in a cradel together!  Even though I am probably carrying a single, can't help but plan just in case.  I've always thought it best to put twins in a crib together, but a cradel?  LOL

Yes we obsess and obsess and obsess!

Got one other issue I haven't even talked about ... I was diagnosed with sensorineural hearing loss in November then had some weird bloodwork.  Saw a rhumatologist yesterday who wants me on prednisone.  Is doing more bloodwork to look for lupus, rhumatoid arthritis or connective tissue disease.  I've done enough research to be certain myself that I don't have lupus (like I'm a dr.).  I'm suspecting RA, which isn't a big deal for pregnancy.  My OB approved the prednisone, so I'll start taking that tomorrow.  They think it may reverse the hearing loss.

So lots to obsess about...
yes im sorry you have to deal with health issues while pg, never an easy task.  my sis has lupus and id hate to see that happen while pg.  my mom has RA and isnt on meds yet but has good days and bad.  knock on wood ive been healthy, other than a cold right now lol.  

most cradles have weight limits, i dont know about twins lol.  since my babies always stay in my room i bought a mini travel pack n play.  it has an infant setting up high for up to 15lbs, then a middle setting for newborns up to 20+lbs maybe then the lowest setting for a play pen.  

i wish you the best, take good care of yourself ;)

i see a new ob today, i chose this high risk dr i hear he is the BEST in town! im so excited!!  i was so relieved when we just saw one baby on the u/s , my dh would have passed out had there been another haha.
I'm pregnant with baby #4 also and I was showing 6 weeks. I had to pack all my jeans away. Very depressing. But I do remember showing very early with my 3rd as well. When I had my 10 week check-up, the midwife swore I was having twins because my uterus was measuring 14 weeks. She sent me for an u/s and it showed 1 baby but at 1 week ahead. She told me that sometimes the uterus gets ahead of itself because it already knows what to do. At my 15 week check-up, my uterus was measuring 18 weeks. I think our bodies get warn out.
Yes, we had actually tried for about a year when all the issues starting coming up.  I recently decided maybe it was best that I hadn't gotten preg and set it on the back burner.  We even got a puppy ... a replacement in my mind!  Of course that was when it happened.

Most of my "RA type" symptoms have gone away since becoming pregnant though.  They do say it usually decreases during pregnancy ... which actually reaffirms it in my mind.

Hope things go well with your new OB.  I absolutely love mine and don't know what I'd do without him.  He will be retiring from OB soon, so I just snuck in under the wire!

Take care of yourself!
Hello everyone!

Ultrasound this morning ... one baby, one heartbeat!  Whoo Hoo!

Another Ultrasound in two weeks, then at 11.  The 11 week is the "first look" which combines an ultrasound with blood tests to look for chromosonal abnormalities.  Anyone else having/had this?
Nope, I chose to skip that testing. Congrats on just one baby! I know I was relieved when I only saw 1. LOL.
Relieved, but also a little miffed ... It'd be nice to have something to blame this growing stomach on other then myself!  lol  A 7 wk bean just isn't that big!!!